Season 4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Rey Solo on Sun 18 Jul 2010, 14:05

This is the official SoX Rewatch: Season 4 discussion thread. Please discuss all episodes of season 4 in this thread during the rewatch (unless, of course, an even deeper discussion is needed about something within an episode or episodes).

Here is the entire schedule for the complete SoX Rewatch:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 09:43

I've totally completed watching season 4, whenever you all get there, I'll hop into discussion with you :) Season 4 is my favorite season of the entire show. Lots of love for it from me ♥
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 22:09

Herrenvolk:
Ah yes! The clone children, the farm, and the alien bounty hunter. I almost forgot that he healed Mulder's mom.

Home:
While it has a couple of good lines, inclunding Mulder's line about 'being less of a man', I could never quite bring myself to watch this one all the way through...Maybe it's the interbreeding.

Teliko:
Where I first started entertaining the idea of a Mulder and Marita pairing. I thought that Samuel Alboa was creepy.

Unruhe:
NOt really sure I have an opinion of this except to say that I've comsidered my previous positon about how it's always Mulder that's in jeopardy; Scully gets kidnapped or attaceked by the MOWs,Mulder gets the brain disease, subjected the the black oil, etc.

The Field where I Died:
The whole episode posed a thought-provoking question: If Mulder and Scully had a past life, and they where in the civil war, what kind of past life might John Doggett have?
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 00:50

I barely remember "Herrenvolk", that - to me - is the most boring episode of the season (I blame it on Carter!), but then I didn't like "Talitha Cumi" either as a season finale, found it boring too.

"Home" is an episode I could watch weekly and never get sick of it. Did you watch it with the additional audio that had the baby crying as they Peacock boys buried it alive outside in the storm? It adds so much to the eeriness and creepiness of the teaser.

I love the idea of Mulder/Marita too! I don't think it hit me until "Tunguska" though when he goes to her in her apartment. I may have to rewatch "Teliko" to find some Mulder/Marita support in that.

TFWID - An episode I cannot live without. XF meets the Civil War (my favorite aspect of US history before 1900). Ever since Doggett's arrival on TXF I've always wondered what his connection in a past life was to Scully - if the theory is that the ppl we care for, the ppl we love, and all of our friends and family have been with us through all our lives, then Doggett was involved in Scully's life in some way before this life. There needs to be a fanfic about this, I don't think I've ever read any past life exploration of Doggett and Scully.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 20:13

I'm tryinig to remember...I think I did see something with the audio with "Home"

Sanguinarium:
ANother one I usually skip...I can usually take a lot, but somehow, this one..not so much.
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 20:19

Musings of a cigarette smoking man:
I inow that a lot of people don't like this episode, but I personally liked the insight into the Cigarette Smoking Man.

Tunguska:
ONly me, but I prefer Tunguska over Terma.

Terma:
Somehow I completely forgot that Krycek had his hand removed by the Russian rebels. Mulder really wasn't paying attention when Alex escaped out the back of the truck...but I guess he was a bit preoccupied with the soldiers chasing him. Lol.

Paper Hearts:
My favorite episode of season 4. COuld be a challenge trying to make a DSR version.

El Mundo Gira:
Two men. One women. One cheesy episode.

Leonard Betts:
The first time he said, "I'm sorry. YOu have something I need" to Scully, it was like 'What? SHe's got cancer?"
Then she got the nosebleed.

Never Again:
For one episode anyway, Scully came right out and told Mulder that it wasn't always about him. Sometimes I wish she would do that more. Not often, but sometimes...especially lately.

Memento Mori:
I thought this was kind of a bittersweet story. Bittersweet because they discovered the reason for her being barren and the cause of her cancer, but also because she has to live with cancer and could possibly die.
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 22:12

I love "Musings of a CSM", one of the best episodes of the series. I like "Tunguska" over "Terma" too simply because it features Mulder and Krycek in Russia together. I totally agree with you about "Never Again", Scully should have talked to Mulder like that more often (but then if she did they never would have hooked up and the 'shippers would be sad and unhappy, and Carter couldn't have that). I can't wait to see how you make "Paper Hearts" into a DSR story, should be good.

I love "Memento Mori", I don't care if it's slightly overrated (IMO). I love the hug scene between M&S at the end, one of their best moments ever.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 21:00

Kaddish:
The X-Files verson of a zombie story. Although I have to admit it did appeal to the romantic side of me in an albeit slightly twisted way.

Unrequited:
The invisible soldier that only becomes visible to their victims...an age old story that has been told in several different ways, but I thought it was, in its own way, a nice tribute to the soldiers who never came home from the Vietnam war.

Tempus Fugit:
They brought Max back, even though it was for a brief time. And the first appearance of the Apollo 11 keychain..which was given to John Doggett. "*tee hee*

Max:
I'm still trying to place the FAAC(or whatever it is)guy. I *think* he's on NCIS. Did anyone suspect that Sharon was actually a mental patient?

Synchrony:
Putting aside for a moment the continuous debate about whether or not you can travel through time, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Especially thought the end was good when the two Jasons burst into flame.

Small Potatoes:
definitely the best part of the episode would be Eddie van Blundt being Fox Mulder. You can tell that David Duchovny enjoys comedy.

Zero Sum:
This episode as well as season 6's "SR 819" orginally got me thinking about Skinner having a thing for Scully, particuarly fro the reason he was burning the postal worker's body and stealing evidence; he believed he was saving Scully.

Elegy:
One of the rare moments when we see Scully vulnerable and facing the possibility that she could die. I guess she forgot Clyde Bruckman told her that she doesn't die in the previous season.

Demons:
To my mind at least, one of the first episodes that suggested Samantha *wasn't* taken by aliens. When Mulder was found covered in blood and couldn't remember what happened, my first thought was the same as Scully's... not good.

Gethsemene:
My favorite season ender. Although 6's comes pretty close.
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 12:52

Yes! Skinner so has a thing for Scully! Pre-Doggett I am all over that pairing wub I believe that Skinner would do anything to protect her, even moreso than Mulder could ever hope to try to do. I think what pushed me from Skinner/Scully to Doggett/Scully was the fact that Skinner allowed himself to keep at distance from her while Doggett allowed himself to get close to her outside of work.

I love "Demons", one of my favorite episodes. Anything having to do with the Smoking Man, Samantha, Bill Mulder and Teena Mulder always pleases me.

"Gethsemane/Redux/Redux II" is my second favorite three-parter (and like you said season 6's "Biogenesis/6th E/Amor Fati" comes close, if not a tie with me).

*sighs* I love the mytharc.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top