Analysis of FRR scenes in NIHT1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Analysis of FRR scenes in NIHT1

Post by Dana Doggett on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

One of my favorite things to ponder about the Follmer/Reyes relationship in season 9 is how exactly Brad knew Monica was in town and staying at this hotel? He didn't call her cell phone, he was able to call the room she was staying in.

Did she and Brad hook up, and he left before she woke up, and then called her and got her to play along with the "story" that he's surprised she's back in town?

REYES: Hello?

FOLLMER: Monica, it's me. Did I wake you?

REYES: Brad? Um, n-no. No, I'm awake.

FOLLMER: You're in town.

REYES: Yeah, I-I came in on short notice.

FOLLMER: Listen, if you're coming to the Hoover building can you stop by my
office on your way in?

REYES: Yeah. Sure. I can do that.

FOLLMER: Good. Looking forward to it.

See how she seems confused as to why he's acting as if he didn't know she's in town. It's because she had spent the night with him :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then later when she shows up outside his office, and he invites her in, he wants to take off where they left off last night...?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then he's all surprised that she doesn't want to fall back into how they conducted themselves at work when they were both up in NYC...

REYES: We're at work.

FOLLMER: You used to ask me to close the door at work back in New York.

REYES: Is that all you called me here for Assistant Director?

FOLLMER: I probably shouldn't tell you how hot you look, either 'cause you do.
How long has it been? T-two years?

REYES: Yeah.

FOLLMER: Yeah.

I think this strongly suggests that Monica wants to work things out with him, but doesn't want the relationship to be what it was a couple years back in New York. She wants a more mature and responsible relationship with him.

And then we find out that Monica was the one to ask him out on a date!

FOLLMER: Hi. I hope it wasn't presumptuous of me. I ordered you a martini.

REYES: No, the presumption's all mine. Anyway, I called and asked you out,
didn't I?

FOLLMER: You, uh, actually had me confused a little this morning in my office.
I had this crazy notion that, uh, you were avoiding me.

REYES: Maybe I was trying to avoid myself. And those tapes you pulled out of
your desk drawer weren't exactly Pamela and Tommy Lee, now, were they?

(Chuckles)

FOLLMER: And I'd heard that, uh, that you and John Doggett were tight.

REYES: You make it sound like I go home from work with post-its on my ass.
It's nothing like that.

And to top it all off she tells us that she and Doggett aren't what Brad was afraid of... "tight", meaning her feelings for Doggett aren't anything that would threaten she and Brad from being together!

FOLLMER: What are you talking about? The way I heard it, you're with the X-
Files.

REYES: This investigation drops they're going to drop the X-Files right along
with it. You know me where my interest lie. This was my dream assignment. Not
to mention how excited I was to be up here in D.C.

If you watch the scene her vocal tone when she tells him she's excited to be up in D.C. almost seems to suggest that she is excited to be there so close to him again. I don't think that she ever stopped loving him, and that she regretted leaving him (and New York) without an explanation. I think she's happy to have this second chance with him.

- Ekatarina Gordeeva

Dana Doggett
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Analysis of FRR scenes in NIHT1

Post by Little Albatross on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:05 am

Plus she had unbuttoned some of her buttons on her shirt when she met him for drinks. Maybe she was wanting a quickie. LOL

Good analysis!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ille qui nos omnes servabit
Feel the Force around you...
4 8 15 16 23 42

Little Albatross
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Doggett on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 am

Really? She unbuttoned some buttons? Was she hoping for a second night straight with Brad? Awesome! Go Monica!

- Ekatarina Gordeeva

Dana Doggett
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Albatross on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:59 am

Probably. LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ille qui nos omnes servabit
Feel the Force around you...
4 8 15 16 23 42

Little Albatross
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 am

Little Albatross wrote:Plus she had unbuttoned some of her buttons on her shirt when she met him for drinks. Maybe she was wanting a quickie. LOL

Good analysis!

Hm...somehow I'd never thought of it that way. Interesting....

jsabat28
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum