DSR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DSR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:39

I know it's nearly unlikely that many of you have read through the entire "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series, a series that myself and Little Albatross started in 1999, so in order to discuss DSR inside the world of FRVS, we'll take a look at the relationship in the following episodes:

NOTE: These DSR FRVS episodes are being posted early in order to give you guys time to read the stories in order to participate in discussion.

3x26 "Road Trip"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the season 3 finale. It isn't the very first episode of FRVS that features Doggett/Scully interaction, but it is one of my favorites. The gang is on a cross-country road trip, there's plenty of silly chaos, and despite Scully being engaged to Skinner... there's plenty of flirting and feelings left unsaid between she and Doggett.

5x01 "Road Trip 2: Colorado Springs"

All that you missed in season 4 was that the characters that died when Krycek drove into the tornado wandered around in the Afterlife until they discovered it was not their time to die, so magically they are brought back to life and the road trip that began at the end of season 3 resumes.

5x02 "Road Trip 3: The Long Walk Home"

This is the conclusion of the "Road Trip" trilogy. Doggett has had enough of Krycek's immature antics and kicks him out of the van, along with Scully. I don't honestly remember how much DSR moments are in this installment, but I thought it'd be best to close the story before moving onto another story.

6x00 "European Voyage"

We read this four-parter for the FRR FRVS discussion thread, here it is again if you didn't read it then, this time focus attention on the DSR aspect of the story. This is really the beginning of good things to come for Doggett and Scully, despite some irrational behaviour on Doggett's part while stressed out on a European trip with Mulder and Krycek.

6x14 "Silent Night"

Scully reflects on the loss of her father at Christmas, and Doggett is there to be her friend and to comfort her. This is one of my personal favorites.

6x21 "Sleepless In D.C."

Scully comforts Doggett one night when he can't get Luke off his mind. IIRC despite not being an official couple, one of them (or is it both) tells the other "I love you". Ooooh!

7x21 "Not So Easy"

A big jump forward in the series. In the episodes previous to this, Scully (and Monica) have been held captive against their will at a Syndicate facility. The Smoking-Man sexually assaulted Scully, forced her to study Monica and abort her (Monica's) unborn child. Scully was able to escape the facility and return home to Virginia where her first stop was Doggett's home. Pretty much from her showing up on his doorstep and him taking her in upon her return they are a couple. This episode explores some insecurities and fears that Scully has now that she's back and in a brand new relationship with Doggett.

8x09 "Disclosure"

The episode starts out light-hearted, but takes a turn for a very serious discussion between Doggett and Scully when they try to consummate their relationship. Secrets they've kept buried deep inside themselves are revealed and though they attempted to make love to each other, they've never seen each other more naked than they do when they trust in each other and disclose personal issues. Again, this is one of my favorite DSR episodes of FRVS.

8x14 "Moving On Up"

Doggett and Scully are on a case to investigate false claims of alien activity in a small town and discuss the future of their relationship.

8x25 "Semper Fi"

Now engaged to be married, Doggett and Scully face the inevitable alien invasion. Doggett is called to duty by the United States Marine Corps, does he stay with Scully or does he answer the call of his country?

9x13 "Blood Drops"

Even though readers are led to believe that Doggett died in the season 8 finale, he survived with a small group of Marines that managed to escape the alien attack on their barracks. Throughout season 9 of FRVS Scully believes Doggett is dead and is going about her life post-colonization as if this is her reality. In this episode Scully is ready to say goodbye and the group she is with holds a memorial service for those lost in the alien invasion.

9x16 "Sub Rosa"

Scully struggles to keep her secret between she and Skinner, Knowle suspects it is something that it is not. Meanwhile the Doggett finds the location where Scully is located, but he's held, suspected of being an alien, by Knowle. Eventually Scully finds him...

10x00c "Save The Future: Whitefall"

Can Scully's life be saved, and at what cost to Monica? This is the third part of the second FRVS movie "Save The Future" - the two previous parts to this presented a timeline where Scully died, but time travel made it possible to go back and do things differently, and as a result it's possible that Scully's life can be saved. There's a sweet little surprise at the end of this story for Doggett/Scully fans, something that has been a long time coming and won't disappoint.

10x01 "City At Sea"

In order to survive the new ice age survivors of the alien colonization of the planet must live aboard a air craft carrier. The beginning of season 10 (the final season) takes place 5 years after the end of "Save The Future: Whitefall", and introduces us to Doggett and Scully as a married couple.

10x06 "Distribution"

Plans to take back the planet and win the war against the colonist aliens are underway. Doggett and Scully stumble upon a difference in opinion regarding his involvement in the attacks on the aliens back on land. A surprise attack by the Breeders (a type of alien-human hybrid) separates them.

10x10 "The End of an Era"

Part 1 of the series finale - I honestly don't remember what DSR moments are in this one, but thought it should go hand-in-hand with the series finale episode...

10x11 "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"

Earth is facing annihilation and it's up to Fox and Alex to save the day! It's the series finale, of course there's going to be some Doggett/Scully moments. Enjoy!

If you are interested in reading the episodes before, in between, and after the episodes listed here, you can find them at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After you read the episodes above, come back to this thread to discuss the Doggett/Scully relationship in FRVS from beginning to end. How do you compare the Doggett/Scully relationship in FRVS to that of "The X-Files"? Which DSR do you prefer: FRVS or TXF? Why? What aspects of the FRVS DSR did you like? What didn't you like?
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: DSR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:14

bump

Just a reminder that we can jump into FRVS DSR discussion at any time :)
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:50

What I love most about the Doggett/Scully relationship in FRVS (http://www.serenityofx.com/frvs/) is how these two people came together after failed relationships that broke them, and other life tragedies and were able to find happiness with each other. The relationship between John and Dana in FRVS allowed both characters to open up to someone they can trust through and through, and they were able to help each other through some serious traumas. Scully with her past and having been a victim of rape as a child, and Doggett finally being able to talk about Luke with someone which helped him move on.

Even though their relationship is filled with angst, my favorite moments between them on FRVS was when they were happy and just hanging out together. I loved the buildup of "when will they get together?" and how in Paris John's fear of heights prevented him from asking her out when they were on the Eiffel Tower, and Scully felt that's what he wanted to do, but helped him out instead of pressing the issue. They came together on their time, no rushing it, no delaying it (outside of the events of season 7 where that couldn't be prevented). I hope to the readers of FRVS that them hooking up felt natural, it simmered for a few seasons and ultimately they got together.

I could probably write a book about the Doggett/Scully relationship in FRVS, but I'm also interested in reading what you guys thought of it :)
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top