Photo Comparisons to Prove DSR

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photo Comparisons to Prove DSR

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 18:14

- Dont say anything when posting.

- Just upload pics of Doggett and Scully in a scene together, in direct comparison to simular or the exact same situations or scenes of Mulder and Scully and / or Reyes and Doggett together. Ones that are weak, luke warm, boring, disrespectful, non-romantic, non passionate, nothing scenes between Mulder and Scully or Reyes and Doggett. biggrin

- Discussions on the pics are allowed, just dont use words about the pics in the original posts with the pics in.

Last edited by gorgclaud on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 18:34; edited 3 times in total
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Photo Comparisons to Prove DSR

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 18:26

gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 17:14

Pffft! crackup That's my favorite example! Here's my other favorite example!

Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:17

This is too much fun!

gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:17

These are great!

So carefully with carrying her...

And then he just kind of lifts her up and whatever.

Haha!
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:20

LOL Holy shit! I didn't even consider the bag carrying scenes! Or the last one you posted there of "Roadrunners" and a s9 episode that I don't recall! LOL Epic!

LOL I especially love how Mulder's looking away from her as if she isn't even there!
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:25

crackup This is great!
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 20:45

gorgclaud wrote:

WOW!! I love this!! I don't know if I should break it down seriously or be goofy...I feel like being goofy.

The First Set:

Doggett: Hey! Stop trying to check out my goods! If you want to later, that's fine, but not while I am in this rediculous hospital gown.

Scully: I wasn't trying to look! :sniggersniggersnigger: Ya, ok, I was.

Doggett: Busted!!

The Second Set:

Mulder: Um, hey Scully, I'm like undressing over here. I have a penis, you know. Does that interest you at all?

Scully: Mulder, STFU, I have a headache and your sex cake is stale, ok thxbai!!!

cloud9 tapdance banana iloveyou
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 20:56

gorgclaud wrote:This is too much fun!

He he he, ok...

First Set:

Scully: Hey, Mardy Sunflower Seeds, I'm like about to burst some baby and you're totally fine, why am I shleping your bags?

Mulder: Huh? Are you still here?

Second Set:

Scully: Well, I guess it's time to go home now, let me just grab my things...

Doggett: I don't think so. I got this.

Scully: What? Chivalry still exists? Is this an X-File?

Doggett: Nope. Supposed to be normal. I'd do it anyway, but seein' as how you're recovering from a hospital stay and you just gave me some arm love, of course I got your bags, babe. What kind of @hole wouldn't?

Scully: wub wub wub
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 21:11

Dana Doggett wrote:Pffft! crackup That's my favorite example! Here's my other favorite example!

I don't have a lol to make about this one but I would like to talk a minute about the body language here.

When he is holding Scully, his sholders are open and he is holding her head right over his heart. He pulls her into his space and craddles her lovingly.

When he is comforting Reyes, his shoulders are more squared and he doesn't bring her body nearly as close to him as he did with Scully. He is bending down to help her, but he doesn't bring her into his space like he does with Scully. He doesn't pick her up off the floor.

The absence of distance in the first pic and the presence of distance in the second pic says it all to me, along with the positioning of Doggett's shoulders. When he is comforting Reyes, he keeps his shoulder between them.

In other words, no make how I joke on April Fools Day it's clear that Doggett loves Scully, not Reyes, and these pics are proof of that. bigguns
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 21:17

Smeg, I forgot to talk about hand position in my last post..

Doggett holds Scully with his hands encompassing the furthest outskirts of her frame, wrapping her up and pulling him to her fully. The part of her that's furthest away from him he is sure to reach for and protect.

When he comforts Reyes his hand is merely resting on the outline of her frame.
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 15:25

sknight wrote:
WOW!! I love this!! I don't know if I should break it down seriously or be goofy...I feel like being goofy.

The First Set:

Doggett: Hey! Stop trying to check out my goods! If you want to later, that's fine, but not while I am in this rediculous hospital gown.

Scully: I wasn't trying to look! :sniggersniggersnigger: Ya, ok, I was.

Doggett: Busted!!

The Second Set:

Mulder: Um, hey Scully, I'm like undressing over here. I have a penis, you know. Does that interest you at all?

Scully: Mulder, STFU, I have a headache and your sex cake is stale, ok thxbai!!!

cloud9 tapdance banana iloveyou

MULDER : "I have a penis" crackup

STFU!! crackup
iloveyou especially goofy you!
your sex cake is stale! that is BRILLIANT!!

oh and Doggett - "if you want to later, thats fine" !! crackup

cheer banana

I think if ever I am down, I will just look at this post from you! biggrin
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 15:32

sknight wrote:

First Set:

Scully: Hey, Mardy Sunflower Seeds, I'm like about to burst some baby and you're totally fine, why am I shleping your bags?

Mulder: Huh? Are you still here?

crackup crackup crackup crackup crackup crackup crackup

Scully: Well, I guess it's time to go home now, let me just grab my things...

Doggett: I don't think so. wub I got this.

Scully: What? Chivalry still exists? Is this an X-File? biggrin

Doggett: Nope. Supposed to be normal. I'd do it anyway, but seein' as how you're recovering from a hospital stay and you just gave me some arm love, of course I got your bags, babe. What kind of @hole wouldn't?

iloveyou SARAH!
cheer cheer cheer cheer cheer cheer

crackup crackup
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 15:37

sknight wrote:
Dana Doggett wrote:Pffft! crackup That's my favorite example! Here's my other favorite example!

When he is holding Scully, his sholders are open and he is holding her head right over his heart. He pulls her into his space and craddles her lovingly.

When he is comforting Reyes, his shoulders are more squared and he doesn't bring her body nearly as close to him as he did with Scully. He is bending down to help her, but he doesn't bring her into his space like he does with Scully. He doesn't pick her up off the floor.

The absence of distance in the first pic and the presence of distance in the second pic says it all to me, along with the positioning of Doggett's shoulders. When he is comforting Reyes, he keeps his shoulder between them.

cloud9 OMG inlove cloud9

Its so damn true. As much as this thread is for fun, its also about PROOF in the PUDDING baby! If you love someone you hold them like he does Scully in Without. If you dont you do make a distance between yourself and the one needing to be held. Its so damn clear.

With the Reyes one is seems to be kneeling on the floor as he holds her up. Whereas the one with Scully he seems to be set on the floor, either on his backside or on knees comfortably enough to be able to sit with her for some time.

His shoulders are totally rounded to her, as if covering her, almost in a way to sheild her or stop the audience at the doorway from seeing her crying. In that time, he is the moment with her and no one else is involved at all.

In other words, no make how I joke on April Fools Day it's clear that Doggett loves Scully, not Reyes, and these pics are proof of that.

Seriously, this is FACT.

gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 15:49

sknight wrote:Smeg, I forgot to talk about hand position in my last post..

Doggett holds Scully with his hands encompassing the furthest outskirts of her frame, wrapping her up and pulling him to her fully. The part of her that's furthest away from him he is sure to reach for and protect.When he comforts Reyes his hand is merely resting on the outline of her frame.

yes indeed. Love how you put all this. glomp

'smeg' ? Are you a fan of Red Dwarf by any chance? biggrin

gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Wed 27 Apr 2011, 22:08

I am a Red Dwarf fan!! Everything British is awesome, especially you!
Did you know they are making a new Red Dwarf movie?

I don't know how to put up pics, but if you post more I will make more lols.

For some reason it's easier to have fun with the DSR/ to Mulder comparisons rather than the DSR to Reyes ones, probably because I don't harbor anger for Reyes like I do with Mulder, he really let me down as a character so it's real easy to rip on him, but I like Reyes.
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 28 Apr 2011, 03:34

sknight wrote:I am a Red Dwarf fan!! Everything British is awesome, especially you!
Did you know they are making a new Red Dwarf movie?

I didnt know this!! Wow. Cool!
Man i grew up watching Red Dwarf for years. Love it so much! I used to fancy Lister but then i was about 10 or something! I love all the characters!

I don't know how to put up pics, but if you post more I will make more lols.

I need to think of more comparisons dog run

For some reason it's easier to have fun with the DSR/ to Mulder comparisons rather than the DSR to Reyes ones, probably because I don't harbor anger for Reyes like I do with Mulder, he really let me down as a character so it's real easy to rip on him, but I like Reyes.

Yeah i dont hate Reyes, I used to really like her. I think its a prob of the online thing again, how they make me hate MSR more than i already did, because of how they talk gushy about it and its the same with DRR. So that leads me to getting annoyed with Reyes. Some fans of DRR are only fans to keep MSR safe because they feel threatened by DSR!

Perhaps, Sarah, 7 years on of being a DSR fan, you might feel the bitterness like i do!! LOL! Not that i want that, its just that 3 years on after becoming a DSR fan, (so circa 2004) I was a positive, nice person in regards to other characters and 'ship fans or ideas. smile

But yes, the reason its not fun with Reyes comparisons is cause I think the whole thing with Doggett and her is quite boring and its too obvious they are just buddy buddy co-workers type thing and nothing romantic at all. Whereas once upon a time, there were nice moments between Mulder and Scully...and I think Mulder loves her, so its great to compare this man to Doggett, who really REALLY loves her in a way that she has not been loved before! biggrin
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Thu 28 Apr 2011, 21:47

Yeah i dont hate Reyes, I used to really like her. I think its a prob of the online thing again, how they make me hate MSR more than i already did, because of how they talk gushy about it and its the same with DRR. So that leads me to getting annoyed with Reyes. Some fans of DRR are only fans to keep MSR safe because they feel threatened by DSR!

Perhaps, Sarah, 7 years on of being a DSR fan, you might feel the bitterness like i do!! LOL! Not that i want that, its just that 3 years on after becoming a DSR fan, (so circa 2004) I was a positive, nice person in regards to other characters and 'ship fans or ideas.

But yes, the reason its not fun with Reyes comparisons is cause I think the whole thing with Doggett and her is quite boring and its too obvious they are just buddy buddy co-workers type thing and nothing romantic at all. Whereas once upon a time, there were nice moments between Mulder and Scully...and I think Mulder loves her, so its great to compare this man to Doggett, who really REALLY loves her in a way that she has not been loved before!

I think the difference is timing...by the time I discovered the DSR, the controversy of it as well as the attention around the show had all but burned off. When I found it, I talked about it, and no one said I was crazy or weird or dumb. My sister is MSR so we just agree to disagree, at the end of the day, it's just a tv show.

But if my point is not clear, what I am trying to say is that it's easy for me to not be resentful toward the other characters because I never had to put up with flammer or disagreers. In three years I think I only had one minor complaint about the DSR in my stories, and it didn't bother me because it was clear that the reviewer didn't understand the intention of my work. Does that make sense? Agree, disagree?
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Sat 30 Apr 2011, 05:10

sknight wrote:

Perhaps, Sarah, 7 years on of being a DSR fan, you might feel the bitterness like i do!! LOL! Not that i want that, its just that 3 years on after becoming a DSR fan, (so circa 2004) I was a positive, nice person in regards to other characters and 'ship fans or ideas.

But yes, the reason its not fun with Reyes comparisons is cause I think the whole thing with Doggett and her is quite boring and its too obvious they are just buddy buddy co-workers type thing and nothing romantic at all. Whereas once upon a time, there were nice moments between Mulder and Scully...and I think Mulder loves her, so its great to compare this man to Doggett, who really REALLY loves her in a way that she has not been loved before!

I think the difference is timing...by the time I discovered the DSR, the controversy of it as well as the attention around the show had all but burned off. When I found it, I talked about it, and no one said I was crazy or weird or dumb. My sister is MSR so we just agree to disagree, at the end of the day, it's just a tv show.

But if my point is not clear, what I am trying to say is that it's easy for me to not be resentful toward the other characters because I never had to put up with flammer or disagreers. In three years I think I only had one minor complaint about the DSR in my stories, and it didn't bother me because it was clear that the reviewer didn't understand the intention of my work. Does that make sense? Agree, disagree?

I dunno, i know what you are saying for sure. I was a DSR fan when it was bit taboo. But then there was more support for it then cause i was the fan of DSR and DOggett when it was season 8. And Scully was alone and there was no Reyes.

Then after the years the show ended, Doggett seemed to be established with Reyes and after the last ep, it was Mulder and Scully and everyone was on Cloud 9 about that. So i come along and remind ppl that Doggett was a cool character and no one likes this. I naturally started doing vids on how he should be with Scully, even after what happened in the show with both of them, and after seeing Scully miserable in IWTB i made more vids and eveyrone was more upset about what i was trying to say.

These days I have to have very little interaction with most XF fans as poss. They have very conflicting opinions to me and can get nasty with me. I have had it in real life and online since the 2nd film and its not pretty. I used to talk and chat on a lot of sites but now i dont cause of the response i get. I have my fans, i get fan mail for my vids...but they always say to me they are too scared to tell ppl they like DSR and so thank me for being open with what i do!

It would seem the ones that love DRR and MSR really cannot stand the idea of DSR. There are a handful who like it all, thats great, but what i suggest with my vids and my chats is too much for them to accept. And it doesnt get any better over the years.As i have explained i think it has gotten worse. The more the years pass after the XFiles finished the more fans have a disillusional point of view of the whole show.

Im really glad you have not had to endure what i have had to - or even what i know Cassie has to. I think it is about time and it is about where you talk about these things. I just wanted to chat and didnt think i was being disrespectful. But others thought I was being rude by liking Doggett and wanting him to be with Scully.

Like you said, its a damn TV show, which is why I dont understand why everyone takes what i say so seriously. They act like i am saying their parents should divorce or something! I just like the drama and the idea of Doggett being in love with someone he shouldnt and the idea of Scully longing for a man she cant be with. Its sexy, its fun! But deep down, when you look at the show, it just makes sense that they suit eachother better. But i would never be horrible to ppl who think otherwise. But others love to be horrible to me for what I prefer.
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Sat 30 Apr 2011, 19:20

I dunno, i know what you are saying for sure. I was a DSR fan when it was bit taboo. But then there was more support for it then cause i was the fan of DSR and DOggett when it was season 8. And Scully was alone and there was no Reyes.

Then after the years the show ended, Doggett seemed to be established with Reyes and after the last ep, it was Mulder and Scully and everyone was on Cloud 9 about that. So i come along and remind ppl that Doggett was a cool character and no one likes this. I naturally started doing vids on how he should be with Scully, even after what happened in the show with both of them, and after seeing Scully miserable in IWTB i made more vids and eveyrone was more upset about what i was trying to say.

These days I have to have very little interaction with most XF fans as poss. They have very conflicting opinions to me and can get nasty with me. I have had it in real life and online since the 2nd film and its not pretty. I used to talk and chat on a lot of sites but now i dont cause of the response i get. I have my fans, i get fan mail for my vids...but they always say to me they are too scared to tell ppl they like DSR and so thank me for being open with what i do!

It would seem the ones that love DRR and MSR really cannot stand the idea of DSR. There are a handful who like it all, thats great, but what i suggest with my vids and my chats is too much for them to accept. And it doesnt get any better over the years.As i have explained i think it has gotten worse. The more the years pass after the XFiles finished the more fans have a disillusional point of view of the whole show.

Im really glad you have not had to endure what i have had to - or even what i know Cassie has to. I think it is about time and it is about where you talk about these things. I just wanted to chat and didnt think i was being disrespectful. But others thought I was being rude by liking Doggett and wanting him to be with Scully.

Like you said, its a damn TV show, which is why I dont understand why everyone takes what i say so seriously. They act like i am saying their parents should divorce or something! I just like the drama and the idea of Doggett being in love with someone he shouldnt and the idea of Scully longing for a man she cant be with. Its sexy, its fun! But deep down, when you look at the show, it just makes sense that they suit eachother better. But i would never be horrible to ppl who think otherwise. But others love to be horrible to me for what I prefer.

Should we start a thread for the taboo of DSR??

Seriously though, I am sorry you have had to put up with snarky people who don't have anything better to do than go around the internet and be nasty. console

It's not like we are going on MSR sites and flaming them so I don't know what gives. I have never looked up MSR vids just to trash them, what's the point? They have their opinion and I have mine. I have no desire or need to argue with them, I sail blissfully on the USS DSR the Mulderites can't bother me, nah nah!! cloud9

Mulder DOES make Scully miserable, and Doggett only wants her to be happy. Some people just can't handle the truth.

Maybe the difference is that I don't really bother with other XF websites because I know it will most likely be a hostile environment for me. Maybe the difference is that Youtube gets more hits than fanfiction.net. I always put a warning on it too, if you don't like DSR than don't read!!! But hey, if it attracts contovery, it's gotta be good! I think it makes them mad because a little part of them knows it's right.

The truth of the matter is so clear to me that I am a little amazed that we are the minority, but hey, that's more sex cake for us. peace big hug
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Sun 01 May 2011, 05:32

I think you are really right that the reason they all get so upset is cause we are pointing out some really hard truths and it must upset them cause it looks so obvious that Scully is miserable with Mulder and he is so selfish with her most of the time.

I have always titled my vids with the ship - like DSR and stuff and some ppl watch them and moan and so i say to them if they dont like DSR and its clearly titled DSR then why watch it?! I would never watch MSR vids or DRR vids and moan about them. If ppl like that thats fine. But its amazing how many love to trash on my work all the time. But usually i leave their comments there cause it just shows how stupid they sound.

For me, when i was talking about Doggett it was on Xfiles sites or groups and seeing as he was very much a part of the Files, I thought it was ok. But how i was wrong. It was as if mentioning him wasnt allowed now. But the more ppl stop me the more I want to show them how much he is loved.

Now, like you, I just avoid the mainstream sites of XF for these reasons.There just aint any point in talking to idiots. You will always get an idiotic response. Its been many years learning this though. If this site wasnt here, I wouldnt do anything but my vids and thats it. THIS SITE MAKES ME SO HAPPY! hug

For me, I went online for the 1st time in 2001 and Doggett was really loved then. Then I didnt go online for about 6 years and the online opinion on Doggett had changed or faded or just ignored or his supporters just moved on and all that was left online when it came to XF was Mulder and Scully love and NOTHING else.

DSR Taboo thread? Sounds good!! cheer
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 02 May 2011, 13:10

gorgclaud wrote:I think it is about time and it is about where you talk about these things. I just wanted to chat and didnt think i was being disrespectful. But others thought I was being rude by liking Doggett and wanting him to be with Scully.

So true. When some "fans" perceive you as being rude and disrespectful simply for liking a character and a relationship that's when you've got to leave that place and hopefully find a place where your preferences are accepted, and you are not just tolerated (which "tolerated", to me, means that they really don't want you there, but in order to make their forum look like they want and accept all fans of TXF they will tolerate you being among them and then try to put you down if your opinions don't fit in their narrow vision of the series and its characters, plot, and relationships). I'm done with taking part on forums where I'm only tolerated, I'd much rather be among friends, not people who will just put up with me when they'd rather I not be around at all.

I think ppl take it so seriously because TXF is all that defines their life. TXF is all they want to enjoy in entertainment, and they are narrow-minded enough to think that TXF is the beginning and end of their enjoyment of entertainment. The relationship of Mulder and Scully defines them, therefore when a fan doesn't like the MSR, they take it as a personal insult/threat (insult if you just don't like the MSR, a threat if you enjoy a pairing that pairs up Mulder and Scully with other characters). I seriously think many XF fans nowadays have some kind of psychological issue that I just will never understand.

Anyway... are there any other pictures to compare? I don't want the topic to stray too far off topic, we do have a section on the forum where we can discuss issues within the fandom wink
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 02 May 2011, 13:13

Oh and for a refreshing view of opinions, check out the Noromo section on SoX: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Especially the Noromo Comments section. You won't feel so alone (even though those fans - as far as I know - are long gone in the XF fandom):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 02 May 2011, 15:05

Yes, it went off topic didnt it.

I need more comparisons pics. Any ideas?
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by sknight on Mon 02 May 2011, 20:02

Maybe the scene from Invoation where Doggett runs to get a head of Scully matched with some pic where Mulder lets her go first? Sorry, don't have an ep in mind for part 2....

Did I mention I am oj now? banana
sknight
Detective John Kresge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top