FRR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

Go down

FRR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 02:51

I know it's nearly unlikely that many of you have read through the entire "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series, a series that myself and Little Albatross started in 1999, so in order to discuss FRR inside the world of FRVS, we'll take a look at the relationship in the following episodes:

5x08 "Picking Up The Tab"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monica flips out when she discovers that Scully is going out on a date with Brad Follmer! Monica and John go to spy on this date to assure Monica that she doesn't need to be so worried about Scully hooking up with Brad since it's so obvious that Monica still has feelings for Brad.

"European Voyage"

This is the first FRVS movie, but is also includes some big changes for Brad and Monica in terms of their relationship. Brad has been betrothed to Marita Covarrubias, and Monica finds out. Brad's refusal to marry Marita sends the gang on a whirlwind trip through Europe. There are four parts to "European Voyage", and I'm sure you'll enjoy them all.

7x03 "Historias del Pasado"

This episode takes place during season 7 while Monica is being held captive, against her will, at a Syndicate facility in which Syndicate scientists (including Dana Scully - also forced to be there against her will) to study Monica's unique abilities and how she could help create a vaccine against the aliens. This story takes a look at the past history of Brad and Monica, it's not necessarily a romance story of the two, but it gives insight on the two characters and why they relate to each other. This story stands out as one of the best of the FRVS series.

8x11 "What We Used To Know"

This episode takes place in season 8 and Monica has been back from the facility for some time. She and Brad have been planning their wedding and finally the day is upon them. The story concludes with...

8x12 "Moving Forward"

While writing this episode the writer, Little Albatross, came to an unplanned twist in the Follmer/Reyes relationship and what was written was done... this sudden change of events was so unexpected that it took both of us (Dana Doggett and Little Albatross) some time to sit back and realize what we had done.

9x03 "Shut Down"

Alien colonization is already underway, and Brad and Monica seek shelter in an abandoned house in Colorado. IIRC Brad and Robert Comer work off of each other to be Monica's protector and the ultimate "alpha male" of their small group.

9x18 "Transmissions"

Could it be the end for Follmer and Reyes forever? This is the season 9 season finale.

If you are interested in reading the episodes before, in between, and after the episodes listed here, you can find them at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After you read the episodes above, come back to this thread to discuss the Follmer/Reyes relationship in FRVS from beginning to end. How do you compare the Follmer/Reyes relationship in FRVS to that of "The X-Files"? Which FRR do you prefer: FRVS or TXF? Why? What aspects of the FRVS FRR did you like? What didn't you like?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRR in "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series (FRVS)

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:28

bump

Anyone up to discussing FRR in FRVS tomorrow? Read the eps (or at least a couple of them) today so that you are prepared!
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 22:54

Since I was/am a writer for FRVS I think I have a very good idea of how the relationship was set up, executed, and finally concluded within the realms of the FRVS world.

If you read all the episodes of the seasons in which FRR is a main pairing in FRVS you will notice that the relationship seemed doomed from the start. Monica found out Brad was at the D.C. office because he kissed Scully and asked her out on a date. Then Brad and Monica began to secretly go out with each other, only later to find out that Brad was betrothed to Marita Covarrubias (he said no). Then before any of their friends even knew that Brad and Monica were an item, Brad proposes marriage to her in Paris and she accepts.

The biggest turning point for the Follmer/Reyes relationship in FRVS was in season 7 when Monica was taken to a Syndicate facility to be experimented on because it was possible that her unique abilities could mean that she is immune to the alien virus. When she finally was able to leave the facility, she returned to Brad and things between them were never the same simply because Brad didn't want to face the fact that she had been hurt, he wanted things between them to be exactly how they were BEFORE she was experimented on. Enter Knowle Rohrer, who was able to be her friend, understand her, and ultimately become the man in her life.

I have to say that as a writer of FRVS that I never ever intended to have Follmer/Reyes end the way that they did. That was a twist in the character/relationship arc that wrote itself, and I have no regrets about it (even though I love FRR in FRVS, I also love the Rohrer/Reyes thing that came of it).

So what do you think of the FRR in FRVS? What moments in the episodes listed in the initial post of this thread do you like the most? What is your analysis of the FRR in FRVS?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum