FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 08 May 2016, 20:32

The 2016 FRVS Re-Read Schedule!
I have created a by-the-season (as we go) re-read schedule for a FRVS re-read that began on 1 October 2016, you can view it here:

http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/rereadschedule.html



As before the early season episodes (s1-s4) will usually have a few episodes a day, but once we hit the longer episodes, we will do one episode a day (and perhaps two a day on weekends).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it easier to make a Chat Thread to re-read FRVS this time around, might make it easier to follow the stories/know which is next in line than relying on the numbered threads for the episodes (since some seasons of FRVS did NOT order episodes by their numbers). OK, so first up in the re-read is 1x00 "The Pilot", a little information below and link to the ep!

Review By: Cerasi J.

“I've got cards, wanna play cards?”

In the very first episode of the ever-popular Fox & Rat Virtual Series Special Agents Mulder and Scully are on a flight home to Washington D.C. when they happen to discover they know the two people sitting next to them! We learn Marita and Scully used to be good friends and that Krycek is dead sexy. Throughout this highly entertaining installment of FRVS an annoyed Krycek and Marita are desperately trying to ignore the inept Fox Mulder who is constantly begging them to play cards and finally winds up shooting his partner! This is a wonderful beginning to a very interesting series!



Read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x00.html[/b][/b][/b]


Last edited by Cassiopeia on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 12:21; edited 12 times in total
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 08 May 2016, 20:48

i forget sometimes how short these first episodes of the series were! lol

there are a lot of little in-jokes fit into this first episode of FRVS, the first kicking a stuffed animal bunny, then the whole new york knicks vs. san antonio spurs thing (we had a basketball 'rivalry' with a friend back in 1999 when san antonio beat NY by a point or two in the NBA finals).

ok, when mulder and krycek have fallen asleep, why in the world do i envision them asleep sitting up next to each other, with mulder's head on krycek's shoulder, and krycek's head on mulder's head?! lol bwahaha! (even though that isn't in the description)

Kriysa Airlines - in Russian "Kriysa" means "rat" (you know, like "fox & rat", ratboy = krycek) wink

LOL this is a cute first episode for a series that kristi and i had no idea would run for ten years! we started writing just short mulder & krycek stories (as they were our favorite XF characters and we wanted them to be frenemies if not true friends).

and this wasn't actually the very first episode written of FRVS, the lucky charms vs. cheerios episode was the first adventure written. this "the pilot" episode only came about once we realized we had a fun fanfic series we were sharing with the (is no longer) DFHB email group (DFHB = diana fowley haters brigade) <--- later you'll see how hilarious it was that frvs started out on a mailing list for XF fans who hated fowley for the simple reason that she was mulder's ex devious

things to look for as the series continues through episodes and seasons:

- the character personality of alex krycek as is related to his friendship with mulder

ok, that's all i can think of at the moment.

also know that i think the characters' history changes slightly in the series, instead of just knowing each other from college, i think we later came up with it was better they knew each other as kids and through high school, but it's been so long that i'm not sure if that's exactly correct. hmm, i guess parts of these episodes will feel like new to me after all these years! woo!

(and... i can't wait to get to doggett's introduction to FRVS, i seriously am missing that man so much)

what did you think of it? anything strike you as interesting to note of?

as one of the writers of FRVS, i would be so very, very interested in discussion of character and story arcs as FRVS gets more developed (remember, my favorite seasons of FRVS start with season 5 and go to the end, with season 7 as my absolute favorite). and i love to discuss character

feel free to criticise too, i'm always up for good constructive criticism smile
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 09 May 2016, 17:56

Well I just finished the Pilot! It was goofy! I laughed at the whole krycek is sexy thing! Can't wait to read more! And I need Doggett asap!

So funny you explained the name of the airline because I thought it was some mixed up combo of Cassie and Kristi!

Lol...diana fowley hate. *rolls eyes * those shippers back then...

I have to say, it's really like something I wrote in 1996, during season 3...a friend and I would mess about in computer class, not doing actual school work, writing silly situations for the x files characters...we did it a lot. I remember we wrote that skinner was madly in love with Scully and at one point someone sat on his glasses and things went wrong from there for him. It was like a bad day for skinner....silly and funny, like this. It was at the time I was obsessed with krycek.

It's great to detach the characters from the real xf world and have fun with them...onto the next one!
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 09 May 2016, 20:13

gorgclaud wrote:Well I just finished the Pilot! It was goofy! I laughed at the whole krycek is sexy thing! Can't wait to read more! And I need Doggett asap!

So funny you explained the name of the airline because I thought it was some mixed up combo of Cassie and Kristi!

Lol...diana fowley hate. *rolls eyes * those shippers back then...

LOL when i was a stupid 'shipper, i think i hated diana fowley long enough to find that mailing list, and i made friends on the list so when i came to actually like her character, i stayed put and they put up with me lol if you watch the series finale thank you/end credits video, we thank the DFHB list over the image of diana and mulder kissing in the bedroom in 'amor fati' LOL

I have to say, it's really like something I wrote in 1996, during season 3...a friend and I would mess about in computer class, not doing actual school work, writing silly situations for the x files characters...we did it a lot. I remember we wrote that skinner was madly in love with Scully and at one point someone sat on his glasses and things went wrong from there for him. It was like a bad day for skinner....silly and funny, like this. It was at the time I was obsessed with krycek.

It's great to detach the characters from the real xf world and have fun with them...onto the next one!

omgosh! did you really?!?! that is EXACTLY how FRVS began! just silly stories (there's actually a pre-FRVS 'fanfic' kristi and i wrote about krycek and the syndicate that never got made into a FRVS episode, i don't even think that i have it anymore, it probably got lost in ye ol' Juno emails of the years of 1998!).

based on what you say you wrote about i think you are going to love FRVS (even without doggett) once we get more into it. the whole skinner madly in love with scully bit runs through the series, for a time, maybe to its end, i forget lol

i bet you anything that if we had emailed back when FRVS was still going strong and you came out that you wrote silly xf stories, you would have been invited to write an episode of FRVS.

ok, i'm going to put up the info for ep 2!
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 09 May 2016, 20:14

Review By: Cerasi J.

“We can be buddies!”

In this hysterical episode of FRVS Mulder stops by Happy Gilligan’s to pick up some groceries and meets there [of all people] Alex Krycek! First Krycek and Mulder face off in the Great Turkey Debate, and wind up having an in-store food fight! Suddenly, they pick up the pace by starting a race to see who can get out of the store and home first. It’s only then when Mulder makes the startling discovery that he’s not alone… in his apartment building!



read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x01.html
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 09 May 2016, 20:24

THE RACE

*spit laughs!* even the summary made me laugh with this one! "... after scurrying around a grocery store" crackup

lol ok what i love about the set up of these two characters in "The Race" is that they are here without the main women in their lives and they are behaving this way. we see that, when alone, mulder is quite an odd fellow, and krycek tries to play cool, but when he participates in the speed walking race with mulder, his un-cool shows.

what inspired this episode, remember in "sleepless" when mulder and krycek are at the train station and they both take off running to the tracks? well, me being the big mulder fan at the time, and kristi the krycek fan - we always watch that scene as if mulder and krycek are racing to win "who is the better" man and even to this day, where the finish line is in "sleepless" is still not fully determined because at one point, my point, mulder wins - and the other point, krycek wins. so that couple of seconds inspired a race episode of FRVS smile (which is why it says in FRVS "little albatross wins, dana doggett cries")

ok, so now we know the boys are neighbors (i'll often refer to mulder and krycek as a duo as "the boys" - old habit).

so is there a reason why krycek has moved in next door to mulder? is it a conspiracy reason, or does he simply want a best buddy?
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 05:28

Cassiopeia wrote:
gorgclaud wrote:Well I just finished the Pilot! It was goofy! I laughed at the whole krycek is sexy thing! Can't wait to read more! And I need Doggett asap!

So funny you explained the name of the airline because I thought it was some mixed up combo of Cassie and Kristi!

Lol...diana fowley hate. *rolls eyes * those shippers back then...

LOL when i was a stupid 'shipper, i think i hated diana fowley long enough to find that mailing list, and i made friends on the list so when i came to actually like her character, i stayed put and they put up with me lol if you watch the series finale thank you/end credits video, we thank the DFHB list over the image of diana and mulder kissing in the bedroom in 'amor fati' LOL


So funny you changed your mind and they tolerated you!

I remember really not liking her but not because of anything shippy - I personally just didn't like the actress's face and I don't mean it too horribly, I just mean you could tell she had work done and she looked strange and her lips were all pulled...and her hair....otherwise she looked hot back in the day. I just didn't think the actress suited the show, the way she talked. Kinda like stiff and annoying, like Reyes. I actually think I understood the idea of Fowley and Mulder together, more than Mulder and Scully at the time, but knew she was simply inserted in to make melo-shippy-drama...and so for that she and the whole thing annoyed me. Personally I loved it when her and Spender were on the x files and would have liked to have seen more of that properly. I was simply excited by the idea. I thought that Mulder suited Fowley because she understood him more. But hey ho....anyways...


]

omgosh! did you really?!?! that is EXACTLY how FRVS began! just silly stories (there's actually a pre-FRVS 'fanfic' kristi and i wrote about krycek and the syndicate that never got made into a FRVS episode, i don't even think that i have it anymore, it probably got lost in ye ol' Juno emails of the years of 1998!).

based on what you say you wrote about i think you are going to love FRVS (even without doggett) once we get more into it. the whole skinner madly in love with scully bit runs through the series, for a time, maybe to its end, i forget lol

i bet you anything that if we had emailed back when FRVS was still going strong and you came out that you wrote silly xf stories, you would have been invited to write an episode of FRVS.


Yeah, it honestly has the same vibe as what I wrote with my friend and Skinner was all sappy over Scully and she wasn't interested, but mulder and scully were not a couple and also Krycek was really goofy and annoying and competing with Mulder in my stories... or if I can remember, at least he was just bitchy with him. so funny how we moved in similar ways !!
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 05:32

Cassiopeia wrote:THE RACE


what inspired this episode, remember in "sleepless" when mulder and krycek are at the train station and they both take off running to the tracks? well, me being the big mulder fan at the time, and kristi the krycek fan - we always watch that scene as if mulder and krycek are racing to win "who is the better" man and even to this day, where the finish line is in "sleepless" is still not fully determined because at one point, my point, mulder wins - and the other point, krycek wins. so that couple of seconds inspired a race episode of FRVS smile (which is why it says in FRVS "little albatross wins, dana doggett cries")


hahahaa, I see!!

I always loved that scene but never looked at it like they were racing but now that is all I am gonna see!! lol. Man, I frickin love them together in Sleepless. God-damn it, like Vienen, I wish we had more Mulder with a guy partner.


so is there a reason why krycek has moved in next door to mulder? is it a conspiracy reason, or does he simply want a best buddy?


hmmmm, something to find out then!
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 14:24

re: diana fowley - yes! i think she suited mulder better than scully too because she was honestly supportive of him, and understood him better than scully ever did (and yes, i'm even including IWTBarf and the silly revival). i think diana "got" mulder in ways that scully never will/could. it's a shame she was just a pawn to rile up the 'shippers and piss them off, all ultimately in the end to support the notion of MSR as such a "great" thing.

with regard to how mimi rogers looked on the show, i never gave much thought to it, i don't think she's necessarily a beautiful woman, and her voice was a bit robotic, but i do think she looked like she belonged on the series, unlike reyes who was just brought on with the desperate hope that TXF would carry on once gillian's contract expired, and ppl would take to doggett with the annoying brunette sidekick. that didn't work. i also like fowley so much more than i can even tolerate the brunette sidekick of s9 (and guest star of s8).

i too would love to see mulder work more with a male partner (another reason why i really hope gillian refuses to go back to do more xf cases, if mulder can't work with doggett, i'd be cool with him working with agent miller).

ok, tonight i'll start up the discussion for the next FRVS episode, "lucky charms vs. cheerios" (which is actually the very first episode kristi and i wrote of this series - we just thought we needed the first two opening episodes in order to better establish location/characters/relation to each other).
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:14

yeah, I dont care about the way she looks or behaves when I see her now, but i know back when I was an 18/19 year old girl, this was how i felt. Hopefully I aint that shallow about such things now!!

would you be able to send me the episodes of FRVS because our laptop had a virus on it today and I cannot use WinZip for the moment...? I'd really appreciate it.
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:45

how would you like to get the eps? just each individual html file on its own?
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 15:52

not sure, i dont mind, however you think is best.
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 16:05

i'll email you the html file, let me know if it works ok
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 16:06

cool thanks
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 16:07

Review By: Cerasi J.

“I need my Lucky Charms!!!”

And Krycek fans cheer for this episode! Alex finally gets his revenge on the inept Fox Mulder by making him walk through the rain! In this crazy episode Mulder wakes up in the wee hours of the morning with a strange craving for Lucky Charms, [let’s hope Fox isn’t expecting any little Mulders!], he calls up Krycek complaining that his tires have been slashed. So, with Krycek in tow, Mulder starts on his desperate search for Lucky Charms which turns into an all out cereal war! Let’s just hope Mulder didn’t forget the milk!



read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x02.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'lucky charms vs cheerios' was the very first episode written for FRVS, we thought we needed introductory episodes before diving into this fiasco! lol

first question i have... did krycek slash mulder's car tire? haha!

oops! continuity error! mulder tells krycek he has to pick him up because he can't drive. we forgot to edit to say that krycek lives next door to him, OR... is mulder just being a dimwit to annoy krycek? the answer is probably both!

hehe happy Gilligan's grocery store, somehow i imagine the store colors to be cerulean blue wink

The Awesome Leather Jacket got all caps/titled because mulder just looks so hot in that leather jacket, here, let me share a screen cap



yeah... mulder was so good looking back in the day wub he just wasn't a dweeb on the xf series like he is in FRVS shy

lol another continuity error, krycek's prosthetic arm, or is it a... "prosthetic" arm in FRVS? wink

*spit giggle* mulder doesn't like bees! harhar! he's got a crush on scully! awwwww! love that krycek knows about the near kiss with scully, and that she likes bees.

this is pretty much an uneventful episode, no big character revelations in these early seasons (trust me, it gets deep in character in later seasons). of the three episodes so far this episode does feel more like a "pilot" episode because it was a first try at the setup of the FRVS world. i hope you liked it anyway. i'll go ahead and do the next episode since we want to hurry to get to the doggett episodes (and the first three or four seasons of FRVS could be read in a day).
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 20:57

Review By: Cerasi J.

“He's having an identity crisis.”

Mulder has really done it this time! It all starts when Mulder and Krycek are going for a drive, (quite possibly to find some Lucky Charms, perhaps?), and suddenly find themselves in a very strange situation! First poor Mulder must find Sound Stage Five… or was it Three? And what’s with Marita? And Scully? Who is this “Tea” person? And who the hell is “Blue”? What’s happening to our poor, confused heroes? Find out in tonight’s crazy and mind-boggling episode of Fox and Rat!



read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x03.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

ugh! why did we name an episode "ten thirteen"? wallbash barf sorry because back when we wrote this episode we weren't fully aware of the terribleness of carter's writing.

opening scene echoing back to the XF own mulder/krycek partnership in season 2 (was it 'sleepless' or 'duane barry' or 'ascension'? i forget now). mulder and krycek in a car.

i like how there's absolutely no explanation as to why mulder and krycek decided to stop at ten-thirteen productions, they're just there for no reason whatsoever lol

(it's ok to call FRVS mulder and krycek complete morons, btw)

scream

we actually put CC into the episode! i feel gross!

sorry

ugh! real person fic... i'm cringing, i'm sorry. it's awkward, isn't it?

KRYCEK
(looks at the Cheerios)
Someone with good taste.

LOL got to love that we're attempting some kind of continuity in this one, right?

ok so we're learning that krycek has a relationship with marita and it seems to not be going well for him at this point in his life. could it be because (even though it's LH) he seems to prefer things like food over his woman? priorities, priorities, alex.

i'm curious to know what mulder would have done if he found sound stage three, would he have participated in filming an episode of the x-files just because he'd feel bad for trying to leave? lol (the writer in me says, yes, mulder would have stayed and pretended to be duchovny, actor).

haha! mulder called CC a "psycho-man"! crackup

nod to "Monday"! "my waterbed sprung a leak"

nod to "Sleepless" - krycek extends his hand to shake in greeting, and no one shakes it, poor baby.

KOOTIES! lol smh oh man!

eep! i forgot the whole sequence was a dream, but whose dream was it? mulder's? krycek's? did they... share a dream?

i'll do one more episode for tonight, 104 "Bad Boys"...
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 21:09

Review By: Cerasi J.

“GET SOME PANTS ON!”

Bacteria wars and bubble gum start off this outrageous episode of Fox and Rat! Mulder-literally-gets stuck with tickets to “The Nutcracker” and forces Krycek to attend with him. He tried to invite Skinner… but Skinner seemed to be… ahem… busy with Agent Scully. After comparing a dancer to November’s Play Pen Model-of-the-Month, Mulder and Krycek get stuck watching a man with no pants on and two ditzy women with magazine perfume. Mulder and Krycek are just thankful when the show is over!




read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x04.html

----------------------------------------------------------

oh good! i thought that mulder was going to put the chewing gum on his shoe into his mouth for a second there!

*snort giggles* mulder completely oblivious to scully answering skinner's office phone late at night! "Oh hi Scully!"

lol i'm really actually LOL at some of the dialog coming from mulder here, "i just can't get my butt in right", smh! what a dork!

then there's this:

WOMAN'S VOICE
Your attention please (beat)
Our dancers at the Anderson
Theatre would like to remind you
that there is no food or drink
(Mulder pulls out potatoe chips;
the announcement reminded him)
alowed in this theatre. A reminder
That no flash cameras are allowed
(Krycek at this pulls out his little
camera and takes a picture of Mulder
eating his potatoe chips.) Thank you
for your cooperation. Enjoy the show.
(Mulder throws a potatoe chip at Krycek.)

crackup

and how in the world is "good thinking" thinking about a porno magazine?!

LMAO magazine perfume samples! welcome to FRVS, Magazine Girls!

ok, so the "get some pants on!!" bit here was actually inspired by actual events one year when kristi and i went to see 'the nutcracker', a friend of my mom's said that kind of loud when the first male dancer came out with a bulging package, she didn't yell it though, but i'm sure most ppl from at least 5 rows ahead of us and behind us heard her.

LOL "Rat Boy. Look! There's your kind!!" seriously laughing here!

continuity error: "On the other hand... wait... he only has one arm... ok... anyways..." <--- later in the series we give krycek two actual arms, no prosthetics wink

this episode was so much better than the previous one! it felt like true essence of FRVS here smile
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 13 May 2016, 18:53

Cassiopeia wrote:
Review By: Cerasi J.

“I need my Lucky Charms!!!”

And Krycek fans cheer for this episode! Alex finally gets his revenge on the inept Fox Mulder by making him walk through the rain! In this crazy episode Mulder wakes up in the wee hours of the morning with a strange craving for Lucky Charms, [let’s hope Fox isn’t expecting any little Mulders!], he calls up Krycek complaining that his tires have been slashed. So, with Krycek in tow, Mulder starts on his desperate search for Lucky Charms which turns into an all out cereal war! Let’s just hope Mulder didn’t forget the milk!



read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x02.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'lucky charms vs cheerios' was the very first episode written for FRVS, we thought we needed introductory episodes before diving into this fiasco! lol

first question i have... did krycek slash mulder's car tire? haha!

oops! continuity error! mulder tells krycek he has to pick him up because he can't drive. we forgot to edit to say that krycek lives next door to him, OR... is mulder just being a dimwit to annoy krycek? the answer is probably both!

hehe happy Gilligan's grocery store, somehow i imagine the store colors to be cerulean blue wink

The Awesome Leather Jacket got all caps/titled because mulder just looks so hot in that leather jacket, here, let me share a screen cap



yeah... mulder was so good looking back in the day wub he just wasn't a dweeb on the xf series like he is in FRVS shy

lol another continuity error, krycek's prosthetic arm, or is it a... "prosthetic" arm in FRVS? wink

*spit giggle* mulder doesn't like bees! harhar! he's got a crush on scully! awwwww! love that krycek knows about the near kiss with scully, and that she likes bees.

this is pretty much an uneventful episode, no big character revelations in these early seasons (trust me, it gets deep in character in later seasons). of the three episodes so far this episode does feel more like a "pilot" episode because it was a first try at the setup of the FRVS world. i hope you liked it anyway. i'll go ahead and do the next episode since we want to hurry to get to the doggett episodes (and the first three or four seasons of FRVS could be read in a day).

I only just read this! I am so behind! I keep forgetting and it's been a hectic week. Hopefully tomorrow will be slower. Just remind me if I get really behind.

I liked this one a lot! The bees comment was so funny...and krycek being all sensible. I thought the awesome leather jacket referred to the momento Mori one....i got hot at seeing that back on the day...
Black and sexy and funky poaching!

This ep seemed like something Archer would do (the animated adult comedy)....your Mulder is like Archer!
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 13 May 2016, 22:39

lol yep, mulder in that leather jacket is soooooo yummy smile
i've never watched 'archer', but every now and then it is highlighted on netflix.

i can wait to do the next episode for when you get to it since we're the only re-readers, i don't mind (i'm trying to stay off my computer for a bit to try to help a serious stiff neck/shoulder thing - and i read FRVS on my computer since it's easier for me to access the forum on it than on my phone).

avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Sat 14 May 2016, 04:26

Cassiopeia wrote:
Review By: Cerasi J.

“He's having an identity crisis.”

Mulder has really done it this time! It all starts when Mulder and Krycek are going for a drive, (quite possibly to find some Lucky Charms, perhaps?), and suddenly find themselves in a very strange situation! First poor Mulder must find Sound Stage Five… or was it Three? And what’s with Marita? And Scully? Who is this “Tea” person? And who the hell is “Blue”? What’s happening to our poor, confused heroes? Find out in tonight’s crazy and mind-boggling episode of Fox and Rat!



read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x03.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

ugh! why did we name an episode "ten thirteen"? wallbash barf sorry because back when we wrote this episode we weren't fully aware of the terribleness of carter's writing.

opening scene echoing back to the XF own mulder/krycek partnership in season 2 (was it 'sleepless' or 'duane barry' or 'ascension'? i forget now). mulder and krycek in a car.

i like how there's absolutely no explanation as to why mulder and krycek decided to stop at ten-thirteen productions, they're just there for no reason whatsoever lol

(it's ok to call FRVS mulder and krycek complete morons, btw)

scream

we actually put CC into the episode! i feel gross!

sorry

ugh! real person fic... i'm cringing, i'm sorry. it's awkward, isn't it?

KRYCEK
(looks at the Cheerios)
Someone with good taste.

LOL got to love that we're attempting some kind of continuity in this one, right?

ok so we're learning that krycek has a relationship with marita and it seems to not be going well for him at this point in his life. could it be because (even though it's LH) he seems to prefer things like food over his woman? priorities, priorities, alex.

i'm curious to know what mulder would have done if he found sound stage three, would he have participated in filming an episode of the x-files just because he'd feel bad for trying to leave? lol (the writer in me says, yes, mulder would have stayed and pretended to be duchovny, actor).

haha! mulder called CC a "psycho-man"! crackup

nod to "Monday"! "my waterbed sprung a leak"

nod to "Sleepless" - krycek extends his hand to shake in greeting, and no one shakes it, poor baby.

KOOTIES! lol smh oh man!

eep! i forgot the whole sequence was a dream, but whose dream was it? mulder's? krycek's? did they... share a dream?

i'll do one more episode for tonight, 104 "Bad Boys"...

Another good one ! Feeling a confidence in the writing and pacing...i lolled when you said no one would shake Krycek's hand! And read him saying his name the way he does in Sleepless ...and I totally had Sleepless and Ascension visions of krycek and Mulder in the car... Man , I love them together! Krycek was so fun back then.

I picked up that you called carter psycho man! Lols! Don't worry, there was a time I considered Carter ok too!

Lols, someone with good taste!

I liked the whole dream thing! It would be really funny if David had a psychotic episode and really did think he was Mulder, considering how much he hated being called that out of set back in the day!
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 15 May 2016, 20:36

yeah, it took us a few seasons to really get a grip on the series and where it was going. i can state as a fact that starting with season 5, kristi and i had an idea of how the series would end, and the arc, and characterizations REALLY take off from there (it helps to have a series bible and a general idea as to where the series will be at its end, as you write *coughs* carter *coughs*)

this one has a lot of feels of 'sleepless' in it, that's for sure. kristi and i were MAD mulder and krycek fans back pre-doggett
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Mon 16 May 2016, 15:32

Omg so was I! I kinda fancied DD when I first started watching but when krycek came along, I and a friend at the time went gaga over krycek.....i was obsessed with him! I knew that certain men like him really lit my fire...and Doggett was that same kind, who overtook krycek but krycek still remained a massive crush, which was why I was cheering for them to have a scene together in deadalive after they passed each other in the ep.

Will hopefully read the next ep tonight. Am I totally behind?

Lol....coughs carter coughs...he wouldn't know a series bible if it hit him on the ass.
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 17 May 2016, 11:53

i stopped with, i think, 'Bad Boys', once you get caught up i'll do another handful of s1 episodes smile no worries

and fwiw, there so should have been more doggett/krycek scenes in the last two seasons of the show, wait... *sniffs*... in season 8... those two had an intense chemistry in the scenes we did get to enjoy.
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by gorgclaud on Tue 17 May 2016, 13:10

Yes, they really did. Love then together. So much potential. I try forget he got shot at the end of season 8. Lets not go there.

I was up all night and morning waiting with James in A and E as he was suffering with severe abdominal pain. So I got in and slept til midday. I might have some time tonight to catch up.
avatar
gorgclaud
Narc!

Posts : 5742

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 17 May 2016, 20:25

yeah, i actually forget that krycek got killed at the end of season 8 sometimes, then i remember and it's sad. the night it happened, i was on the phone with a fellow krycek fan for about 2hours discussing how un-right it was to kill krycek.

ok, here's the information for the next episode. i'm exhausted (spent most of the day cleaning house) so i'll read and do my comments on it tomorrow.

fyi, it's the first solo fanfic i ever wrote smile




Read it here:
http://frvs.scorpionhq.com/S1/1x06.html
avatar
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Posts : 9619

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: FRVS Re-Read 2016/17 Chat Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum