5 = one of the best hours of TV you'll ever see

View results

4x21 "Zero Sum"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 23:31

4x21 "Zero Sum"
Original Air Date: 27 April 1997
Written by: Frank Spotnitz, Howard Gordon
Directed by: Kim Manners

Mulder is investigating a case where the main suspect appears to be his own superior, Assistant Director Skinner.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x21 "Zero Sum"

Post by Rey Solo on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 12:41

This episode is awesome. 5!
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 14:33

I think this is a pretty decent mythology episode. I gave it a "3". Maybe more like 3.5, but not 4, to me. I like the fact that Skinner is featured but didn't like that his character was reduced to lies and cover-ups. I know that he's essentially doing it for Mulder and especially Scully, making deals with the devil. But it's still kinda low. I know he feels remorse for his involvement and that there were deaths he was partially responsible for. I know he didn't like Mulder to be at a point where he can discredit Skinner. Here Mulder basically knows he's "dirty" and later at the end of the season, Scully thinks he's the mole and Mulder doesn't. I digress....

I like the reveal at the end that Marita and CSM are tied. Of course "X" and "Deep Throat" also were tied so it's not that huge of a leap, but I enjoy seeing the "bad guys". :)

Highlight? Skinner in skivvies!!! Hehe.
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 22:45

Hehehehe, Skinman gets his gear off...
I find this episode way more interesting on rewatch, I'm not sure why. Maybe I just appreciated Skinner and CSM more, so I could really enjoy the dynamic between them. I also love that there's no Scully, and not too much Mulder. Not that I don't like seeing them - just that I prefer ensemble casts, and since The X Files only has a couple of leads, I delight in any opportunity for the supporting cast to take prominence.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top