Dog Person vs. Cat Person

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dog Person vs. Cat Person

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 19 Apr 2010, 03:44

Some fans seem to be of the view that during season 9 Doggett started to have feelings for Reyes, this is my thoughts on that, metaphorically speaking, based on the dog person vs. cat person discussion Doggett and Reyes had at the beginning of the episode "Audrey Pauley"...

I think the only episode where he considered Reyes was "Audrey Pauley", but even then he had two opportunities to do something about it and did not. I think that says a lot. I think that he considered Reyes and maybe even being with her, but then his character couldn't lie to himself and couldn't lie to Reyes and give her something that wasn't real so he did nothing to suggest to her that he reciprocated her feelings. And while I was sick the other week I got to thinking about their dog vs. cat conversation in the car at the beginning of that episode and perhaps it was a metaphor for Scully and Reyes and his feelings about each woman...

Scully - dog
Reyes - cat

Doggett says that he wants a cat, but Monica tells him that anyone that knows him knows that he's a dog person. He states that dogs are too high maintenance and cats are not. Looking at this as if the dog is a metaphor for Scully and the cat is a metaphor for Reyes, he sees Reyes as the easier woman to be with: she's interested in him, she's single, being with her wouldn't be so complicated. Scully, in his eyes, would carry a lot more baggage, IE: be more high maintenance to be with: she's involved with another who isn't around anymore and left her alone with a child to raise, any relationship he could have with Scully would be a lot of work, not as easy as just settling for the woman who is second best in his mind. In "Audrey Pauley" he does give Reyes a look when she says that he's a dog person, a look that suggests to me that he knows Reyes is right, but sometimes taking the easier choice (Reyes) would make life more simple than going and getting what you really want (Scully
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dog Person vs. Cat Person

Post by Pixie468 on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 11:45

The choice of the "cat" (Reyes) is the much easier, typical choice. I say this considering his heartbreak with his divorce and death of his son. If he wanted to start a romantic relationship again, Reyes is the readily available one in the group. But the attraction to the "dog" (Scully) is very tempting. What would it be like for him to be with someone who is more exciting, more of a challenge to win over? He would have a very strong fight ahead of him for Scully from Mulder. He's up for it, but not sure if he's willing to risk getting hurt by a rejection from Scully. But, is he is willing to settle for a relationship with Reyes?
Pixie468
RIP, Sweetie - 1981 - 2012

http://www.facebook.com/kaltermatt

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 12:04

Totally agree with all of this metaphor talk.

He says in this scene "I was THINKING about getting a cat" and says it like a child and says he was just thinking about it. I think this is him thinking that he has no chance with Scully and was thinking of the altenative. His thought is fleeting and imature for him though, not knowing deep down this idea doesnt suit him at all.

Remember dogs are a mans best friend. If Scully is the dog to him, he would view her as a companion, someone who he would protect, go out with a lot, the dog would also protect him. The cat would just sit on his sofa and want to be fed. This is Reyes, she would be really boring with him , he wouldnt have to do much but stroke her hair and put some food out for her to be happy but thats not passionate enough for a man like Doggett. And as i have said before Scully really craves attention....Scully is slightly high maintenance in the way she wants a lot of attention.

And remember he was only considering the cat cause he knows that he couldnt let down a cat. He is so damn scared of letting Scully down so much and he knows Reyes is a laid back person and wouldnt feel let down by him. She lacks so much passion. But Scully is fiesty and womanly and speaks her mind, really stands up for herself and with Doggett this sometimes upsets him or scares him. Each time she has done this to him, he withers and is left silent. Per Manum, Within, DeadAlive, Alone.
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixie468 on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 16:01

Wow! Great reply. I am in total agreement.
Pixie468
RIP, Sweetie - 1981 - 2012

http://www.facebook.com/kaltermatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 17:11

gorgclaud wrote:This is Reyes, she would be really boring with him , he wouldnt have to do much but stroke her hair and put some food out for her to be happy but thats not passionate enough for a man like Doggett. And as i have said before Scully really craves attention....Scully is slightly high maintenance in the way she wants a lot of attention.

LOL I nearly snortGiggled when I read "he wouldn't have to do much but stroke her hair" because... *G* crackup he did stroke her hair just like a cat in one s9 episode (I forget which right now). I always felt that was a very awkward moment between them, very, very OOC for Doggett to do that to anyone IMO
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:14

LOLOLOL! Yes, cat talk and stroking talk is on the fine line of sounding so wrong!

I think the ep you mean is possibly Improbable or Scary Monsters. Unsure. Actually not sure at all now i am typing this. Oh well, obviously wasnt that memorable!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 18 Apr 2011, 18:19

LOL Yeah, not memorable at all. If you remember which one it is, let me know the ep, I'd like to skip it, I do recall that I despised that episode. I just can't remember the episode name at all! Doh!
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsofacto144 on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 18:11

I want to go off a little on gorgclaud's mention of "man's best friend" and also take into consideration the reversal of who would metaphorically be the dog and the cat.

First, my opinions on that conversation between them... Reyes was being so pushy about the dog-person deal. And I actually felt like he's a cat-person, not just because he said so himself, not because of his or Reyes' reasoning about cats and letting people down, and not because I just want to disagree with Reyes. For one thing, I kind of agree with Doggett's reasoning about him being a cat-person - cats are low-maintenance, and don't need to be tended to as much as dogs. Doggett seems the type that, despite my belief that he would be a very constant companion in a relationship, appreciates low-maintenance relationships that don't require a lot of a drama, stress or complication involved in it. As for having an actual pet cat, I see that happening moreso than a dog because cats are calmer, loving [as are dogs, but I have some of the neediest, loving cats lol, so I'm using these rascally cats of mine to help compare], not in-your-face with their affection but make it obvious that they love you and also that they own you, not vice versa. Lmao. This sounds a bit like Doggett to me - very calm and cool, definitely caring and loving (any scene involving Luke is proof of that). But he's also very quiet and subtle about his romantic feelings, as no definitive proof of his love for Scully wasn't presented until it was drawn out of him in Daemonicus (but I think there was proof enough of his love early on and we 'shippers know it~ x3), he was just showing the faintest displays of affection for Scully. Wasn't pushy about his feelings and could go on being independent in his life. But I believe that if he were given a chance [by the writers...? I don't even think Mulder would be a roadblock for Doggett forever >x)] he would eventually have made it clear to Scully how much he cared for her. I imagine he'd also be possessive, in a gentlemanly way, of a woman he loved - not wanting to lose someone he strived to be with and willing to make this clear to others. *shrug* A LOT of guessing about his character here, lol.

Anyway. Putting that aside, I believe, from another point of view, Scully is the cat and Reyes is the dog. Reyes is already being a dog in her giddy way of pushing him to see how much of a dog-person he is, and being so adamant of convincing him what a great person he is - she's so energetic and pushy, like dogs are with their affection. And naturally, being [and knowing] that she is the dog in this metaphor, she'd push the dog-person thing on him in hopes of winning him over. Reyes also seems very energetic in general, as well as incredibly upbeat, happy most of the time with everyone, always seeking out the company of others, whether for their comfort or for dual comfort. Those feel like dog qualities to me. Scully would be a cat because she's independent, gentle, very calm, can be affectionate and in need of returned affection but for the most part can do without and live her life just fine without a man by her side.

If we put these metaphors all into context of that conversation, then Doggett's line about why he'd have a cat can make it sound like he's just settling for Scully. But it sounds like he'd rather have the company of someone who didn't require so much energy and constant attention in order for affection to be shared between them. He wouldn't want to deal with a dog, let them down after failing to deliver all the constant attention and companionship. Scully wouldn't need constant attention from Doggett for their relationship to work, IMO. She fell in love with Mulder and half the time he was looking at alien-related materials and photos instead of her, the wonderful person right there, lol! He showed her affection as their bond grew, but it was sporadic and like with cats, when they need it most or when they just...need it. As much as Doggett was there for Scully, he'd have no problem fulfilling her needs of companionship in a relationship, I believe. But Reyes would be a handful. She's such a people-person, I feel like without the energy of those around her she would lose energy herself. She is quick and eager to make friends - I was so shocked at how fast Reyes was becoming friends with Scully! - and adamant about thoroughly tending to her relationships. She seems to offer up the right amount of attention to both Scully and Doggett, two important people in her life whom she seems to feel compelled to care for. Doggett focused his attention on Scully for the most part, and doesn't distribute his affections towards people as equally as Reyes does [Aubrey Pauley (and probably onward =T) = he's absorbed with Reyes' well-being. Much of season 8 = Scully gains his attention and care]. He wouldn't be able to manage a relationship with Reyes, I think, because she would just be too needy.

*shrug* So I feel it's the other way around about who's the dog, who's the cat, and what John says about his capability of taking care of others. He's wrong like Reyes says, but if you think about it, it also sounds like he's saying he's suited for Scully [if we liken Scully to a cat]. And I just know Reyes would be too much for him, hard to keep pleased because of her emotional need to be around people so constantly. Doggett=cat person/Scully person because that's just who he's interested in, and because Scully is more like a cat, and because being a dog person would mean that he can handle Reyes' crazy amount and distribution of love for others, and I don't think that's true at all.
ipsofacto144
Quiet Willy

http://fountainofrandomness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 20:29

Scully being a cat makes more sense to me.......
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:16

Oooh, great comparison from someone who has cats (I don't, I've only ever watched over a friend's cats before). I think your analysis makes more sense with Scully as the cat and Reyes as the dog - totally makes more sense this way. Reyes is more sociable and needy for constant attention and needing to have her way, Scully is content with not always needing to be around someone to be content, she gets love and attention when she needs it most and that is satisfying enough for her. Good analysis smile
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsofacto144 on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 17:06

Thanks! Yeah, I would definitely attribute "cat" to Scully and "dog" to Reyes, there's really no question, for me, about that and no other option. Lol having cats probably helped me make this decision, yes xD Writing that analysis felt like using 'observations' of my pets half the time. xD But I guess that means that I feel like Scully is a cat, spot-on.

But yeah, Scully is definitely the "I'll take some affection when I want/need it, thanks" 'cat', and Reyes is emotionally needy, it seems. Having her way, as you said, is also another thing... She does seem to be more insistent about her opinions, having a case go in the direction she thinks it should or having others consider her theories [even without proper backup. "Improbable", lol], and having her way with relationships. She didn't necessarily force DRR [who really did? >.>] but she was pushing Doggett and her relationship with him to go a certain way, a way that would make them closer. Scully was insistent and tried to get people to see things the way she did but she didn't make it as much of a mission, and she often just sighed and backed down when Mulder or whoever else was posing some idea was just making it impossible, lol... Things didn't need to be happening exactly the way she wanted them to. I think working with Mulder and learning that things stopped going her as frequently and as fully as she wanted them to be, a long time ago...

Anyway, definitely right on target with the attributes. :) Content vs. needy, indeed.
ipsofacto144
Quiet Willy

http://fountainofrandomness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sat 24 Dec 2011, 20:05

One of the things I love about Scully the most would definitely be her independence...one reason why her being a cat is fitting....
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 28 Dec 2011, 19:13

Well, I need to say I am not saying this just cause I happen to love everything Ipsofacto says right now nor that I tend to always agree with Dana Doggett, NOR that I just love DSR being the right answer over DRR but i actually totally agree with your theory Ipsofacto!!!!

I was so ready to not like your theory of Scully being the cat after my initial analysis but OMG, after reading the whole of your post and your explanation, Ipsofacto, you are so DAMN RIGHT!

I have never had a cat or a dog so this might factor in my impressions on the comparisons I made. Though, personally I just tend to see Doggett as a dog person cause I feel a man like Doggett would be with a dog cause it seems more manly and a man with a cat is like a wuss of a man, to oweak and feminine (not saying women are weak, you know what I mean)....I just see him walking a dog in jeans and a T shirt and cant see him putting out cat food in a bowel...it just doesnt seem Doggett-y to me ...

BUT I do think cause of what you said about Reyes happy and enthusiastic personality and Scully's independent way of being that Scully is like a cat and Reyes is like a dog...and that Doggett would be a stress free kinda man in a relationship and as much as he would be very loyal and loving, he probably wouldnt want the woman to be all over him. And the way he let Scully be herself when he was her partner suggests to me he would like her independence if they were lovers...and the way he reacted to Reyes's overly enthusiastic theories and chats, suggests that if she was his lover, he would get irritated by her enthusiasm and want for walking and praise. And he is a quiet and cool, calm sort of man, so I totally see how a cat would be more suited to him.

This is so interesting. Well done Ipsofacto! bravo
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrybeary09 on Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:30

I love Monica so I think I see the scene a lot differently than you guys do. I'd like to discuss it more openly but I don't want to offend anyone. I love Monica and John together. Dana ends up with Mulder in the end. I'm not that crazy about him for Dana though. He wasn't always very good to her. I agree with that.
Cherrybeary09
No Arm, No Test

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:08

What are your opinions on the whole cat and dog person theories? smile
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:12

Cherrybeary09 wrote:I love Monica so I think I see the scene a lot differently than you guys do. I'd like to discuss it more openly but I don't want to offend anyone. I love Monica and John together. Dana ends up with Mulder in the end. I'm not that crazy about him for Dana though. He wasn't always very good to her. I agree with that.

Most of us won't get offended here if your opinion differs from others. I'm curious what you like about JOhn and Monica..
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrybeary09 on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:33

Thanks for asking, GC., well, other than they are extremely gorgeous people, caring, kind, compassionate people? The fact that they are both my fave actor and actress at the moment. I love the way they interact and flirt together. I personally don't see it with him and Dana at all just as friends (I highly respect others opinions). All are valid. I love the way John looks after Monica, cares about what happens to her. I know that could just be friends but he almost kissed her in the car. It just wasn't the right time then. Also, in the hospital when he was leaned over and so upset she might die. Again that can be a concerned friend. I think they really cemented their future relationship in the one with Lukesh ( I forgot the title of this ep). I better do some re watching. They were really hot together in that ep. Then in Audrey Pauley then in Sunshine Days and Release. Friends do not hold hands and smile at each other as they did. Then continue with their compassion for each other in Release to driving off into the sunset in the Truth. I adore the chemistry between them.
Cherrybeary09
No Arm, No Test

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 07:57

The title of the ep with Lukish was 4-D smile

I think its great you like their relationship. I remember when I 1st saw it I was just so glad Doggett had a nice lady whom loved him. So I did really like their relationship. He deserved some female attention. But I never got hot under the collar watching them. It seemed very comfortable and as i knew the show was finishing, like I said, I was glad Doggett had someone when it was clear nothing was gonna happen with Scully at that point in the show. So I had to give up on my OTP (One True Pairing). But on rewatching I dont see the chemistry and unfortunatly see it only as a plot device and see it as way too clinical, in order to steer away from the established season 8 DSR UST and please the MSR Shippers whom obviously had been complaining about said UST in season 8 between Doggett and Scully. Even if you dont see Scully and Doggett as lovers or anything like that, it was written to have UST and it was considered for their characters.

I can see the idea of Doggett and Reyes, they are friends, they have known each other for some time, one is female one is male, they get along fine and there are some moments when they are cute together. But I dont know of moments when they are hot. I know it doesnt all have to hot, but you gotta have some hot. But thats just me! biggrin

I also see Monica as being slightly too young for him, not so much in age but in personality. Does that make sense? blink

I think the whole Audrey Pauley theory of cat and dog is very interesting...I think the whole conversation says a lot about them both and its fascinating to hear of everyones ideas about it.

And I think its worth remembering he never kissed her in that ep but imagined if he did. The thing is, even if he did get with her, even if he had to read in the script that he says "I love you" to Monica, I still wouldnt buy it as a viewer and I still wouldnt see their chemistry. The same with Mulder and Scully. I could almost puke when they get moshy together! I dont think they suit each other at all. I see Reyes and Doggett more as buddy buddy partners cause Monica has a very testosterone side to her and he always came across as being more testosterone with her rather than sexually attracted to her. Like, they didnt seem on fire like when he was with Scully. But of course thats just how I saw it. peace But then I always seem to steer towards the unconventional couple on TV and film! Like, say if I was to watch The Wedding Planner (awful film but hey, its all I can think of right now as an example) I like J Los character with this Italian dude and not the man she ends up with whom is played by Matthew McConaughey...

Cherrybeary, if you had to choose, which of Monica and Dana do you think is the cat and the dog?

gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrybeary09 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 19:55

I see Monica as the dog just because that is the animal she prefers for John. She doesn't seem to like cats at all. I see Dana as a cat. I see her as a sphinx or cougar or a siamese cat. She's a cat with some sleekiness about her. I could see Monica as the black labradoodle. John would be a Great Dane or a Doberman, strong and powerful. I watched the Wedding Planner, it is an awful movie. Matthew McConaughey's character is kind of a wimp so I don't like him either.
Cherrybeary09
No Arm, No Test

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrybeary09 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 19:56

Thanks Claud,
ya hours later I remembered the title of the Lukesh ep. It was bugging me all night. I actually think that Monica and John are very hot together. Umm my fantasies tell me so. lol I think they are especially hot together in 4D in the hospital scene.
Cherrybeary09
No Arm, No Test

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 22:38

OK, I have been reading this thread and thinking about all of the perspectives.... and as someone who grew up with dogs but is now the parent of 17 cats, it's time for me to stop lurking and jump in. I get to experience a wide range of cat behaviors, since I essentially live within a large "pride" or colony of cats, so much of what I will share is based on my personal experiences. Please feel free to agree or disagree.... I will NOT be offended. I think this whole discussion is quite fascinating and fun, so differing views are interesting and part of a positive discourse. smile

First of all, I want to say that I think everyone's perspectives are both valuable AND interesting to read --- as both a pet-person and someone who incorporates a lot of psychology into my work, I find it very interesting to see how people integrate the characteristics of different animals into their perspectives on human behavior.

When I first saw this episode, I thought: "Oh, Doggett is absolutely a dog person!", for the very qualities that Reyes points out to him. I, too, saw Reyes as the "dog" figure and Scully as the "cat" figure. Their personalities, their behaviors.... that's just how it lined up for me. Now? I can see both dog AND cat in Doggett. (I also didn't have nearly as much experience with cats 12 years ago, so time has altered my perspective.)

I really, really appreciate ipsofacto144's assessment of this episode and the characters -- I really feel that a lot of it fits. Thank you for sharing all of that, it was a great read. To be fair, I do want to comment on Reyes' "dog" personality. I had to step back and really think about this, and damn it.... I like Reyes. I have to separate the positive qualities of this character from the forced, DRR 'shipper stuff that Chris Carter tried to shove down our throats.

I really do see Reyes as a dog-person: upbeat, loyal, over-eager, a bit awkward at times in an endearing, goofy sort of way. Was she pushy with Doggett, or did she seem too over-eager to try and get a relationship going with him? Perhaps. I gotta tell everyone, though, that if I were in her shoes, I might have made a right ass out of myself trying to get John Doggett to notice me as well. rolleyes I'm just sayin'.

So, I see some of Reyes' "dog" behaviors as very positive characteristics --- I have a feeling she would be a very good, honest, and loyal friend, and would be there for you no matter what. She'd also be the friend who calls you at 2:00am to cry about a bad break-up, even if she'd only had two dates with someone, so you'd have to do some hand-holding. cry That's what friends are for. smile Reyes experiences her feelings very strongly, and is more on the opposite end of the emotional spectrum as Scully. (Reyes = intuitive; Scully = rational.) I would argue that Scully has been so burnt by certain life experiences that she has learned to repress some emotions, and struggles to be able to establish trust with safe, appropriate people and express her feelings to them in healthy ways. Reyes may be TOO open in some ways, and Scully is too closed. I actually feel badly for both women in this regard. They could both use some balance, and I can see how Doggett would represent that balance (and safety) to both of them in different ways.

I totally agree that Scully is the cat, and Reyes is the dog. However, after reading all of the perspectives here, I am now not sure where Doggett lies --- I can see the arguments for him being both a dog-person AND a cat-person. I'm really not trying to cop-out here, but that's how compelling both arguments were for me! I see aspects of both dog AND cat in Doggett, and as a cat-person now myself, some of the characteristics attributed here to dogs could certainly be given to cats as well, just in slightly different expressions. Cats, in my experience, can be extremely loyal and affectionate, almost needy at times --- they just tend to express it very carefully, so as to preserve their dignity and fierce sense of independence. A cat may really need you, but a cat sure as hell doesn't want you to act like you know how much he or she needs you. Cats have intense pride, and do not (typically) want to be seen as depending on anyone else, even when they really, really do. (You have to play it cool with cats, to a certain extent.) In my experience, some cats crave affection and attention, but will only accept it when they are in control of it. They have to initiate it, and when they're done receiving it, they are DONE. Also, if you go too overboard with affection, they may back off, only because they are easily overwhelmed/ over-stimulated. It's not that they dislike affection or didn't want it, it was just..... too much in the moment, so they retreat for a time. Apply any or all of this to Scully (or Doggett, for that matter) as you see fit.

My experience with cats has shown me that they are very high-maintenance in ways that dogs are not, and dogs are high-maintenance in ways that cats are not. Cats are very independent with every day tasks and routines, whereas dogs tend to get uber-excited about the every-day things and really depend on humans for interaction during those tasks (i.e. walks). Cats can be very demanding of things being a certain way: their food, their bedding, their toys, whereas dogs tend to be more accepting of these things, as long as it has come from their beloved humans. Dogs tend to attach a need for social interaction to many routine tasks, whereas cats like to do "maintenance" things for themselves. They seek out social interaction just for the sake of the interaction itself, if that makes any sense. (I feel like I'm starting to ramble, sorry.)

Keep in mind, from what I understand of animal-behavior theory, dogs see their humans as the pack-leader, while cats tend to see their humans more as their (surrogate) mothers. I have definitely experienced this with my cats.

Where am I going with all of this? I'm not actually sure yet. I think I need to go back and watch "Audrey Pauley" a few times over the weekend and get a fresh perspective.

Last edited by Tarathemis on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 22:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:44

That was a very well thought out analysis of the threat, Tarathemis.
I thoroughly enjoyed this.
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:41

jsabat28 wrote:That was a very well thought out analysis of the threat, Tarathemis.
I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Thanks. I've been reading others' contributions on this thread with great interest for awhile now, but it took some time for me to get an extended quiet moment where I could sit down, think about it all, and really write down my thoughts. I do find the whole psychology behind humans and the animals with whom they relate/ bond/ affiliate with very interesting. I truly believe that we can learn a lot about ourselves from the animal companions with whom we choose to associate and bond with, and how we incorporate them into our daily lives. One of the things that solidified my relationship with my then-boyfriend/ now husband of almost four years was his love of cats (and animals in general). He has such patience, warmth, and gentleness with his cats, and he notices even the smallest details about their behavior and physical condition. wub

Over a decade later, I still find John Doggett to be a very compelling character, so thinking about his psychological and emotional make-up still sparks my interest. Oh, yeah, and the fact that he is so. damn. HOT. *sigh*
Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherrybeary09 on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 19:46

hi Tarathemis,
you are very wise in the ways of cats and dogs. Wow, 17, where do they all stay, I mean where do you keep them all?
I'm a bird person actually though I've had every type of pet imaginable my whole life long or rather they had me.
They should be birds. LOL. Doggett can be a gorgeous African grey parrot. Monica can be a pearl grey white faced cockatiel and Dana can be a lovely conure. I'm just joking here. Since I'm a bird person and have 5 of them, I had to put my two cents in regarding birds. We also have a bunny. Mmm.
Cherrybeary09
No Arm, No Test

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 23:40

Cherrybeary09 wrote:hi Tarathemis,
you are very wise in the ways of cats and dogs. Wow, 17, where do they all stay, I mean where do you keep them all?

They pretty much own our house, and they graciously allow my husband and I a little bit of space here and there. biggrin
Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top