What kind of DSR fan are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What kind of DSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 31 May 2011, 17:59

(originally posted by pttydafoo at the old Rens board)

please only answer this if you are a dsr fan. thankkks!

1. do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all others on the show?

2. do you want the dsr to come to fruition on film?

3. do you enjoy all characters on the XF equally?

4. do you write dsr fics, make dsr themed videos, do dsr themed manips or artwork, or do you run a dsr-centric website?

5. how long have you been a fan of the XF?

6. did you previously 'ship' mulder and scully at ANY point in your fandom?

7. why did YOU tune in to the XF every week? (scary stories, paranormal, mulder's sexiness, the romance, nothing else on tv was good etc)

8. sum up, in ONE sentence, why you enjoy the DSR.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of DSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:15

1. do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all others on the show? Yes. To me there is no better possible "end game" relationship on TXF.

2. do you want the dsr to come to fruition on film? I don't think that Carter & Co. would ever have the balls to do what's right for the characters by hooking Doggett and Scully up in a romantic relationship, but despite that I will remain hopeful that one day that I'd see DSR come to fruition on film. Until that (impossible) day I'll continue to get my DSR fix with fanfic and other fan methods of bringing the relationship to fruition.

3. do you enjoy all characters on the XF equally? No. I like most all the characters, but some much, much more than others.

4. do you write dsr fics, make dsr themed videos, do dsr themed manips or artwork, or do you run a dsr-centric website?
Write - yes
Vid - working on my first now
Manips - yes
Artwork - yes
DSR Website - yes, Semper Fi: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5. how long have you been a fan of the XF? Summer 1998, when I caught the Martin Landau FTF special on TV, couldn't find anyone to go see FTF with me in theatres, so I watched reruns of season 4 and 5 on FX.

6. did you previously 'ship' mulder and scully at ANY point in your fandom? Yes, from summer 1998 until the day "Millennium" aired in 1999.

7. why did YOU tune in to the XF every week? (scary stories, paranormal, mulder's sexiness, the romance, nothing else on tv was good etc) Scary stories, paranormal, conspiracy, paranoia, dark atmosphere, no other drama on TV was good enough to drag me away from TXF. The characters are addictive. Oh and the men are hot.

8. sum up, in ONE sentence, why you enjoy the DSR. I enjoy the DSR because of all the relationships that the main characters went through on the series, Doggett/Scully is the most realistic relationship if it would be allowed to happen, I like my TV relationships real, not fuzzy wuzzy unhealthy garbage like MSR is IMO.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 08:25

1. do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all others on the show?

Hell yeah. Anything between them really, whether its just love or lust or just being partners. Any of this excites me more than any pairing on the show.

I would die and go to heaven if this happened. I want this so bad, this is why I am still here, making vids to edit them together and wishing Scully would get a real man and Doggett gets the woman he clearly and dearly loved so badly.

You know I really do. Over time, I have come to dislike Mulder a lot and I dont have much thoughts on Reyes, other than there is something about her and the way she is on the show that rubs me up the wrong way now. But I love the show 1st.

Yeah yar! I make DSR vids all the time! I think I have made the most DSR vids out there. My website is Doggmatic Productions and showcases these vids and more.

5. how long have you been a fan of the XF? Since I came accross the episode "Space" in season 1, in the UK, around November 1994.

6. did you previously 'ship' mulder and scully at ANY point in your fandom? I think I did. I say "think" cause I wasnt internet savvy, so I didnt know the term "shipper" even existed for a long time. I basically was the type of fan that liked to see the two of them have some sexual tension or to argue or to have a nice time together. But never really thought about where I would want it to go. When the years passed, I think around season 5, The Red And The Black, I started feelng like the chemistry was really gone and their relationship was becoming very sour.

7. why did YOU tune in to the XF every week? (scary stories, paranormal, mulder's sexiness, the romance, nothing else on tv was good etc)
The show excited me. I certainly didnt tune in for one actor or character. It was the stories about scary, paranormal happenings...used to have me on the edge of my seat. And as the mythology unfolded, it got more intense and exciting. I love government conspiracy stories and so TXF just fed my imagination on all of that. Plus it was filmed in a very cinematic way, the mood and the music of the show was supreme.

8. sum up, in ONE sentence, why you enjoy the DSR. ITS DAMN SEXY. To watch a man fall deep in love (with a woman he shouldnt fall in love with ) and see the woman who should be loyal to another man start to have curiosities for this other man, this tough, deep, intense, emotional, sexy man...SEXY SEXY SEXY!! When love takes over logic, thats when its got fire. On a less firey level, he suits her to no end and he treats her with respect.
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JeSouhaite on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 23:00

Okay, there was a clear notice that this questionnaire was for DSR fans only... but... I'm rebellious, so I'm going for it.

No.

If there were an XF3, I must say that the "Love Triangle" would be extraordinarily interesting to watch. M, S & D. Imagine it. Yeah... I think at this point, for me, if there were a love triangle, I'd be less interested as to whom might win out. I really have to say, I'm more interested in the UST. Give me the UST (without too much drama). The love triangle is something that could be done without being... what's the word... I don't know what the word is (dramatic?)... I just know that M&D both have an interest in Scully.

Doggett, I think he really adores Scully. I'd like to see this again. If this were expressed in XF3 in some way, I'd be happy. I think whether or not his adoration is returned, it just goes to show that there's something about Doggett that makes him very admirable.

Absolutely!

No. However, I'm a moderator at XFU.

Since the show originally aired.

I did and still do.

I tuned in for the stories about the paranormal; however, I will admit that the mythology bores me because I do not understand it. I prefer MOTWs.

I enjoy the DSR because I greatly dislike the way Mulder left the show. I don't even understand why Mulder had to leave. Scully was left on her own. Somehow, she put up with it. I don't know how she did. I don't think I could have done so. Fortunately, she created a bond with Doggett. I think that Doggett deeply cares for Scully. He is such an upstanding guy. He's tough, yet sensitive. His devotion to Scully shines through in every scene. Yes, he might be tough sometimes, but he's got a heart of gold. I admire this in Doggett.

Ooops. You said one sentence. Well... LOL. All I can say is... Ooops!
JeSouhaite
Meepmork

http://www.xfilesuniverse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 08 Jul 2011, 07:27

awww you made me all tingly when you talked about how Doggett feels for Scully wub
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 14:42

I prefer partnership/friendship.

Hell no.

No.

Yes, but rarely.

From 1998 until 2008. When IWTB came out, it destroyed my enjoyment of the fucking series. Now, I couldn't give a rat's ass. smile Unless, of course, it's for pure shallow reasons, like Doggett in bed without a shirt, Krycek in the shower, and Knowle in black. devious

Yes, UST-wise.

Krycek. I was sadly disappointed week in and week out....

I enjoy the DSR because Doggett's hot and Scully deserves better than the poorly written and emotionally abusive ass that CC wrote Mulder as from seasons (whatever) until IWTB. smile
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 08:41

Little Albatross wrote:
I enjoy the DSR because Doggett's hot

monkey dance Word to your mother!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:36

1. [b Do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all the others on the show?

[/b]While I prefer the way that Doggett treated Scully to how Mulder often treated her, once in a while I find myself entertaining the thoughyt of alternate couples like Skinner and Scully, or Mulder and Marita....

2. Do you want the DSR to come to fruition on film?
Even if there's just clues...

3. Do you enjoy all characters on XF equally?
There are characters like Diana Fowley that didn't care for.

4. Do you write dsr fics, make dsr themed videos, do dsr themed manips or artwork, or do you run a dsr-centric website?
I do write dsr fics. I don't do dsr themed videos, manips or artwork, but I sometimes am an audience member, and often really like the vids and artwork/websites that other fans have done.

5. How long have you been a fan of the X-files?
Since Gillian Anderson returned after Piper's birth in the second season. "Firewalker" was my very first official episode.

6. Did you previously ship Mulder and Scully at any point in your fandom?
Yup. From the fifth season to about mid-eigth when I was first introduced to the character of Special Agent John Doggett.

7. Why did you tune in to the XF every week?
For the storylines mostly....and for the characters, particularly Doggett and Scully...and I really liked CSM and the Syndicate.

8. Sum up in one sentence why you enjoy DSR.
I guess the best reason is listed in answer one.
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Veiled Vesta on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:18

1. Do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all others on the show?

I have to say yes and no. Depending on my mood, and the season/episode I'm watching, DSR is constantly duking it out with MSR in my heart. Like in the early seasons, when Mulder was adorable and snarky in a fun way, he made a fine fella for Scully but when Dogget was brought in and Mulder came back with what I can only assume was a jackass implant, I was all for Scully getting with Doggett. What I can say that is I value D/S and M/S above any other pairing/partnership.

2. Do you want the DSR to come to fruition on film?

I would definitely love that if it was done in a believable, wonderful way but when Chris Carter screws up something as easy as Mulder and Scully chemistry the way he did in the second movie, well I just don't want him tackling anything close to a Doggett/Scully relationship.

Actually, I want the person(s) who wrote 'Roadrunners', 'Via Negativa', and 'Daemonicus'. (Doggett and his feelings for Scully really shined in these episodes). And maybe whoever wrote the little cut line in Cassie's sig where it's clear Doggett's feelings for Scully clash with his sense of honor.

Honestly if it came to another film, I'd be happily surprised and more than satisfied with hints of off-screen meetings and shared feelings between the two.

3. Do you enjoy all characters on the XF equally?

Define "all". I'd say that overall I did enjoy them but equally? Well, I hate to pick favorites but I prefer the agents more than the directors (including Skinner; sorry! I like him well enough but I like Mulder, Scully, and Doggett just a bit more.) The villains on the other hand are not well-liked by me at all. Not even fan-favorite Krycek. Once again, sorry.

4. Do you write DSR fics, make DSR themed videos, do DSR themed manips or artwork, or do you run a DSR-centric website?

I have made fanarts and manips for the DSR cause and I think I made one fanvideo but it was more general and less romantic. Due to my utter contempt for Youtube and their strict copyright laws, I haven't been in the mood to make fanvideos for any off my favorite fandoms but I do have some ideas for a more romantic fanvideo and if I ever get around to making it, I may upload it somewhere else. Also, I shall continue to think of fanfic ideas because I promised Cassie I would. I'm really hoping the holiday season will inspire me!

5. How long have you been a fan of the XF?

When did IWTB come out in theaters? Because I'd say about six months prior to that. Yes I joined the bandwagon very late. But still, if it had not been for the second movie, I would've never gotten that push I needed to check out The X-Files (I now own the entire series on DVD plus both movies; the second one more for completion and posterity's sake.)

6. Did you previously 'ship' Mulder and Scully at ANY point in your fandom?

Yes! I actually, kinda still do. shy I can't help it. That's actually how I was exposed to The X-Files after the movie trailers on TV. I think Cassie already knows the story but basically, after seeing the trailers/promos, I went onto Youtube to watch some XF clips as a way to get a feel for the show. Guess how many clips are Mulder/Scully related? A lot. And the most-viewed, highest rated ones too. So my impression of the X-Files was around these funny, oppositely-minded agents who had some damn fine chemistry. I decided to watch the first season which had some of the best Mulder/Scully moments, and not just romantic but partnerly and fun (Scully's attempt at going on dates were very amusing and I rooted for her).

A message board I frequent had an X-Files section and there were a TON of MSR shippers who were more than willing to convert me to their side and plow me with more fanvids and fanart. It was crazy fun, really, but as I breezed through the episodes and saw some of Mulder's less than stellar moments (Fowley and the desk thing immediately come to mind), I toyed with multishipping Scully and then season 8 came and this is already getting too long so I'll just stop it. You can pretty much guess what happened when I saw the T1000's rugged, lean self looking all moony-eyes and respectful at a grieving Scully.

7. Why did YOU tune in to the XF every week? (scary stories, paranormal, Mulder's sexiness, the romance, nothing else on TV was good etc)

I didn't so much tune in as had marathon sessions every weekend after buying the DVDs online. I initially started watching because it's such a pop culture staple and a highly regarded cult show, and damn it, I want to belong! The stories really kept my interest, especially the alien "mytharc" (never even knew that word existed before this show) and the balance of humor, drama, and mystery was just terrific. Even as the seasons got convoluted and introduced new less-than-desirable characters (I'm looking at you, season 6!) I still stuck with it and I'm proud to have made it through the series.

8. Sum up, in ONE sentence, why you enjoy the DSR.

It's sweet, romantic normalcy in a world of crazy, mixed-up conspiracy. (I'd elaborate but really, I've written way too much already!)

That is all. glasses
Veiled Vesta
Quiet Willy

http://cloakedhestia.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:28

I love reading your reply here, Vesta! FWIW, IWTB (sometimes more commonly referred to here as IWTBarf <--- thanks, Kristi aka Little Albatross) came out in theatres in July 2008 smile

Actually, I want the person(s) who wrote 'Roadrunners', 'Via Negativa', and 'Daemonicus'. (Doggett and his feelings for Scully really shined in these episodes). And maybe whoever wrote the little cut line in Cassie's sig where it's clear Doggett's feelings for Scully clash with his sense of honor.

I agree with you about not wanting to have Carter touch the Doggett/Scully dynamic/relationship - after what he did in IWTBarf... omgosh he better not even have his name attached to XF3 if it happens (I'm one of those fans who actually doesn't want a third film).

Roadrunners - Vince Gilligan
Via Negativa - Frank Spotnitz
Daemonicus - Frank Spotnitz

the quote in my signature (believe it or not) - Chris Carter, it's from description in the s9 "Trust No 1" original shooting script).

Despite the fact he wrote that... I never want him to touch Doggett or the Doggett/Scully dynamic again.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:32

A few more like it (but not as yummily DSR-y) here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Veiled Vesta on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 00:38

Dana Doggett wrote:
I agree with you about not wanting to have Carter touch the Doggett/Scully dynamic/relationship - after what he did in IWTBarf... omgosh he better not even have his name attached to XF3 if it happens (I'm one of those fans who actually doesn't want a third film).

Roadrunners - Vince Gilligan
Via Negativa - Frank Spotnitz
Daemonicus - Frank Spotnitz

the quote in my signature (believe it or not) - Chris Carter, it's from description in the s9 "Trust No 1" original shooting script).

You know, I did see Chris Carter's name after that quote in your signature but I still don't quite believe it. I guess I thought you credited Chris because he's the creator of the show and all but wow... he wrote that? So now I'm kinda confused on where he stands in terms of relationships. I recall earlier in the series he used to be noromo but then didn't he write some very MSR-focused episodes like the Haunted House Christmas one and the Bermuda triangle one? But now I see he made that note regarding Doggett's character? (Also, Spotnitz co-wrote the second movie, no? Is he on the M/S side or platonic or what?)

I'm just mind boggled right now. Also, "IWTB" equaling "I Want To Barf" is hilariously spot on. I sometimes tell my friend (who I dragged to see it with me) that it's the movie where "I Wasted Ten Bucks". (Times like these, I need a bitter laugh emoticon.)
Veiled Vesta
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 03:59

OMG! I love your acronym for IWTB, so true!

I don't think Carter or Spotnitz knows what they really want with the relationships, but I think they'll give the MSR 'shippers everything they want just to make the fans happy. I also think that they think most XF fans are people who only care about the MS relationship and nothing else. Proof? Just look at IWTBarf, shitty plotline that could put me to sleep, and the MS relationship drama was at the fore - teasing the 'shippers too, of course - because "all" XF fans are 'shippers and need to be teased that the 'ship isn't going to be afloat by movies end... just so there can be a make up kiss and 'shippers can swoon again. barf
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsofacto144 on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 21:54

New to the forum; what better way to start digging into it with a little discussion of my favorite pairing? =]

1. Do you prefer the Doggett/Scully partnership/friendship/relationship above all others on the show?
Most definitely. I think it's the stablest relationship and makes the most sense, to be honest. It was easygoing, naturally coming, slowly building up to a great alliance. [if only a romance] It wasn't confusing and character-compromising. It built up on understandable differences between the two characters and they grew through their similar caring and compassionate personalities. Nothing was forced, either...

2. Do you want the dsr to come to fruition on film?
Alas, from what I've heard of the 2008 movie [have yet to see it], it seems that Mulder and Scully are still going strong, or at least deeply bonded... It seems tragically hopeless but I would still love to see it happen. There was not enough DSR within the show - especially for what was being built up steadily and nicely, reaching a high point in "Daemonicus" with the revelation of Doggett's feelings - especially when you take into account the immense, weighty romantic moments between Doggett and Reyes in the 9th season. They were out of the blue, a little confusing and seemed a little unwarranted, and Doggett's supposed feelings for Scully just seemed to be disregarded, in the writing... [still not even in the middle of season 9 yet, so bear with me if there are some good DSR moments to come that I haven't seen...] And they were built on hardly anything. For the amount of screentime DSR got - plenty of it, spread out nicely over season 8 - and in such a beautiful way, there needed to be so much more showcased than what we saw. Sure, this lacking of romantic DSR moments on screen was very likely due to the fact that MSR was being driven to a conclusion and throwing in a new pairing involving an established character with pre-established feelings for another character would just make things crazy right? [DRR much?] But....It's inexcusable for what was built up and broken down - it's kind of heartbreaking to watch, I'm such a sap over this - and there should be some further display of DSR, if not to tie up loose ends, reintroduce Doggett into the picture [I hear he wasn't in the movie...], and clear up whatever feelings he may have had for Scully. That would be nice. If I can just ask for some nice closure...

All of them? Not at all! CSM, while being a clever villain and maybe likable for his wits in going about his dirty business, was a nuisance, a threat, and a joy to be rid of every once in a while... And then there's the characters I love more than others. Doggett, Scully, Skinner, Reyes, Krycek, Frohike, Langly and Byers.... But then again, just as with any real relationship with a person, over the course of their linear character storylines, there have been times when I've found myself disappointed or frustrated or angry with even the most lovable characters' actions. Scully and Skinner really disappointed and bothered me for a period of time, when all of a sudden their trust for Doggett flew out the window and Doggett was pretty much alienated by the only people he grew close to within his little circle of the FBI. Their bitterness towards him was just a bit much. Mulder doesn't even make my favorite character list any more because what I used to think was cute, energetic, childlike enthusiasm about the world was in fact plain old immaturity, the same immaturity that led him to treat his replacement Doggett with immediate disrespect and distrust fueled by his obsession with the FBI conspiracies. He started to annoy me a little and then I just stopped enjoying his enthusiasm, and started to remember that all of his cheer and care wasn't enough to make up for the years of stress and damage he put Scully through via the X-Files and his own personal pursuit.
I like and dislike each character on varying levels, for various reasons, and sometimes I may dislike them because I'm disappointed in the way they're acting for a certain span of episodes... so no, I don't like any character equally, but that's not necessarily because I really love certain characters more than others.

4. Do you write dsr fics, make dsr themed videos, do dsr themed manips or artwork, or do you run a dsr-centric website?
Well, now that I am a member of this forum, and because I love Photoshop and making my own graphics, I'm definitely going to be creating some DSR signatures and avatars for myself for usage on the site. =] Maybe I'll even try a wallpaper. I want to consider writing a fanfic but the fact that I'd have to really remember my knowledge of how the agents' jobs work and keep it realistic and believable makes me balk from it. I've tried writing romantic fanfic for serious series like the X-Files with a lot to the plot, a lot to understand and remember, and they don't turn out realistic enough. Dx
All in all, everything has just been taken into consideration, lol. Haven't gotten around to any DSR fanwork yet.

5. How long have you been a fan of the XF?
I've been officially watching it since this past summer, sometime in July or August, and have been a real fan for these many months.

6. Did you previously 'ship' mulder and scully at ANY point in your fandom?
Yes.... I must admit I did. That was back in the days of seasons 1 through 6. The excitement of their possible and budding relationship was still there for me, and I hadn't yet seen how unhealthy Mulder was for Scully - until Doggett came along and proved to be a fitting and better candidate for Scully's affections~ I stopped shipping them as heavily when the wait and build-up just got to be too much - sometime in season 6, at least a bit after Triangle - because the wait was not going to be worth it, I feared. And it wasn't.

But I did ship them, and hard. I was so frustrated at how slowly their relationship built and it was the main thing on my mind a lot of the time when watching the earlier seasons.

7. Why did YOU tune in to the XF every week? (scary stories, paranormal, mulder's sexiness, the romance, nothing else on tv was good etc)
Well I don't tune in every week... Lol, my parents did and I just hid away in my room while they watched the scary show with the terrifying theme music.... ANYway. The reason why I watch it and why I continue to watch it is because of all of the above. The paranormal, the fear factor, the attractiveness of the characters [okay yes Mulder is sexy but so is Krycek and Doggett], and the romance. I love a good romance subplot on any show... Anyway. I started watching it because it intrigued me, and I wanted to give it another chance. Plus, I'm a really, really big fan of LOST, and I had this book that explained references, shout-outs, or inspirations for the show, and the X-Files was listed. When I read that, and read about that show, and remembered it from my childhood, I thought that it was something of a hit in its time and now that I was older I should give it a shot. Plus it'd be one more show in pop culture I could know about. But I was so hooked on after the first episode. I was hooked because I knew of Scully and Mulder's infamous relationship, hooked because of the compelling paranormal plots that reminded me of the good old days when LOST was still on the air and provided me with out-of-this-world entertainment, and I was hooked because it was just so interesting and so good. The plot kept thickening more and more, and it was hard to resist. I continue to watch it now just to see it to the end. I feel like its winding down fast and in a way that will leave so many answers.... I want to find out if that Spooky finally gets the truth he so desperately wanted and dragged so many people down just to find. I want to see the resolutions of each character, like Krycek's death, what will become of Skinner, what are the circumstances of Mulder's inevitable return, what will happen to the new agents Doggett and Reyes and what will become of Scully, whose career in the FBI has been tumultuous and built upon Mulder's whims... I want the truth, lol! xD Just as with LOST, the meaning of the show does not reside in its ending, in its final meaning and explanation, I'm sure of that, I'm pretty positive that's how it will work - and that it's more about the meanings of what has been happening all along, and what the characters contribute to everything, and the journey along the way.

It's a beautiful, innocent, and underrated would-be romance that would have been the most understandable and healthy romantic relationship in the entire show - in my honest opinion. =]
ipsofacto144
Quiet Willy

http://fountainofrandomness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:49

Wow, you only just got into the XF? Just this past summer, so about a half year... you got through 9 seasons FAST! LOL Go you! cheer

Ooh, I do hope that you make some DSR graphics smile I love seeing how others make graphic collages, wallpapers, manips, etc.

And I totally agree with you about Mulder - childlike behaviour can only be cute for awhile, then when you're given a new character who is not like this who becomes the new main male lead character, then childlike main character returns and is even more immature... yeesh! I like Mulder and all, love him in the early seasons, but DUDE! the writers should have written Mulder a bit more mature in his behaviour when he came back - they established Doggett as a character to trust, and had Scully come to trust him, and then the writers regress when Mulder comes back and write Mulder as the rabid 'shippers and Mulder fans would want Mulder to be in their view of the character towards Doggett (whew! run on sentence!). I hate when TPTB wrote Mulder and Scully as a reflection of what the rabid 'fans' and rabid 'shippers would be like if they were on the show - distrusting and hateful towards Doggett. Boo, Carter! You suck, Carter! Rot in H.E. double Hockey Sticks, Carter! Boo!

I'll offer up some more comments when I get back from vacation smile
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 28 Dec 2011, 18:59

ipsofacto144 wrote:New to the forum; what better way to start digging into it with a little discussion of my favorite pairing? =]

Most definitely. I think it's the stablest relationship and makes the most sense, to be honest. It was easygoing, naturally coming, slowly building up to a great alliance. [if only a romance] It wasn't confusing and character-compromising. It built up on understandable differences between the two characters and they grew through their similar caring and compassionate personalities. Nothing was forced, either...

ipsofacto144 wrote:
2. Do you want the dsr to come to fruition on film?
There was not enough DSR within the show - especially for what was being built up steadily and nicely, reaching a high point in "Daemonicus" with the revelation of Doggett's feelings - especially when you take into account the immense, weighty romantic moments between Doggett and Reyes in the 9th season. They were out of the blue, a little confusing and seemed a little unwarranted, and Doggett's supposed feelings for Scully just seemed to be disregarded,in the writing...
It's inexcusable for what was built up and broken down - it's kind of heartbreaking to watch, I'm such a sap over this - and there should be some further display of DSR, if not to tie up loose ends, reintroduce Doggett into the picture [I hear he wasn't in the movie...], and clear up whatever feelings he may have had for Scully. That would be nice. If I can just ask for some nice closure...

ipsofacto144 wrote:

...just as with any real relationship with a person, over the course of their linear character storylines, there have been times when I've found myself disappointed or frustrated or angry with even the most lovable characters' actions. Scully and Skinner really disappointed and bothered me for a period of time, when all of a sudden their trust for Doggett flew out the window and Doggett was pretty much alienated by the only people he grew close to within his little circle of the FBI. Their bitterness towards him was just a bit much. Mulder doesn't even make my favorite character list any more because what I used to think was cute, energetic, childlike enthusiasm about the world was in fact plain old immaturity, the same immaturity that led him to treat his replacement Doggett with immediate disrespect and distrust fueled by his obsession with the FBI conspiracies.

He started to annoy me a little and then I just stopped enjoying his enthusiasm, and started to remember that all of his cheer and care wasn't enough to make up for the years of stress and damage he put Scully through via the X-Files and his own personal pursuit.

ipsofacto144 wrote:
6. Did you previously 'ship' mulder and scully at ANY point in your fandom?
... until Doggett came along and proved to be a fitting and better candidate for Scully's affections~ I stopped shipping them as heavily when the wait and build-up just got to be too much - sometime in season 6, at least a bit after Triangle - because the wait was not going to be worth it, I feared. And it wasn't.

ipsofacto144 wrote:

It's a beautiful, innocent, and underrated would-be romance that would have been the most understandable and healthy romantic relationship in the entire show - in my honest opinion. =]

OK, seriously, where did you come from Ipsofacto???? Heaven?????? What I quoted here and especially the bold fonted quotes here, is heaven in a forum of the X Files to me. Complete heaven. I couldnt agree with you more and word it all so well.

I think I wuv you!! woohoo
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Veiled Vesta on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:27

Welcome ipsofacto144! High five for another fellow late-comer to the series - better late than never, right?

And can I just say that I agree on everything you said in your answers. I mean it's uncanny how much we agree on so many things (even the reasons as to why we got into the show later; I'd heard of the X-Files and the theme song when I was younger but avoided it because I'm not a horror fan and that's what I thought TXF was).

From the sudden appearance of Doggett/Reyes romance to the wish for some kind of closure and the dropped Doggett-cares-for-Scully plot and how I used to love Mulder (as well the Mulder/Scully) but then he just got more jerkass over the seasons and when he's compared to Doggett in the few episodes they share, holy crap does Mulder look *awful* and childish in comparison.

Seriously, it's like you're inside my head! ... You're not, are you? OMG
Veiled Vesta
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 05:34

Wow!! I love the last paragraph there!!

And I aint a horror fan either.
gorgclaud
Narc!