3x26 "Road Trip"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 3x26 "Road Trip"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

3x26 "Road Trip"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 22:39

Season 3 Finale!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Road Trip"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Rating: PG

Summary: The gang goes on a road trip in the midwest and face a serious problem...

* What did you like and dislike about "Road Trip"?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x26 "Road Trip"

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 00:16

KRISTI SHOT AT THEM WITH A BAZOOKA. yikes
I have to ask - do y'all really get crazy on caffeine? I mean, I've never had it in copious amounts, but a standard cup of coffee doesn't even keep me awake. I can't imagine having enough to actually experience side effects...
Oooohooohoooh, and then everyone died! Except they didn't obviously. It couldn't be X Files without at least one "they're dead!" cliffhanger. thumbsup
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 00:51

Hahaha! Yes! Waitress Kristi was her appearance in FRVS that really wasn't her as a person (if that makes any sense). That opening scene with Waitress Kristi was actually representative of her (and my) feelings about the XF characters at this time. When we wrote this finale we had been suffering through "The X-Files" season 8 with Mulder back in the picture, and our love for that series and its characters was so very, very weak that we just wanted them to die...

... and so we wrote this finale with those feelings...

... So the story with us and caffeine. We don't drink (alcohol), we don't smoke, and we don't do any drugs - caffeine is our vice. It seriously has a very good effect on us. Even to this day, give me a can of Mountain Dew and give one to Kristi and we'll be giggling in fits within the hour. When we wrote some of these FRVS episodes we would be literally rolling on the floor laughing so hard. When we wrote "Road Trip" we were on caffeine and we were so entertained by the fact we were going to kill the characters off, that we had begun to hate on "The X-Files", that we were "high" on writing their deaths and Mountain Dew caffeine.

If I have any drink containing caffeine at say 5pm and I go to bed at 2am, it keeps me wide awake for another couple of hours. Caffeine effects me *THAT* much. It's ridiculous. BTW, I don't drink coffee, the smell of it gives me a headache and screws up my sinuses and I can't breathe.

If we ever get the chance to meet in person, make sure that Kristi and I have Mountain Dew and you'll see it's really like that with us. Mountain Dew that's our alcohol LOL

Anyway... this episode felt a bit disjointed to me at parts, we kept doing those time cuts to get to killing them, we were very eager to get to that point LOL We also only listened to the music of Celine Dion while writing this finale episode (hence the references to a handful of her songs).

Ok so yeah... here ends season 3 and tomorrow is the premiere of season 4... remember for the next 19 episodes, you have been warned... season 4 is the only season of FRVS that we have (many times) discussed removing from the series. I do hope that you enjoy parts of it peace
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 08:39

Haha ok, I can understand the strong desire to kill pretty much everyone off at that point in the series (except Doggett, of course, who gets to be masculine and sensible and save puppies instead). tongue I'm about to start on that part of the series in my rewatch with my brothers, and I am approaching it with a certain amount of trepidation, knowing how pissed off basically everyone makes me during those last few episodes of the season (and the first couple of season nine).
Wow, I will definitely have to get you guys Mountain Dew'd up if ever we meet. biggrin I wish I could get giggly that easily! Like I said, coffee doesn't even keep me awake (I don't normally drink it either, since I get no positive effects out of it and I dislike the taste), and I'm not much for alcohol either, because I have a high tolerance so I have to drink a lot, quickly, if I want to get drunk (and even then, I find it difficult to maintain a good drunken state, I slip easily back into sobriety). I generally just have to make my own sober fun, which isn't the worst thing in the world, especially when other people are being hilarious. So yeah, maybe one day I'll join y'all for a Mountain Dew, I can enjoy the taste, and you can go nuts. banana
Hmm, I'm sure I can survive season four. What is it about it that drags it down? Perhaps we could steam through it a bit faster, to get it out of the way, if that works for you on your end. I'm on holidays, I'm positively made of time. biggrin I'm up for whatever suits you best.
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:12

We can TOTALLY steam through s4 a bit faster! I'm so game on that! Perhaps two episodes a day? I do need to make some print ads, but perhaps today once I get home from Thanksgiving dinner Kristi and I can both work on some print ad graphics for s4. I realized last night that most eps of s4 don't have any! LOL So I quick made one for the s4 premiere.

To me what drags down season 4...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

ALERT!!!

1) we actually keep them dead for the entire season and they live in the Afterlife, 2) we rewind time at the end of the season and bring them back to life, rendering most (if not all) of the season moot, 3) we wrote most of it post-9/11 and death and the Afterlife was really hard to want to try to write after so much tragedy, 4) we were still suffering from a bout with writers block for much of the season, and 5) we actually keep them dead for the entire season and they live in the Afterlife.

There are 19 episodes (one is a special Halloween episode that purposely is NOT canon with the FRVS series) so we could get through the season in 9 days doing 2 episodes in a day... I just want to get to season 5 because that season is, IMO, the beginning of our best work in FRVS smile
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:23

Two episodes a day works fine for me. WOW, I was NOT expecting that to be the reason! You really did kill them! crackup Haha, this is extra funny for me because I was just venting earlier today about how Chris Carter introduced major plot twists on the show like "Mulder and Scully are off the X Files, and Spender and Fowley are taking over!" and then failed to do anything at all with the storyline, eventually just switching things back to the way they were (and making you wonder what the point of the plot twist was in the first place). Hell, even if you did reverse time and make them be alive again (probably a wise decision), at least when you threw in a major plot twist, such as EVERYONE DYING, you stuck with it for a good stretch! I think I'm glad I decided to read that spoiler, it would have been an almighty shock otherwise. tongue
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:39

And then add to that that ALL OF THE FEEDBACK we got during season 4 was "we hate you guys! why'd you kill them?!?" and "I hate you guys so much!" and "you guys suck, bring them back to life NOW!!!" - getting negative feedback while still trying to write the season is very difficult to do, and doesn't exactly motivate one to write or write well.

Your comments about CC and his big plot twists... that's very likely the reason why we kept them dead throughout the entire season. Because that's what we planned to do, keep them dead - and even with hate feedback coming to us all the time during this season, we didn't want to cave in and do what our readers wanted us to do... bring them back (against our original plan).
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 09:40

we NEVER went with what our readers wanted... we were the anti-Carter in that respect.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum