S11 Theories/Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

S11 Theories/Predictions

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 13:39

Post your Season 11 theories and predictions here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I've figured out the "time lapse" thing of season 11 / why Mulder doesn't look deathly ill in the "on location" photos we've seen of him so far...

The events of "My Struggle II" never actually happened. I think that Scully had a premonition of what is to come if the Smoking Man isn't stopped.

The last shot of season 10 showed Scully looking up into a bright light (her perspective: a UFO). I think that in season 11, when we come out of that shot, that she will be in the hospital, in a bed, and the bright lights of the hospital will dissolve out of that UFO scene (that ended season 10 on a cliffhanger).

Maybe she got hurt when the premonition hit her, and that's why she's in the hospital. In the trailer, she's telling Mulder that he has to stop "him." I'm guessing "him" is the Smoking Man.

This explains why Mulder doesn't look deathly ill in what we've seen of "on location" pictures. The Spartan Virus outbreak hasn't started yet. That is why they will be able to take on MOTW cases instead of fully focusing on the "aftermath" of the outbreak.

None of "My Struggle II" has happened yet. It was all a premonition that Scully had.

I posted all that to Twitter maybe an hour ago, but now I have a few other things to add...

1) there's a very short clip of Miller and Einstein in the trailer shown at NYCC (blink and you'll miss them type clip), they're fine and healthy too - this further supports my theory that the events of "My Struggle II" didn't take place.

2) the Smoking Man no longer has his Phantom of the Opera mask on, so perhaps this is another indicator that what we saw in "My Struggle II" didn't actually happen. I'm not sure I can explain his lack of Phantom mask, other than to say that parts of Scully's premonition aren't exactly true (they might look different when these events actually come to happen, unless someone - Scully, Mulder, Miller, Einstein, Skinner.... can stop it).

3) perhaps the "him" Scully tells Mulder that he has to stop, could also be William (IIRC from season 9, William was very important to the end game of the alien conspiracy - I don't watch s9 much, if at all, anymore, but IIRC he was made "normal," right? Maybe him becoming "normal" didn't actually do anything and was done by the Syndicate to trigger what needed to be triggered in William to make him lethal to civilization? I'm guessing here.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: S11 Theories/Predictions

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 14:53

here's my prediction...

nothing. I just don't even care. It's a farse and clutching at straws and it's all really sad that this show is back, trying to squeeze every last drop of its life...and not for any artist reasons.

I haven't even thought on real predictions because I genuinely do not care. You see, you can have some unrealistic, fantastical storylines if they are written well. The show could kinda do what it wanted as long as it was artistic, entertaining and well thought out. Unfortunately CC does unrelaistic, ungrounded, biblical metaphors, and pathetic immitations of what has not only gone before in the show in it's hey day but also in other popular fictional worlds of literature, film and tv. The show is a trope of itsself now.

this sums up what i think s11 will hold:  biggrin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However, your guesses are good and interesting and would actually make a lot of what happened in the last ep of s10 slightly acceptable. I would be really shocked and surprised that CC could pull that off, though it all sounds like a Sherlock/Doctor Who trick that writer Steven Moffat pulls (sometimes well and sometimes not)...and I would say if he does this then he might even be taking a page out of the new era of TV where what you see is not what you see and you can show a perspective of something and then flip it the next episode.
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 22:23

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is Gillian leaving TXF after season 11! I mean, if that happens I'm all in, 100%, for season 12 with Mulder (and maybe RP would be available to return for a full XF season as Doggett, and season 12 could return to investigations with Doggett and Mulder, and viewers wouldn't be teased by/annoyed with MSR crap that tends to take over the show lately). That's my hope. The other hope is that CC won't come back for season 12 and that way Doggett would be relatively safe (safer if they kill off reyes so they can't force that drr shit on us).

Anyway, the other thing I'm really looking forward to is -from what i've read- episode 6, which is going to be a Skinner-centric episode by Gabe Rotter. I heard that we'll get to see young Skinner, and Mitch said that what Gabe wrote fits with what he had in his mind about Skinner's past. So yeah, I'm excited for that (and that finally Darin Morgan is going to write Skinner!).

I really hope CC stays far away from those biblical metaphor things. I mean... is he trying to copy the bible too? Why not try to be original, right? I'm holding onto hope that the other writers will do good things in season 11. I'm hoping that with ten episodes (instead of six like the last round of eps), that means that CC won't ruin half the season! LOL I mean, if he does the premiere, and the finale, and one MOTW ep (please, no! <--- but he is, grrr) then that means he can only ruin/make annoying 30% of season 11, the other 70% of episodes have a chance!

It's true that TXF will never be how it was when it was close to reaching its potential (season 4), but I'm really hoping that the MOTW are good, and that the mytharc gets fixed, and that Mulder and Scully don't effing get back together (that would ruin s11 for me, I think). And with Gillian saying s11 is her last... i'm hoping they kill her off.

LOL Your pictures! OMGOMOGOMGOMGOMGOMGOSH! Those pics from the original series are EXACTLY what went through my head when I watched the s11 trailer, and saw that s11 hospital bed scene (bad wig! BAD WIG! BAAAAAAAAD WIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!).

I also hope that reyes gets killed off rather quickly so we aren't annoyed by her hanging around and watching Mulder and Scully interact together, you know? Plus... if "My Struggle 2" was a premonition (or a dream as a lot more ppl online are theorizing) then reyes serves no purpose to the story. Kill her off, and let's be done with her once and for all.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 16:43

I hope we don't see Reyes again and that she was just a prop (as she has always has been).

I hope Scully doesn't necessarily die, as that will just add melodrama to Mulder and will make Shippers forever attach her to him. I'd rather she leaves him and the world of the x files for good. But i doubt this will happen so I think she will die because it will be easier to deal with.

I also don't want her to die, because in my mind, Doggett is still out there in love with her and it would upset him if he were to find out and I doubt they will ever deal with this.

I would, however, be happy to have the xfiles without GA. I think her returning was a bad idea for her character and her career and I think that it would be interesting to see the show without her. I love the Season 2 Abduction era without her and I think Mulder is better without her. It would be great to see him with Doggett as his partner. That would be something new for RP to do with the character.

Yeah, CC even copies the damn bible! lol

I am not holding out hope the nonCC eps are going to be that great but whatever. I wil watch it probably for a laugh!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 17:33

"Series creator Chris Carter tells TVLine exclusively that the Scorpion actor — who portrayed Agent John Doggett in Seasons 8 and 9 — was actually slated to appear in one of Season 11’s early installments. “I actually wrote him into an episode,” Carter reveals. “But then I found out he wasn’t going to be available to us [because of Scorpion] so I had to write him out of the episode… Scorpion is his first priority.” Carter then cryptically adds, “That’s not to say you won’t see him this season…” For his part, Patrick confirms to TVLine that it was a scheduling conflict with Scorpion that torpedoed his original encore, but says he’s “game” to make another go at it. (The X-Files is about to start production on Episode 6 of its 10-episode order.) RELATEDThe X-Files Goes ‘Home’ Again in Season 11 A Doggett comeback makes sense considering that his former partner, Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish), was revealed to be in cahoots with Cigarette Smoking Man in the Season 10 cliffhanger. Gish has already signed on to return in Season 11, and Carter says her mysterious alliance with CSM will be addressed “in an interesting way.”

I'm just angry CC even wrote him into an episode. I feel very protective of Doggett from the pen of CC!! And then angry that Reyes is in s11 and now angry that we will "see Doggett in some way" in S111!!!! blink angry2 blink yikes
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 21:27

gorgclaud wrote:I hope we don't see Reyes again and that she was just a prop (as she has always has been).

Me too. Like before all this talk of Doggett possibly coming back today, reyes being in s11 was one of the worst things I've read about season 11.

I hope Scully doesn't necessarily die, as that will just add melodrama to Mulder and will make Shippers forever attach her to him. I'd rather she leaves him and the world of the x files for good. But i doubt this will happen so I think she will die because it will be easier to deal with.

True. How freakin' awesome would it be if Scully said "fuck you, Mulder, and fuck your X-Files. I'm done with this forever." and walks away from Mulder and the X-Files forever (and not just temporarily, and not to come back in s12 or another movie, but actually like goes away and gets back to living her life). This is the ideal parting for Scully. But I doubt Carter would do that because, you know, the 'shippers.

I also don't want her to die, because in my mind, Doggett is still out there in love with her and it would upset him if he were to find out and I doubt they will ever deal with this.

In my head Doggett will always be in love with her. Even if he remarries, I think he's tucked her away in his heart, and will always wonder "what if I had told her?" If she doesn't die, then maybe she can find him again. I like to think after reyes joined the CSM that Doggett was all "fuck you, reyes, and fuck the X-Files. I'm done with this" and walked away to go about living a life separate from anyone associated with the x-files. If he did this, and if Scully did the same thing, it's a perfect (off screen please) set up for them to find each other again, and be together as they should be.

I would, however, be happy to have the xfiles without GA. I think her returning was a bad idea for her character and her career and I think that it would be interesting to see the show without her. I love the Season 2 Abduction era without her and I think Mulder is better without her. It would be great to see him with Doggett as his partner. That would be something new for RP to do with the character.

I know! Like the idea of Scully not being around anymore excites me so much! I would love to see TXF without her. It'd kinda be like how would season 8 have been if Scully had been abducted and Mulder still around and partnered with Doggett (because in my head apparently without GA/Scully in season 12 magically RP comes back as Doggett and it's a Mulder/Doggett FBI partnership).

Mulder is better without Scully, and Scully is better without Mulder. Together they are an effing train wreck, it isn't even all that fun to watch them interact together.

Yeah, CC even copies the damn bible! lol

I am not holding out hope the nonCC eps are going to be that great but whatever. I wil watch it probably for a laugh!

I'll be watching too. I'm not sure when though. If season 11 airs during February I am not watching, I'll be watching the Olympics. I have my priorities. This means if XF premieres in January, I won't watch then because that leads into February.

I hope the eps are good. I already know any CC MOTW episode is going to be shit (and smthg he's already done, doppelgangers/doubles, and "Fight Club" is one of the worst XF episodes ever).

I still have hope for the Glen, Darin, James, and Kristen Cloke episodes.

I'm also looking forward to the Skinner-centric episode (ep 6, IIRC).
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 21:31

gorgclaud wrote:
"Series creator Chris Carter tells TVLine exclusively that the Scorpion actor — who portrayed Agent John Doggett in Seasons 8 and 9 — was actually slated to appear in one of Season 11’s early installments. “I actually wrote him into an episode,” Carter reveals. “But then I found out he wasn’t going to be available to us [because of Scorpion] so I had to write him out of the episode… Scorpion is his first priority.” Carter then cryptically adds, “That’s not to say you won’t see him this season…” For his part, Patrick confirms to TVLine that it was a scheduling conflict with Scorpion that torpedoed his original encore, but says he’s “game” to make another go at it. (The X-Files is about to start production on Episode 6 of its 10-episode order.) RELATEDThe X-Files Goes ‘Home’ Again in Season 11 A Doggett comeback makes sense considering that his former partner, Monica Reyes (Annabeth Gish), was revealed to be in cahoots with Cigarette Smoking Man in the Season 10 cliffhanger. Gish has already signed on to return in Season 11, and Carter says her mysterious alliance with CSM will be addressed “in an interesting way.”

I'm just angry CC even wrote him into an episode. I feel very protective of Doggett from the pen of CC!! And then angry that Reyes is in s11 and now angry that we will "see Doggett in some way" in S111!!!! blink angry2 blink yikes

It pisses me off too that CC wrote him. I'd be curious to get my hands on an early draft of that script (simply because I try to collect anything Doggett that exists). I feel really protective of Doggett too. I was in the WIB in SHODDS back in the day (Women In Black: Defending John Doggett From The Scum of The Universe).

Maybe... theorizing here... maybe "see Doggett in some way" in season 11 might mean he could show up in the Skinner-centric episode (which will show us a younger Skinner). Maybe there will be a scene with a young Doggett as a Marine meeting Skinner, or crossing paths with him (and in 2000 they didn't remember this meeting). I could accept that. Like maybe tie Skinner to the Marine Barrack bombing in Beirut 1983... Skinner is a Marine, Doggett's a Marine so... hopefully that will be how we "see Doggett in some way" in season 11.

And that wouldn't require RP to ditch Scorpion for a bit to film, they could just cast a young actor who looks similar to RP to play young John Doggett (and Gabe Rotter is writing the Skinner-centric episode).
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top