When do you think Scully realized her true feelings for Doggett?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When do you think Scully realized her true feelings for Doggett?

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 19 Apr 2010, 03:40

When do you think Scully realized that her feelings for Doggett were more than even she thought they could ever be?

----------

I'm rewatching "Alone" and I think that she realizes in this episode just how much she cares (has come to love) Doggett. Everything from her hugging him before leaving the office, to coming home from Lamaze and trying to call him, to going against her doctor's orders, all in order to do what she can to find him. I also think that Mulder realizes her care/love for Doggett in this episode too, and I think there's a glint of jealousy in his facial expression when he asks her if she's concerned for Doggett (and you gotta love that Mulder helps out with the search for Doggett, that totally shows his understanding of Scully's care/love for the man)
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: When do you think Scully realized her true feelings for Doggett?

Post by Guest on Mon 17 May 2010, 12:16

Yes agreed here, she does show a lot of love and care for the man, silently. almost ashamedly.

I never thought of it, but yes Mulder was good to help out in the search for Doggett, for Scully essentially. I remember the line he says to her (in a Seinfeld-eque way) that she "Re-Gifted" the Apollo 11 Keychain and she doesnt say anything about it, yet he just knows she gave it to Doggett. That must have been quite a thing for Mulder to find and realise she did that.

Im rewatching Season 8 at the mo coz its showing on TV every week day at the mo, my goal was not not drool so much at Doggett (I failed!!) but to figure out when he falls in love with her. Her for him? I unfortunately dont think she fell "in love" with him but she really does care for him like no other man she has been with.

Thinking of Medusa, she feels bad to leave him and have him go into the tunnells, she gets very anxious about his safety several times during his mission in the underground. Her voice quivers as she says "come in Agent Doggett" just after he was smacked in the face by the Lieutenant guy. Following no response from Doggett, she then looses her temper and throws her ear piece across the room. She tells the Dr woman that joins her on the case that she fears the worst for her partner who is down in the tunnell. She is completely relieved to regain communication with him again following this, but again upset that he is infected and orders him to come back so that nothing more happens to him. He refuses, and then puts himself in the greatest danger down there, by standing infront of a moving train, Scully is now yelling at him to "get out of there!" - Doggett jumping out of the way of the train only seconds before. Loosing contact again with him, she keeps calling his name, when he finally answers her, she sighs and closes her eyes and says to him "Thank God"... this is a huge amount of caring for this guy.

I think she slightly shows how she considers him a good man, a good partner in Patience, when he asks if she is ok after he has just been attacked by the bat. She sees him all cut up and bloody and he is asking HER if she is ok. To this, i think she suddenly feels care for him,that he puts her 1st, but she is concerned with him and his condition immediately. Weeks later she says she will get him a desk for the office. Perhaps a part self-indulgent inner working cause she didnt get one from Mulder, but i think it was her welcoming Doggett to the office and into the world she resides in. She respects him, in ways she was not respected herself by Mulder.

In Via Negativa, she has to leave him to a case, and she trusts him to tell him, and thanks him for "being descreet." She seems annoyed with the fact she cannot tell him the truth when he asks if she is ok. She tells him to get his rest, and sends him The Lone Gunmen to help him with the case. I think she cares a lot about him at this point because she is feeling guilty she cannot help him more and is calling up to ask how the case is going.
Following this, we see her visiting his house, letting herself in, just to talk about the case.

I think quite early on she knew she cared for him. Its events like Per Manum, Three Words, where she gets caught up with her secret and tries to shut him out. In This Is Not Happening , she is clearly hurt by the fact Doggett gets in Reyes (an agent who is open-minded, like Scully tried to be) to help out with the case.

So anyways, I think it was Medusa that was the biggest indication of when she started to care and love him. biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 17 May 2010, 12:23

Just reading your comments on these episodes is like a moment in itself.

What you said about "Via Negativa", when she seems annoyed with the fact that she feels she cannot tell him the truth when he asks if she's ok... I think I had always noticed that but never gave it any thought, now that you bring it up, it's like my mind had another DSR revelation. I love that she's comfortable enough with Doggett at the end of this episode to come to his home (she knows where he lives could indicate she's been there before), and instead of calling out for him, knocking on the door, ringing the doorbell, etc. she let herself in (doubt he left the door unlocked, does she have a key now?) and made her way up to his bedroom. The only thing that would have made this scene even better would have been if she had sat down next to him on his bed while they talked :) That would have made my day.

And that moment in "Patience" when he's hurt and can barely stand up, and he's asking HER if she's all right. That's vintage John Doggett.

I do think you are right about her starting to care for Doggett in "Medusa", perhaps by "Alone" her feelings had grown even stronger wub
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 May 2010, 12:34

in Via Negativa i think he was a bit dizzy and not thinking straight that he didnt lock his door. Actually doesnt she say his door was unlocked??

yes i would have died if she sat on his bed. Its a shame we dont get a good shot of her and him in that scene. Its actually monumental if you think about it. She comes in unannounced at his bedside, wakes him up and shares a soft conversation with him late at night. She came there just to tell him that that dude was dead? WOwWeee!

and dont you just adore how he immediately asks if she is ok in this Via Neg scene too???!!!! wub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 17 May 2010, 13:08

Hmmm... does she say his door is unlocked? I feel like a bad Season 8 fan now, it's been a long time since I sat down and watched an episode.

I wish we had a distance shot of her standing at his bedside, I actually feel such a shot would have been beneficial to the scene. For her to just show up, unannounced, at his bedside just to tell him that Tipet was dead... that is a big WOW!

Yes, I love it in VN too :)
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 May 2010, 14:53

yes a distance shot would have been awesome and nessesary i think.

Yeah im pretty sure it goes like this
Doggett -"How did you get in here?"
Scully "Your door was unlocked"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 17 May 2010, 16:25

I should rewatch "Via Negativa" and double check (if not for that, to enjoy more sexy Doggett and that little DSR moment there at the end).
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 13:51

Hahahahaha crackup Hahahahahaha! I just found this posted to the SHODDS list back in August 2001 (by Michelle Kai):

Best 'justification' for a DSR, especially while Mulder was MIA in S8.

SCULLY: A woman gets lonely ... sometimes she can't wait around for a
man to be reincarnated.
- 'The List'

I couldn't think of any other thread to post this too, even though it's a s3 Scully quote, it really does fit with Scully's situation (and possible relationship with Doggett) in season 8.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 14:19

Dana Doggett wrote:Hahahahaha crackup Hahahahahaha! I just found this posted to the SHODDS list back in August 2001 (by Michelle Kai):

Best 'justification' for a DSR, especially while Mulder was MIA in S8.

SCULLY: A woman gets lonely ... sometimes she can't wait around for a
man to be reincarnated.
- 'The List'

I couldn't think of any other thread to post this too, even though it's a s3 Scully quote, it really does fit with Scully's situation (and possible relationship with Doggett) in season 8.

HELL YEAH!! BOOOOOM! bigguns chicken dance
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top