10x11 "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 10x11 "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

10x11 "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 19:27

So the 2012/13 FRVS Re-read is concluding today with the final episode of "Fox & Rat", "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"! It's taken about one year to re-read the entire series and we thank you and congratulate those of you who participated in the re-read and episode discussions! I will be posting the one (as of present) "Fox & Alex and..." story next week, and do know that there are future adventures in the planning process, you can check out the Episodes page and the links with a grey graphic are stories that we hope to bring you someday in the future. After you are done reading the series finale we hope you will take a few minutes of your time to check out the FRVS End Credits:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Original Air Date: 28 November 2009
Rating: PG-13

Summary: Earth is facing annihilation and it's up to Fox and Alex to save the day!

* What did you like and dislike about "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"?

What did you think of FRVS as a series in whole?
Did you enjoy how the series ended? Why or why not?

There's always talk of more FRVS stories to tell (prequel season, sequel stories, etc.), would you be interested in more from the world of FRVS?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 10x11 "The Final Super Spectacular Adventure of Fox and Alex"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 22:33

kristi and i started thinking of how FRVS would end almost at the beginning of the entire adventure back in 1999. the idea that stuck in our head the most (and was even discussed in preparation of writing the last two episodes) was having mulder and krycek wake up in bed together (nekkid, of course) after having been abducted. the mental image of fox and alex in bed together always brought us plenty of chuckles, but alas that particular type of scene didn't fit with the storyline that consumed the arc of the last few seasons so... we made fun of the actual x-files finale and had fox and alex joke about cuddling in bed talking about having hope *g* (you know that blechy scene at the end of 'the truth' with mulder and scully cuddling -omgblech i wrote that- in bed. only frvs fox and alex had a better idea, the star wars ending.

in case you didn't realize. every single episode in season 10 had some kind of reference to 'star wars' in it. some were subtle, some were in your face obvious, but there there in every episode (something we wish we had done since season 1).

i think the strongest part of frvs was the last handful of seasons. season 5, for me, really is the beginning of the best of frvs. k and i knew the direction we were going and committed to the project and following it through to its end. it was a fun - and often times long and frustrating - process, and looking back now that frvs has turned 14, it was worth it. i don't feel that i've accomplished much in my life, and though my work on frvs took more than a decade to complete, it is a HUGE accomplishment to follow a project that took 10 years to complete, to its end.

i admit that i didn't get around to re-reading every single episode in the 2012/13 re-read (and i really wanted to, but i got a job that kept me away from having the time to read them all). i apologize for that since it probably kept me from posting little insights to each episode (the ones i remember insights to anyway). i made sure to comment on some of my favorite episodes, and episodes that i remembered, and for sure on the ones that i did re-read. i had a fun time seeing what kind of ratings each episode brought from those few of us who took part in the re-read. i do hope that you enjoyed the series as much as i did and still do.

sometime soon i'll re-post one of the post-series finale 'fox & alex and...' stories that kristi and i wrote back in 2010. it's the first of what i hope are at least a couple handfuls of short frvs stories, ideas that we had for the series that weren't able to be completed to make the final cut of each season.

and as always there are always our little chat-with-the-characters-of-frvs nights in the folder called Goofy Spooky (http://serenityofx.forummotion.com/f37-goofy-spooky) - not always in canon with the series, though we try to be. this section of frvs was really popular before the Big Damn Hack of 2005. we hope to see you there one of these days (as we procrastinate on bringing you more from the world of frvs).

i'd love to hear what y'all thought of the series and its finale smile
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 18:05

I've re-read this episode 3 times (I think) and I love it very much. It's my favorite (this and End of an Era). smile Reminds me of the good ol' days of writing. Hope you all liked it and enjoyed the roller coaster ride that is FRVS! smile
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down