Welcome to Awareness Month 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to Awareness Month 2011

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 31 May 2011, 23:01

Welcome to FRR & DSR Awareness Month 2011! Whether you are already a fan of the Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully relationships, or if the idea of the two are completely foreign to you, we hope you will spend the month of June with us learning and exploring the two relationships.

The first part of June (1 - 13) will be focused on discussions about the Follmer/Reyes relationship. The second part of June (14 - 26) will be focused on discussions about the Doggett/Scully relationship. The last four days (26 - 30) will be a wrap up of all Awareness Month discussions, and will also include discussions about submitted challenges (fanfic, drabbles, music videos, collages), as well as an end of Awareness Month reflection on both FRR and DSR - contrasting how you feel about each pairing from the beginning of the month to the end.

There will also be topics of discussion going on in the Awareness Month 2011 folder that are not listed on the schedule, so feel free to start your own discussion topics about Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully.

Keep your eyes on the official Awareness Month 2011 page at the SoX website!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the link to the general discussion schedule for Awareness Month 2011:

The purpose of Awareness Month is to help fans, who may not like the two relationships, understand why there are fans of “The X-Files” who prefer these two pairings above any other, to bring appreciation to the potential relationship that could have happened between Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully, and to let fans know that even if FRR or DSR is not your preference because either relationship interferes with your current OTP (one true pairing), that it’s all right to ‘ship more than just one relationship on The X-Files. Through Awareness Month discussions we at SoX hope to open up the strict boundaries that exist in the online fandom that people use to divide ourselves into “us” and “them” which cause tension and sometimes hurt feelings. We feel if there is a better understanding among fans that these boundaries can be lifted to create a more pleasant online experience for fans of The X-Files who may prefer Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully over that more popular relationship pairing.

Additionally for those of you who already love Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully you get to spend the month taking a closer look at your favorite relationship pairings and perhaps through deeper analysis and discussion learn something new.

Either way, we're going to have a lot of fun!

The SoX website is home to the only Doggett/Scully and Follmer/Reyes fansites online, you can check them out here for even more DSR and FRR goodness.

Follmer/Reyes - Always On Your Side

Doggett/Scully - Semper Fi

I'd like to point out that I have posted all the regular Fanfic Challenges, Drabble Challenges, Music Video Challenges, and the Collage Challenges as "sticky" threads in this folder. They're easy to find. For all the challenges presented in the "sticky" threads, they are month-long challenges and all responses are due on Monday, June 27th. And yes, we do accept late responses. All responses will be archived on the SoX website in the Awareness Month 2011 archive page.

Also, if there are 5 or more active participants (not including Dana Doggett or Little Albatross - forum/SoX website admins) throughout the month of June in BOTH Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully relationship discussion topics, there will be a drawing of active AM participants' names, and the winner will win an original shooting script from season 8 or 9 of their choice (of the scripts for sale in the SoX Store)! If Awareness Month has 5 or more active participants the winner of the drawing will be announced on Thursday, June 30 - the last day of Awareness Month 2011! So keep active for a chance to win, and encourage others to actively participate on BOTH Follmer/Reyes and Doggett/Scully discussions!

So let's get things started with introductions. In your introduction tell us a little about yourself, what draws you to "The X-Files", what brings you to participate in Awareness Month 2011, and which of the two pairings you prefer currently, or if neither one has ever crossed your mind.

Last edited by Dana Doggett on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:19; edited 5 times in total
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to Awareness Month 2011

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 31 May 2011, 23:08

I'm Dana Doggett (real name: Cassie) and I'm an administrator of the SoX Forum (and ultimate designer of the AM 2011 discussion schedule and challenges). I've been a fan of TXF since summer 1998 while watching reruns of season 4 on FX (season 5 too). I'm drawn to TXF series because of the mythology. I love the mythology of the series very much, it's my favorite aspect of the show - probably because it attempts to have continuity, unlike the MOTW episodes (which I also love). I enjoy the dark atmosphere, the paranoia and ALL the characters (ok, nearly all of them). Contemplating relationships for XF characters is just fun for me, I never expect any relationship that I enjoy on TXF to ever come to fruition (although there is a part of me that would adore it if by some miracle Doggett and Scully actually hooked up in the last movie - that would just tickle me silly and make me the happiest xPhile you know).

I'm here to participate in Awareness Month 2011 because I'm the one behind bringing AM back to SoX. It's been attempted in the past a few times, and I feel perhaps that this version of it is the best planned yet.

Of the two pairings I prefer Doggett/Scully, but I like Follmer/Reyes too. I've been in many DSR discussions for years. I've been a fan of DSR since "Roadrunners" first aired (and gave it first thought when "Without" first aired) here in the USA. I always have a lot to say about the DSR (check out the Doggett/Scully folder in the Relationships section if you don't believe me LOL). In the past I haven't given too much thought or discussion to Follmer/Reyes simply because it is so very, very hard to find FRR fans, they are a rare, very rare, breed of XF fan.

doggett ♥️ scully1 and :follmer: ♥️ reyes

ETA: Dang! We have no pixel Follmer, bummer.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 19:58

Hello, I'm Little Albatross (real name: Kristi). I am the other webmaster/SoX Forum Admin. I got sucked into "The X-Files" in the mid-90s when I first saw episodes like "Sleepless" and "Little Green Men". I really loved the dark atmosphere of the show (and for a time I thought Mulder and Krycek were partners LOL). I really got into the show in 1998 when I rented "Fight The Future" on VHS (remember those?). I loved the mythology, the music (Mark Snow is my constant! ♥). The show was unlike anything else on TV, unique in its stories, cinematography and music. I used to be known amongst my friends as "conspiracy girl" because I loved and understood the mythology completely.

I'm here at Awareness 2011 because I am the founder of the Awareness Month concept that began back in 2004 as Follmer/Reyes Awarness Month. The next year (2005) DSR joined AM. It was such a fun year and I hope we can repeat it. Thanks Cassie for bringing it back. I hope it can be a good one!

Follmer/Reyes is my pairing preference, and so is Doggett/Scully, though in recent months I have strayed from any discussions about "The X-Files" so I can only hope to be active this month since I haven't really thought about the pairings in years.
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by possibilitiesDSR on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:20

I'm Kim cheer
I was drawn in to The X-Files by a childhood friend in the mid 90s and was a very big Scully fan from the beginning and then I really got in to the MSR relationship quite quickly, it was the UST that got me so interested but as time went on, I got bored waiting for something to happen and then when something DID happen...I wasn't interested in it anymore, that's because Doggett had come in to view and I fell so hard for that guy in like the third episode of the 8th season. drool I began to love the DSR UST so much and really did see the possibilities of things happening for the two but nothing ever happened, kind of like the MSR obsession I had for that long period of time so I'm only hoping that hopefully if there is another film in the making or in the future somewhere, Doggett can get Scully to see what a mess she is in and take her away to a happy place. lol
possibilitiesDSR
Quiet Willy

http://www.facebook.com/kimberlar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 00:36

I just wanted to let you know that Matt at The X-Files Lexicon gave our little Awareness Month a shoutout cheer

The fine folks from Serenity of X asked us to mention their June 2011 FRR & DSR Awareness Month, which for anyone unfamiliar, are shipper discussions about Dogget/Scully & Follmer/Reyes pairings. Sounds fun, and you can find out about it here.

Having met the real Brad Follmer, it's interesting to think fans have an interest in pairing up his fictional character.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 00:39

possibilitiesDSR wrote:I'm Kim cheer
I was drawn in to The X-Files by a childhood friend in the mid 90s and was a very big Scully fan from the beginning and then I really got in to the MSR relationship quite quickly, it was the UST that got me so interested but as time went on, I got bored waiting for something to happen and then when something DID happen...I wasn't interested in it anymore, that's because Doggett had come in to view and I fell so hard for that guy in like the third episode of the 8th season. drool I began to love the DSR UST so much and really did see the possibilities of things happening for the two but nothing ever happened, kind of like the MSR obsession I had for that long period of time so I'm only hoping that hopefully if there is another film in the making or in the future somewhere, Doggett can get Scully to see what a mess she is in and take her away to a happy place. lol

Hey Kim!

You're not alone, I too saw the possibility of smthg happening between John and Dana in seasons 8 and 9 of the show, it's too bad fans are too focused on Mulder/Scully otherwise who knows what would have happened.

I think if Scully can see what a mess her life has become because of her decision to follow Mulder anywhere that she should end up with Doggett in XF3 - perhaps that's the one scenario in which I would want to see him in XF3 at all LOL

Thanks for taking part in Awareness Month!
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:20

Little Albatross wrote:Hello, I'm Little Albatross (real name: Kristi). I am the other webmaster/SoX Forum Admin. I got sucked into "The X-Files" in the mid-90s when I first saw episodes like "Sleepless" and "Little Green Men". I really loved the dark atmosphere of the show (and for a time I thought Mulder and Krycek were partners LOL). I really got into the show in 1998 when I rented "Fight The Future" on VHS (remember those?). I loved the mythology, the music (Mark Snow is my constant! ♥). The show was unlike anything else on TV, unique in its stories, cinematography and music. I used to be known amongst my friends as "conspiracy girl" because I loved and understood the mythology completely.

I'm here at Awareness 2011 because I am the founder of the Awareness Month concept that began back in 2004 as Follmer/Reyes Awarness Month. The next year (2005) DSR joined AM. It was such a fun year and I hope we can repeat it. Thanks Cassie for bringing it back. I hope it can be a good one!

Follmer/Reyes is my pairing preference, and so is Doggett/Scully, though in recent months I have strayed from any discussions about "The X-Files" so I can only hope to be active this month since I haven't really thought about the pairings in years.

Hi, Kristi...
I totally agree with what you said about Mark Snow's music. It was pretty cool wasn't it?
jsabat28
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:55

Oh yes, most definitely! Mark Snow is my constant, his music is the one aspect of the show that never let down! wub
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:55

Dana Doggett wrote:I just wanted to let you know that Matt at The X-Files Lexicon gave our little Awareness Month a shoutout cheer

The fine folks from Serenity of X asked us to mention their June 2011 FRR & DSR Awareness Month, which for anyone unfamiliar, are shipper discussions about Dogget/Scully & Follmer/Reyes pairings. Sounds fun, and you can find out about it here.

Having met the real Brad Follmer, it's interesting to think fans have an interest in pairing up his fictional character.

Yay! How kindhearted of them! ♥️
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top