What kind of MSR fan are you?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What kind of MSR fan are you?

Idgit 'Shypper - eye kant spehl write! M&S 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
HARDCORE MSR 'Shipper! But I'm not a rabid 'shipper.
 
RABID MSR 'Shipper - I will never ever EVER consider any other relationship on TXF. I go out of my way to bitch at fans who don't like the MSR.
 
Finis-'Shipper - I only wanted them to get romantically involved at the end of TXF story.
 
Just a 'Shipper - I'm not hardcore, I'm not rabid and evil, I just like the MSR.
 
USTer - I didn't want Mulder and Scully to get involved, I prefer the UST over RST.
 
Noromo - I never wanted Mulder and Scully to get involved, I still think it was a mistake. XF is not a show for any kind of romantic liasions.
 
Dark Side 'Shipper - I want them to get together, but secretly want them to end up with someone else when all is said and done *snickers*
 
 
 
View results

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:13

I don't mind a relationship on a TV show if it's written well, but most TV shows nowadays (ever since TXF) seem to write relationships according to what online fans want to see and it never seems natural anymore. I learned my lesson through TXF though, the moment a relationship couple is paired up or has forced UST between them because the online fans are jonesing for it... I stop watching (unless for shallow reasons like an actor is really, really hot - like Adam Baldwin on "Chuck" - if he weren't on that show I'd stop watching completely).

I prefer to watch quality storytelling over storytelling influenced by online fans which I call the "getting my way" fans who whine and complain and campaign for their relationship out of the fear that they won't get the relationship that they want to see happen.
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 14:27

That's just so sad Cassie, they must not have a life. rolleyes
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Geekery on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 17:32

Dana Doggett wrote:I don't mind a relationship on a TV show if it's written well, but most TV shows nowadays (ever since TXF) seem to write relationships according to what online fans want to see and it never seems natural anymore. I learned my lesson through TXF though, the moment a relationship couple is paired up or has forced UST between them because the online fans are jonesing for it... I stop watching (unless for shallow reasons like an actor is really, really hot - like Adam Baldwin on "Chuck" - if he weren't on that show I'd stop watching completely).

I prefer to watch quality storytelling over storytelling influenced by online fans which I call the "getting my way" fans who whine and complain and campaign for their relationship out of the fear that they won't get the relationship that they want to see happen.

Yeah, but what is anyone going to do about that? Not that online fans make me happy, but if someone naturally feels that way and then go online and they harp on and on about it, from their angle, they're just saying how they feel and they are doing what they want.

Now if these fans get listened to, then all fingers point to the creators, but what if the creator(s) wanted a relationship to happen all along?

And then there's the whole angle of the demographics and who is out there watching TV and at what time and what age group--and blah blah blah.

It never bothered me so much when it's all said and done. There was a lot wrong with The X-Files--and then they threw all this heavy MSR and baby drama all over the place. The show just went on for longer than it needed to, sometimes I think, but then I think of what the show had become by season 8 and 9 and I say to myself, it's not as if it wasn't interesting. So I can't say that entirely without a doubt, because then there wouldn't be a Doggett or a Follmer or a Reyes or a different kind of Scully (even though she's not my most favorite Scully, she was different).

I love NCIS and honestly, people push for Tony and Ziva (Tiva fans) and McGee and Abby fans (McAbby)...and I push for Gibbs and Ziva (Zibbs) fans. The Tiva fans have been making their way since she stepped in from season 3--and we're entering the... 9th season this fall? They're never going to quit and we're always going to have these moments/lines/scenes between Tony and Ziva--and I swear I just don't even care. I mean what am I going to do about it? I'm not going to stop watching NCIS because they're giving them all the romantic angles (they never kissed, slept together, or have children together), but it's just everything else about them and how they FLIRT constantly--and people say they have the best chemistry and people push and push and push for it, and I'm like you know what--I'm not going to stop watching NCIS because of Tiva fans and Tony/Ziva acting certain ways / saying certain things.

The entire show has far too many other great characters and storylines to let them get to me...

but they do get to me... lmao, but I ain't gonna stop. Like you said, Adam Baldwin is really, really hot on "Chuck" and Mark Harmon is a sexy like 59 year old silver haired FOX and there's no fucking way I'm ignoring him.
avatar
Geekery
Agent Caleca

Posts : 542

http://community.livejournal.com/begginafterdark/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 19:43

I must say Mark Harmon is still a babe CB. biggrin I'm not falling for the shipper stuff on any shows again, I'm just watching for the fun now. angel
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Geekery on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 21:05

I know I usually do not like what the majority of fans like in shows, but then again, I don't watch that many TV shows.

Mark Harmon is a freaking porkchop. I want to tear that man apart--and feast! shy devious
avatar
Geekery
Agent Caleca

Posts : 542

http://community.livejournal.com/begginafterdark/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 23:03

I thought you would CB. devious
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 23:05

I don't watch many shows either CB, I just don't want to go through another 'ship, bleach!!! angry2 soapbox
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Geekery on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 09:39

I don't watch a lot of shows for that reason though--I just can't be be bothered sometimes, lmao. I'm usually just a crime drama type of person and then everything else are sitcoms from back in the day.

That's why I always say that X-Files is a drama rather than it is a sci-fi even though it is both, the drama always just stood out to me. If it hadn't been about aliens, I'm sure I'd still been a big fan--but Mulder and Scully and all the other characters would have to have been the same--like they couldn't be people with different personalities and pursuits...

But with that said, I am glad it was about aliens. That means that The X-Files was such an intensely great show that it sucked even a viewer like myself right in and it kept me grounded--since sci-fi isn't my thing really.

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC, BACK TO MULDER AND SCULLY!!!!!! cheer
avatar
Geekery
Agent Caleca

Posts : 542

http://community.livejournal.com/begginafterdark/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Fri 22 Jul 2011, 16:10

Me too. cheer
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Veiled Vesta on Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:59

First of all, I'm surprised anyone voted "Idgit 'Shypper", let alone 2 people. Maybe they're trying to be funny.

Geekery wrote:I voted for being a Dark Side Shipper.

I originally wanted to go straight for being a Noromo, but I know at times (later on when I was a fan and sometimes now as I am looking back at certain episodes), I thought they both could be in a relationship--but it never is when the majority of people wanted them together. It isn't the end or later seasons when they really started to throw the MSR into the episodes, but way back in the very beginning. It wasn't the Pilot that made me and makes me feel this way, it's episodes like "Irresistible" and "Red Musuem" and the Duane Barry storyline, then the Christmas Carol/Emily storyline, then I don't know, the whole sha-bang in "Demons". It's all the pre-season 6 stuff. Actually, it's pre-FTF, too, when I really think about it.

I'm the second Dark Side vote! devious I actually debated between "finis-shipper", "UST-er" and even "Just a shipper". Though I did and still do love watching their UST episodes, I've identified myself as a Scully-shipper so I figured the dark side option was closest to what I wanted. Plus it has a cool name.

If I must give a more developed answer, I can probably do so (and I am actually dying to because when I get started, I love to type out much shipper rhapsodizing!) I started the show as a Mulder/Scully shipper and really relished their flirty ways and their funny scenes. I even honest to goodness enjoyed their first kiss (No, not 'Millennium', though that was lovely. I mean 'Triangle'! Yes, it was an alternate reality WW2 era Scully and the lighting was craptastic but it was just so hot and spontaneous; and Mulder got punched afterwards! Go WW2 Scully! ) but then I had to facepalm at the lack of follow-up. And really, isn't that the story of MSR? Carter and his writing minions tease the audience with shippy moments and then they backpedal. Just like the alien plotline, they don't like to be straightforward with their will they/won't they (including the infamous 'all things' episode that had me screaming "Did they or didn't they?!?") Basically I started out all gung-ho and ready to ship them but then Mulder started treating Scully kinda lousy (I'll never forgive the Diana Fowley story arc for kick starting this) and I'll admit Scully wasn't the most understanding with Mulder at times and by the time season 8 came along, there was a new contender. His name was John Doggett and he made me all swoony. doggett hug

After the terrible treatment of M&S in the second movie, I've decided that I don't want them together in the future. That's how badly the movie has soured their once-amazing relationship to me. Despite Mulder leaving Scully high and dry (in one of the worst written-off explanations ever; I know Duchovny wanted to leave but come on, writers), I still had to smile at the ending of the series. I really liked how they mirrored the Pilot motel scene and damned if I didn't "aww" at the two cuddling though I still wanted to throttle Mulder for being obtuse and abandon-y and I wanted to throttle Scully for not realizing Doggett had feelings for her. Plus my heart kinda broke a bit for Doggett and how the writers pretty much handed him off to Reyes for love interest duty. The writers broke my heart in many ways during the finale. Anyway, as I said, even the series gave me mixed feelings about Mulder & Scully but my former MSR shipper heart reminded me of all the promo pics with Long!Haired Scully and Beardy!Mulder together and I thought that even though I grew to love Doggett and the torch he carried for Scully, I could still enjoy the new adventures that the original pair would get into in this movie... and then the writers made me sad in a different way. And mad. And I can accept this after months of self-reflection because I wanted to like the film so much and only, like, three scenes were salvageable to me.

Barring some magical, amazing, fantastically plotted post-IWTB fanfic that seriously explains Mulder's crappy behavior and obssession over a pedo priest and Scully's career blah-ness when she isn't flip-flopping on what she wants Mulder to do, my hopes for enjoying a normal, shippy MSR future are pretty much nil. And since I'm still at the stage where I don't even want to read fanfic lest I'm reminded of that second movie with the long stretches separating Mulder and Scully, I doubt I'll be swayed.

In conclusion, I used to ship MSR for end-game and beyond back in the early years (up to the first movie, FTF). I still do ship Mulder/Scully during the early years but I cannot picture them pleasantly in a post-IWTB future, all settled down and cozy. In fact, after the Doggett years and the second movie, I'd rather picture Scully with a nice, no-nonsense former cop who she has more in common with besides book-smarts and running away from the darkness.

Ugh. Even talking about the second movie is bringing back unpleasant memories. I started this post so happy too. You'd think it would fade or get less bad but it seems to be the opposite; especially when I connect it to ships. I can't believe I actually considered it decent upon my first viewing! thumbdown
avatar
Veiled Vesta
Quiet Willy

Posts : 30

http://cloakedhestia.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 03:56

Oh, do recommend the post-IWTBarf fics that you say are plotted well. I can tolerate MSR if it's done well.

Great answer to what kind of MSR fan you are smile I find it interesting that since IWTBarf that I've run into at least a small handful of MSR 'shippers who hated the relationship in the movie and much better prefer to 'ship them pre-IWTB. Heck, I'm a USTer, I love the UST of M&S in the early seasons. Heck, I would have loved to have seen them hook up, IMO, when the time was right (circa beginning of season 5, after Scully's cancer went into remission and the both of them faced their true feelings for each other since Scully almost died).

Anytime I've seen IWTB the movie ends and I feel like I've been dragged down into the dumps. It's such a depressing movie. I would prefer my last image of M&S be in bed together in "The Truth", at least their future seemed much more hopeful and optimistic than it did at the end of IWTB.

I love the description of the man you picture Scully ending up with, I see the same picture too!
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 21:13

I love that name IWTBarf. crackup crackup crackup
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by foundrygirl on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 22:25

I picked "Shipper" although I am not much of a shipper at all. But if they had a "moment" or something I would go "Awwwww." wub
avatar
foundrygirl
Meepmork

Posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by jsabat28 on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 00:31

I chose "Just a Shipper"...

Perhaps if I hadn't started watching season 8, I may have chosen "Finis Shipper". I tend to write DSR and MSR, primarily because the dynamic between the two is diffferent...but this isn't a DSR thread. so...
The UST in the first few seasons were the best, I thought, and the hallway scene... I don't know if Mulder would have continued on without Scully. (Hm...maybe that's a plot bunny for an AU fic...)
avatar
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Posts : 478

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cindersmommy on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 04:24

Please do!!!! cheer
avatar
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

Posts : 1490

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by AgentDana on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 14:45

Just'a Shipper -- Well,I'm a MSR shipper and I like them to be togheter as a couple but I don't want the show to be based on their relationship.I liked the show in the first six seasons,there were nice MSR moments like the motel room scene from "Pilot",the hug from the hospital hallway from "Memento Mori ".I also liked from season 7 The Sixth Extinction arc and the end of Amor Fati but after the Milenium kiss everything changed between them.Scully started to flirt more and this wasn't the way I ever thought about a new relationship between them.

I hate that The X-Files transformed in a romantic drama like happened at the end of season 7 (Requiem) and the rest of the series.The show started to base on Scullys depression after losing Mulder and her miracle pregnancy.Thanks God that Doggett came in vision because if there was only a prengnant and depressed Scully I think it was getting boring doggett hug .At first when I saw Doggett I was totally disliking him and I can say almost hated him for taking Mulder's place (anyway Mulder still my favorite ever mulder ) but with the time I started to like Doggett almost as much as Mulder.

I'm still watching the s9 of the show so maybe I'll change my Shippiness rate for MSR new here
avatar
AgentDana
Meepmork

Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 16:38

Oooh interesting. I am always fascinated by hearing what new fans say about how they feel about the developments in the show. Im glad you have a fresh approach to it and that the mellowdrama of the show was not your thing.

Let us know which eps you are watching and so far your fave eps. biggrin
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5815

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 00:35

AgentDana wrote:but after the Milenium kiss everything changed between them.Scully started to flirt more and this wasn't the way I ever thought about a new relationship between them.

I hate that The X-Files transformed in a romantic drama like happened at the end of season 7 (Requiem) and the rest of the series.The show started to base on Scullys depression after losing Mulder and her miracle pregnancy.

ITA It was (and still is) so hard to watch the last four seasons knowing how things turned out between M&S (I include season 6 because, for me, it is really the beginning of the end of the "classic" XF series - the OOC flirting began there). After you get done watching the 2nd XF movie, I will be very interested to read your take on the M&S relationship then, and your thoughts on whether or not the series properly represented itself. I'll try not to say anything to sway your viewing one way or the other LOL peace

Thanks God that Doggett came in vision because if there was only a prengnant and depressed Scully I think it was getting boring doggett hug .At first when I saw Doggett I was totally disliking him and I can say almost hated him for taking Mulder's place (anyway Mulder still my favorite ever mulder ) but with the time I started to like Doggett almost as much as Mulder.

If Doggett/Robert weren't on the show in season 8 I wouldn't have tuned in to see what happened after "Requiem". For me, Doggett is one of the only reasons to even sit down and watch season 8 (and his interaction with Scully, DSR is my pairing preference), and even though Doggett is in season 9, I find that season even more difficult to sit through (it's my least favorite season of the show).

Mulder used to be my favorite character, but then Doggett came and for me out-shined Mulder forever shy

I'm still watching the s9 of the show so maybe I'll change my Shippiness rate for MSR new here

I'm curious to read what you'll have to say about the 'shippiness rate for MSR after watching s9, I look forward to that post smile
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by AgentDana on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 04:16

gorgclaud wrote:Oooh interesting. I am always fascinated by hearing what new fans say about how they feel about the developments in the show. Im glad you have a fresh approach to it and that the mellowdrama of the show was not your thing.

Let us know which eps you are watching and so far your fave eps. biggrin

Actually my favorite episodes are Pilot;Existence;Essence;The Sixth Extinction 1&2 and This Is Not Happening
but I'm still watching s9 and I think I'll extract some more favorite episodes after I end it biggrin

I don't know if I really have a episode to dislike but I think in the list of dislikes is Leonard Betts and Space
avatar
AgentDana
Meepmork

Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by AgentDana on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 04:34

Dana Doggett wrote:
AgentDana wrote:but after the Milenium kiss everything changed between them.Scully started to flirt more and this wasn't the way I ever thought about a new relationship between them.

I hate that The X-Files transformed in a romantic drama like happened at the end of season 7 (Requiem) and the rest of the series.The show started to base on Scullys depression after losing Mulder and her miracle pregnancy.

ITA It was (and still is) so hard to watch the last four seasons knowing how things turned out between M&S (I include season 6 because, for me, it is really the beginning of the end of the "classic" XF series - the OOC flirting began there). After you get done watching the 2nd XF movie, I will be very interested to read your take on the M&S relationship then, and your thoughts on whether or not the series properly represented itself. I'll try not to say anything to sway your viewing one way or the other LOL peace

Thanks God that Doggett came in vision because if there was only a prengnant and depressed Scully I think it was getting boring doggett hug .At first when I saw Doggett I was totally disliking him and I can say almost hated him for taking Mulder's place (anyway Mulder still my favorite ever mulder ) but with the time I started to like Doggett almost as much as Mulder.

If Doggett/Robert weren't on the show in season 8 I wouldn't have tuned in to see what happened after "Requiem". For me, Doggett is one of the only reasons to even sit down and watch season 8 (and his interaction with Scully, DSR is my pairing preference), and even though Doggett is in season 9, I find that season even more difficult to sit through (it's my least favorite season of the show).

Mulder used to be my favorite character, but then Doggett came and for me out-shined Mulder forever shy

I'm still watching the s9 of the show so maybe I'll change my Shippiness rate for MSR new here

I'm curious to read what you'll have to say about the 'shippiness rate for MSR after watching s9, I look forward to that post smile

Yeah,you're right,in season 6 started the OOC filtring between Mulder and Scully.I liked the series in the original X-Files style,with no romatical involvment and no filtring or desperate scenes like "Milagro".In this episode Scully was totally OOC,she never before was the type of woman to cry in front of a man or to believe the words of a stranger like she did with Philip Padgett.And Mulder showed his jealousy in front of Padgett,I didn't like it. hb

Like I said in my previsious post,Doggett wasn't my favorite when I saw him for the first time but after a few episodes with his apearence I started to like him because he's a smart guy and takes care of Scully.In the way the partenership between Scully and Doggett was I can say that it turned again to the "old" X-Files style but there was the mistake about Mulder's abduction.And now, i love doggett in the same way like Mulder and Scully.

I just started season 9 and I like it.I'm currently watching "Nothing Important Happened Today II" and I find it a interesting episode.In fact I like Agent Monica Reyes in the same way like my other three favorite character(Scully,Doggett,Mulder) and I like that AD Skinner is present in every episode,he's one of my favorites too skinner I also like to see Scully with her baby,she plays a good mother and I think that Doggett will be there for her and the baby,not like Mulder did,run away.Because of what he did in s9 and left Scully with her child alone,I started to dislike him.He was a coward,he musted to fight to keep his family safe not to run. murder
avatar
AgentDana
Meepmork

Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:11

AgentDana wrote:Yeah,you're right,in season 6 started the OOC filtring between Mulder and Scully.I liked the series in the original X-Files style,with no romatical involvment and no filtring or desperate scenes like "Milagro".In this episode Scully was totally OOC,she never before was the type of woman to cry in front of a man or to believe the words of a stranger like she did with Philip Padgett.And Mulder showed his jealousy in front of Padgett,I didn't like it. hb

Oh gosh, yes! "Milagro" was horrible in terms of the writer(s) writing true to character. That's actually an episode on my "Never Watch That Again" list. For me "Milagro" is similar to "Irresistible" in this way, Scully weak and vulnerable - that's not the real Scully, that's Carter's fantasy of Scully to make her look weak to try to force the relationship between she and Mulder, IMO of course. However, "Irresistible" is an episode I would rewatch if given the choice to be forced to watch one or the other LOL

Like I said in my previsious post,Doggett wasn't my favorite when I saw him for the first time but after a few episodes with his apearence I started to like him because he's a smart guy and takes care of Scully.In the way the partenership between Scully and Doggett was I can say that it turned again to the "old" X-Files style but there was the mistake about Mulder's abduction.And now, i love doggett in the same way like Mulder and Scully.

I am attempting to stay on topic (LOL Haha! If you haven't noticed already we're notorious for going off topic on SoX - our rules are guidelines LOL), that being said... I want to ask you when you first started liking Doggett, but if you could answer that in this thread, I would appreciate it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I'm always curious to read when people first came to like/love Doggett when they didn't start out that way peace

I just started season 9 and I like it.I'm currently watching "Nothing Important Happened Today II" and I find it a interesting episode.In fact I like Agent Monica Reyes in the same way like my other three favorite character(Scully,Doggett,Mulder) and I like that AD Skinner is present in every episode,he's one of my favorites too skinner I also like to see Scully with her baby,she plays a good mother and I think that Doggett will be there for her and the baby,not like Mulder did,run away.Because of what he did in s9 and left Scully with her child alone,I started to dislike him.He was a coward,he musted to fight to keep his family safe not to run. murder

Oh, ok so you just now began season 9, got it! My favorite part about the NIHT episodes are 1) Doggett wakes up shirtless, 2) Cary Elwes joins the cast, 3) Mulder runs off without Scully and his son - IMO if Mulder really cared for and loved Scully as Chris Carter wants us to believe, Mulder never would have left Scully and William alone, he would have made them go with him so he could protect them (because, DUH! at the end of season 8 it was quite obvious that Scully and baby William had more of a threat of danger to them than Mulder did). Anyway... the whole Mulder/Scully/baby William thing of the last two seasons is stupid LOL
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by AgentDana on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 15:02

Dana Doggett wrote:
AgentDana wrote:Yeah,you're right,in season 6 started the OOC filtring between Mulder and Scully.I liked the series in the original X-Files style,with no romatical involvment and no filtring or desperate scenes like "Milagro".In this episode Scully was totally OOC,she never before was the type of woman to cry in front of a man or to believe the words of a stranger like she did with Philip Padgett.And Mulder showed his jealousy in front of Padgett,I didn't like it. hb

Oh gosh, yes! "Milagro" was horrible in terms of the writer(s) writing true to character. That's actually an episode on my "Never Watch That Again" list. For me "Milagro" is similar to "Irresistible" in this way, Scully weak and vulnerable - that's not the real Scully, that's Carter's fantasy of Scully to make her look weak to try to force the relationship between she and Mulder, IMO of course. However, "Irresistible" is an episode I would rewatch if given the choice to be forced to watch one or the other LOL

Like I said in my previsious post,Doggett wasn't my favorite when I saw him for the first time but after a few episodes with his apearence I started to like him because he's a smart guy and takes care of Scully.In the way the partenership between Scully and Doggett was I can say that it turned again to the "old" X-Files style but there was the mistake about Mulder's abduction.And now, i love doggett in the same way like Mulder and Scully.

I am attempting to stay on topic (LOL Haha! If you haven't noticed already we're notorious for going off topic on SoX - our rules are guidelines LOL), that being said... I want to ask you when you first started liking Doggett, but if you could answer that in this thread, I would appreciate it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I'm always curious to read when people first came to like/love Doggett when they didn't start out that way peace

I just started season 9 and I like it.I'm currently watching "Nothing Important Happened Today II" and I find it a interesting episode.In fact I like Agent Monica Reyes in the same way like my other three favorite character(Scully,Doggett,Mulder) and I like that AD Skinner is present in every episode,he's one of my favorites too skinner I also like to see Scully with her baby,she plays a good mother and I think that Doggett will be there for her and the baby,not like Mulder did,run away.Because of what he did in s9 and left Scully with her child alone,I started to dislike him.He was a coward,he musted to fight to keep his family safe not to run. murder

Oh, ok so you just now began season 9, got it! My favorite part about the NIHT episodes are 1) Doggett wakes up shirtless, 2) Cary Elwes joins the cast, 3) Mulder runs off without Scully and his son - IMO if Mulder really cared for and loved Scully as Chris Carter wants us to believe, Mulder never would have left Scully and William alone, he would have made them go with him so he could protect them (because, DUH! at the end of season 8 it was quite obvious that Scully and baby William had more of a threat of danger to them than Mulder did). Anyway... the whole Mulder/Scully/baby William thing of the last two seasons is stupid LOL

I totally agree with you,Cassie,it was so wrong writed episodes.In the same way like "Irresistible" was the return of the famous devil in human skin,Donnie Pfaster!Why did Chris Carter accepted to introduce the return of Pfaster in the show?Come on,it started to be extremly boring,I already knew when I first saw "Orison" that Scully will be attacked by the psychopate who kills the woman and cut the figers and she will become weak again."Orison" is another episode that is in my list of "Non-favorites".One weak Scully+one carring Mulder=a forced relationship between the characters.

Ups,I didn't see that topic.I'll write my reasons there,thanks for sending me the link and sorry for being out of topic.

The shirtless Doggett was the sexiest thing in the episode and it happened in NIHT 2,it was totally amazing to see him like that.Ugh,is Carie Elwes playing the role of Assistant Director Brad Follmer,right?I'm not a AD Follmer fan,he's treating Doggett not too nice and is a conrupt AD.When I saw yesturday NIHT 1 and I saw that Mulder was gone I started imediatley to lose some of my feelings toward him and to change them to Scully.He was a coward man,if he really loved Scully and William he'll never run away from them,but like we saw in "Three Words",he didn't enjoy too much Scully's pregnancy and I think he just decided to run away for not being around her or around the baby.I don't find it a very stupid idea the introduction of baby William,I can say I really enjoy it because I like to see Scully as a mother.
avatar
AgentDana
Meepmork

Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 16:23

AgentDana wrote:I totally agree with you,Cassie,it was so wrong writed episodes.In the same way like "Irresistible" was the return of the famous devil in human skin,Donnie Pfaster!Why did Chris Carter accepted to introduce the return of Pfaster in the show?Come on,it started to be extremly boring,I already knew when I first saw "Orison" that Scully will be attacked by the psychopate who kills the woman and cut the figers and she will become weak again."Orison" is another episode that is in my list of "Non-favorites".One weak Scully+one carring Mulder=a forced relationship between the characters.

I actually prefer "Orison" to "Irresistible" even though it is predictable - this is simply because Chris Carter did not write "Orison", I pretty much do not like *any* of his non-mytharc episodes on the show (exception: "How The Ghosts Stole Christmas", I do enjoy that one for the most part).

The one thing that bothers me about "Orison" is that Scully murdered Pfaster, and the XF series never showed her going through an OPR investigation into the killing. There were no repercussions to her actions at the end of "Orison". Now, I know TXF wasn't the best with continuity, but I'm a TV viewer that appreciates attention to continuity detail.

I also didn't like that the writers tended to write Scully weak and vulnerable around the time that they were "crafting" how to get Mulder and Scully together. Scully is not weak, she is strong and independent. The writers didn't have to write her more weak and vulnerable in order to sell the Mulder/Scully relationship to viewers - viewers were already convinced that the relationship was inevitable (some argued that it would ruin the series' focus, I was one of those fans). Scully did not have to be weak in order to show the audience that Mulder was caring and therefore they began a relationship. I really wish that their relationship had been written better because if it had been written more maturely and respectfully then it's plausible that I could enjoy and support their relationship, but as it is now, I do not. I still like the UST moments from the early seasons though smile I'm a MS/USTer wub

Ups,I didn't see that topic.I'll write my reasons there,thanks for sending me the link and sorry for being out of topic.

