8x17 "Stranded I"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 8x17 "Stranded I"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

8x17 "Stranded I"

Post by Cassiopeia on Sat 11 May 2013, 00:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Stranded I"
Written by: Little Albatross
Original Air Date: 13 March 2006
Rating: PG

Summary: Brad has just received his pilot's license and flies the gang to a warm climate get away.

Review By: Emma Keturah

"Just stay away from her." - Brad

We could all see it coming. For a long time. It finally becomes too much for Brad who loses his temper, but is he talking to Krycek or to Knowle?

Anyway, this week finds the gang heading on a fun trip to Florida. However, knowing Fox & Rat it doesn't go to plan (or does it...? Only time will tell). This episode, a collaborative effort by Dana Doggett and Little Albatross, channels some serious "Lost" (can you tell that they’re fans?). Only it’s much better because it’s all our favourite Fox & Rat characters! Krycek stirs up trouble not unlike Sawyer, Scully fixes everything like Doctor Jack while Knowle shows his survival skills like a more, (ok… much more), handsome version of Locke. They know that they need to stick together but what happens when one wanders off alone into the jungle? Will they all survive this trip???

*holds breath*

Read on and find out…

* What did you like and dislike about "Stranded I"?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 8x17 "Stranded I"

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 13 May 2013, 06:06

Yessss, I was hoping for a LOST episode! biggrin
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 13 May 2013, 22:21

the funny thing is that most of this three-part episode was planned long before kristi and i ever sat down to watch "LOST". actually, iirc, the beginning plans for this island adventure episode began as early as early 2001, and the original idea was for them to be in hawaii, get involved in some college beach party, and the college kids get them drunk and push them out to sea in some blow-up raft and they end up on some mystical island. it eventually evolved to include brad follmer and his air plane license and this three-parter is what the final result was from years of planning.

we were bummed out that the 'stranded' trilogy happened *AFTER* "LOST" was on tv because then our reviewer and readers all drew comparisons to the show, and since we came up with the idea long before "LOST"... well... yeah, sort of bummed us out.

when we finally sat down to type up 'stranded' we had just begun watching "LOST" so there are probably some similarities just because we had just begun our "LOST" obsession. i haven't re-read the episode just yet, been busy with house buying things and packing lately.

we actually have a few ideas for an actual FRVS/LOST mini-series/movie, but not sure if that will come to fruition or not.

the 2nd part of 'stranded' will be up on wednesday, at the new location for FRVS website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <--- just wanted to let you know smile
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by vandevere on Tue 14 May 2013, 13:16

It's looking like Knowle Rohrer is looking likely to be the "Mature One" in this series.

Also, do I foresee a romance between him and Monica?

If so, how will he survive Brad's apparent rage? A scene in this installment worried me just a little in that regard...

vandevere
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 14 May 2013, 18:54

which scene in this episode worried you? i still haven't had time to re-read it, but i think if you reminded me what you're talking about that i'd remember a little bit.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by vandevere on Wed 15 May 2013, 13:17

Dana Doggett wrote:which scene in this episode worried you? i still haven't had time to re-read it, but i think if you reminded me what you're talking about that i'd remember a little bit.

BRAD
(stern with slight anger)
Back off.

Knowle looks up confused.

KNOWLE
Excuse me?

BRAD
(quietly not to disturb anyone)
I said back off. (beat) Monica’s
confused enough as it is. She
doesn’t need you to complicate
her life even more. (beat) Don’t
think I haven’t noticed what
you’re trying to do.

Knowle sets down his book. He’s really confused now.

KNOWLE
What are you talking about?
I’m not trying to do anything.

BRAD
(serious/slightly mad)
Just stay away from her.

Also, there was the fact that Brad blamed Alex for the crash, and actually assaulted him. And Monica got this weird vibe should couldn't identify. Right now, I'm just a little worried about Brad. This is, after all, the X-Files...

tongue

vandevere
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 15 May 2013, 21:41

i remember that now. i think brad is just pissing in the corners, feeling his relationship with monica is threatened by knowle because knowle seems to understand what she's going through (or is at least supportive) and brad just wants things to be how they used to be.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum