3x16 "Ritikki"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rate This Episode - 3x16 "Ritikki"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

3x16 "Ritikki"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 07 Nov 2012, 22:47

http://www.serenityofx.com/frvs/S3/3x16.html

Title: "Ritikki"
Written by: Little Albatross
Rating: PG

Summary: Doggett and Scully investigate strange happenings in a little hick town.

* What did you like and dislike about "Ritikki"?
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x16 "Ritikki"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 07 Nov 2012, 23:03

Did you know... that FRVS discarded episode 3x15 which is why this is episode 3x16? 3x15 was titled "Pixie Dust" and was too ridiculous and "high" and incomprehensible to publish online for the series. The episode was never typed up and remains inside a cardboard storage box in handwritten form.

"Ritikki" - IIRC this is the first FRVS episode that is focused solely on a casefile. I know Kristi would re-read this and hate the episode though, but she's always so harsh on herself and forgets how old she was when she wrote these early episodes.

Having said that... the casefile of the episode is a bit confusing, in this re-read (my first ever) I found myself wanting to know more about the monster/Ritikki and why this entity killed and if there was any reason for bodies to be cut in half. The ending made me wonder if Ritikki is a werewolf.

I like that though Doggett and Scully are not FBI partners in FRVS (the partnering is Mulder and Scully, and Doggett and Krycek) that they worked this one together and there wasn't any flirtation. Kristi's mention of mucus makes me wonder if this was written after "Roadrunners" since in that XF episode we discover that Doggett doesn't have memory for mucus.

And I think the timestamp for this episode is December 2000 (even though the date for the episode is marked as 2001). I like to keep track of timestamps.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 08:40

Haha, who's responsible for 'Pixie Dust'? Now you've got me intrigued as to what could be so ridiculous and incomprehensible that you'd never publish it.

I was interested to get into a proper X File case and see how that went, but you're right in that it's pretty confusing and lacks detail. I also thought of Roadrunners after the mucus-mention. tongue
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:38

I was responsible for "Pixie Dust", it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. Basically fairies are real, one got pissed off at Krycek in the XF office and blew pixie dust in his face and it was basically an episode about Krycek hallucinating and acting high. It was canned, IIRC, before I even finished writing it.

I think age played a part in the lack of detail and the confusion, but hey, it was an attempt to do a proper casefile within the world of FRVS, props to Kristi! In season 7 Kristi writes the *BEST* casefile episode that I can remember (in true FRVS fashion).

I keep mentioning how FRVS gets WAY BETTER in the later seasons (after season 4) because I want readers to stick with the series until we reach its glory years peace LOL
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:41

We should take down all my episodes. I hate them. (and NO, I did NOT re-read this... I fear it so).
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top