Don't worry about it - you'll find that we all tend to go off topic on this forum. But I do encourage staying on topic when possible (or getting back on topic as soon as possible). If a discussion treads too far from the thread's topic I encourage others to start a new topic and carry the discussion there smile

I look forward to seeing your reasons in the other thread smile

The shirtless Doggett was the sexiest thing in the episode and it happened in NIHT 2,it was totally amazing to see him like that.Ugh,is Carie Elwes playing the role of Assistant Director Brad Follmer,right?I'm not a AD Follmer fan,he's treating Doggett not too nice and is a conrupt AD.When I saw yesturday NIHT 1 and I saw that Mulder was gone I started imediatley to lose some of my feelings toward him and to change them to Scully.He was a coward man,if he really loved Scully and William he'll never run away from them,but like we saw in "Three Words",he didn't enjoy too much Scully's pregnancy and I think he just decided to run away for not being around her or around the baby.I don't find it a very stupid idea the introduction of baby William,I can say I really enjoy it because I like to see Scully as a mother.

Good gosh! OMGosh! Shirtless Doggett is one of the sexiest moments of the show! He's gorgeous!

I'm a Follmer fan, but not so much in the NIHT episodes. I fell in love with the character in "4-D" and "Release" in season 9 (the episodes Carter did not write). A lot of Doggett fans love "Release" for Doggett's story, but I love "Release" for the Follmer aspect of the story more.

I agree, I don't think that Mulder necessarily enjoyed the fact Scully was pregnant. A part of me thinks that he didn't really want her to become pregnant because then she would no longer be his partner on the X-Files, and another part of me thinks that Mulder just is not the kind of man who wants to settle down and have a child/family of his own, and Scully being pregnant (on top of their very, very new relationship which was interrupted by his abduction) made him uncomfortable. I think he was happy for her, but sad for what he would be losing once the child was born. Perhaps this is a reason why Mulder didn't bother to try to convince Scully to run off with him in season 9 (with their child), he didn't want to have that family situation in his life. This also makes sense as to why Mulder convinced Scully to run off with him at the end of season 9 (and I hope I haven't said too much, I don't want to spoil you so I'll stop).

I think being a mother suits Scully, but she needs a more stable life in order to find true happiness in motherhood (and her life in general). On one hand I'm happy that Scully got her wish and has a child, but on the other hand I wish that she had better life circumstances in order to enjoy her life. I always end up feeling sorry for her. I like her so much and wish that her character could find true happiness in life. I still wish that for her.
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by AgentDana on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 06:50

DanaDoggett wrote: I actually prefer "Orison" to "Irresistible" even though it is predictable - this is simply because Chris Carter did not write "Orison", I pretty much do not like *any* of his non-mytharc episodes on the show (exception: "How The Ghosts Stole Christmas", I do enjoy that one for the most part).

The one thing that bothers me about "Orison" is that Scully murdered Pfaster, and the XF series never showed her going through an OPR investigation into the killing. There were no repercussions to her actions at the end of "Orison". Now, I know TXF wasn't the best with continuity, but I'm a TV viewer that appreciates attention to continuity detail.

I also didn't like that the writers tended to write Scully weak and vulnerable around the time that they were "crafting" how to get Mulder and Scully together. Scully is not weak, she is strong and independent. The writers didn't have to write her more weak and vulnerable in order to sell the Mulder/Scully relationship to viewers - viewers were already convinced that the relationship was inevitable (some argued that it would ruin the series' focus, I was one of those fans). Scully did not have to be weak in order to show the audience that Mulder was caring and therefore they began a relationship. I really wish that their relationship had been written better because if it had been written more maturely and respectfully then it's plausible that I could enjoy and support their relationship, but as it is now, I do not. I still like the UST moments from the early seasons though I'm a MS/USTer

Scully is one of the strongest and independent female characters ever,she wasn't a weak person and in the moment when she felt weak she never showed her feelings.I don't see any reason why Scully musted to go into a investigation for killing Pfaster,this was self-defense and it dosen't need a investigation.

I enjoyed "How The Ghosts Stole The Christmas" too,it was a nice episode with a strange story (like all XF story lines) and a bit more funny for me.

DanaDoggett wrote:Good gosh! OMGosh! Shirtless Doggett is one of the sexiest moments of the show! He's gorgeous!

I'm a Follmer fan, but not so much in the NIHT episodes. I fell in love with the character in "4-D" and "Release" in season 9 (the episodes Carter did not write). A lot of Doggett fans love "Release" for Doggett's story, but I love "Release" for the Follmer aspect of the story more.

There musted to be more scenes with a shirtless Doggett,he wears to much clothings

Maybe I'll change my opinion about Follmer but now after I saw NIHT episodes it made me think that he was a conrupt man who didn't want to search and find the truth.Is there an episode about Doggett's life?I can't wait to see it!

DanaDoggett wrote:I agree, I don't think that Mulder necessarily enjoyed the fact Scully was pregnant. A part of me thinks that he didn't really want her to become pregnant because then she would no longer be his partner on the X-Files, and another part of me thinks that Mulder just is not the kind of man who wants to settle down and have a child/family of his own, and Scully being pregnant (on top of their very, very new relationship which was interrupted by his abduction) made him uncomfortable. I think he was happy for her, but sad for what he would be losing once the child was born. Perhaps this is a reason why Mulder didn't bother to try to convince Scully to run off with him in season 9 (with their child), he didn't want to have that family situation in his life. This also makes sense as to why Mulder convinced Scully to run off with him at the end of season 9 (and I hope I haven't said too much, I don't want to spoil you so I'll stop)

You're right,Mulder isn't a family man,his life were the X-Files but what I don't understand about his comportament is once he was fired from the FBI in "Vienen" why didn't he chose to spend his life like a normal man,especially when he knew that Scully's pregnant and they started their romantic relationship before his abduction.

You didn't say too much but is better to don't talk to much about the series finale because you make me too curious and maybe I'll hop the rest of the episodes and I don't want that.

DanaDoggett wrote: think being a mother suits Scully, but she needs a more stable life in order to find true happiness in motherhood (and her life in general). On one hand I'm happy that Scully got her wish and has a child, but on the other hand I wish that she had better life circumstances in order to enjoy her life. I always end up feeling sorry for her. I like her so much and wish that her character could find true happiness in life. I still wish that for her..

I agree,I always wanted Scully to be happy because she deserve that.She lost too much for the X-Files and now she deserve to be happy with her baby,even if Mulder isn't there to complete her.She's strong and will pass from this sadness.
avatar
AgentDana
Meepmork

Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Cassiopeia on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 14:44

AgentDana wrote:Scully is one of the strongest and independent female characters ever,she wasn't a weak person and in the moment when she felt weak she never showed her feelings.I don't see any reason why Scully musted to go into a investigation for killing Pfaster,this was self-defense and it dosen't need a investigation.

Actually because Mulder showed up, and was armed and the situation was under control - Scully was no longer in danger and therefore it was wrong of her to murder Pfaster, therefore an investigation would be required. I also think that anytime an agent shoots his/her weapon that OPR investigates.

There musted to be more scenes with a shirtless Doggett,he wears to much clothings

I think just about *everyone* on this forum will agree with that cheer

Maybe I'll change my opinion about Follmer but now after I saw NIHT episodes it made me think that he was a conrupt man who didn't want to search and find the truth.Is there an episode about Doggett's life?I can't wait to see it!

Follmer isn't a clean-cut character, he has his flaws (some major), but I adore him because of his soft spot/love for Reyes, and his major flaw. I wish he was in season 9 more, I love him.

You're right,Mulder isn't a family man,his life were the X-Files but what I don't understand about his comportament is once he was fired from the FBI in "Vienen" why didn't he chose to spend his life like a normal man,especially when he knew that Scully's pregnant and they started their romantic relationship before his abduction.

No kidding! Mulder gets fired from the FBI and still refuses to settle down and have the life that Scully has always expressed wanting to have (a normal life). Instead he runs away, lives in hiding, and continues his life's pursuit of chasing conspiracy theories, searching for aliens and the truth, and his endless desire to expose those responsible. I really, really wish that Scully could see that Mulder can never be the man who wants the same life as she does. The whole Mulder/Scully relationship is depressing to me, I just see them as so unhappy together. I prefer the days when they weren't together and they had all that UST that kept things happier between them.

You didn't say too much but is better to don't talk to much about the series finale because you make me too curious and maybe I'll hop the rest of the episodes and I don't want that.

Aahh! Good! I'm so used to just talking freely about TXF series with other fans because most of us here have already seen the entire series and both movies. Don't skip episodes, it's best to take the eps as they come smile

I agree,I always wanted Scully to be happy because she deserve that.She lost too much for the X-Files and now she deserve to be happy with her baby,even if Mulder isn't there to complete her.She's strong and will pass from this sadness.

Yes, Scully lost too much for the X-Files/Mulder's life quest, and she deserves to leave it all behind her and to be happy. She doesn't deserve to live the rest of her life with a man who can never put her first, and who will always put the next thing to "chase around" before her and their relationship.



This right there is one major reason why I 'ship Doggett/Scully - even in their FBI partnership, his concern for Scully was always a priority, and he never ditched her to chase after monsters and aliens. I can see Doggett living a normal life, and I can easily see him having this life with Scully.
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9689

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What kind of MSR fan are you?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum