5 = one of the best hours of TV you'll ever see

View results

4x19 "Synchrony"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 23:28

4x19 "Synchrony"
Original Air Date: 13 April 1997
Written by: David Greenwalt, Howard Gordon
Directed by: Jim Charleston

Mulder and Scully involve themselves in an apparant murder case at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology when the murderer's alibi proves to be out there: He claims that an old man had foretold the victim's death. However, the case becomes interesting when the campus security officer who detained the old man is found dead...and frozen solid.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x19 "Synchrony"

Post by Rey Solo on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 12:40

Just average.
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 13:28

OMG. I totally REALLY, REALLY liked this episode!

You know why? It totally reminded me of Fringe and Walter and it gave me chills as I watched it.

I had totally forgotten about this episode from the first time I watched the series. It didn't mean anything to me then. But after experiencing Fringe, this time it was super cool.

Here are some fun facts.
*It takes place in Boston - at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).

*It involves time travel. The main guy visits the past to try to change events - just like Walter goes and saves Peter.

*It talks about Scully's thesis where she postulates that there are multiple dimensions and at the end Mulder tells her that that compound they were trying to prevent from occurring in this dimension will somehow always take place in some other dimension.

This episode reminds me that Abrams must have been an X-Files fan. I love when these shows seem to show some convergence. It is at this point in the X-Files where I could see Mulder and Scully joining the Fringe team in our universe as they investigate the Fringe events.

I'm a total dork and I know it. :D But I really thought this episode was very cool.
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 00:11

Hmmm... I never paid all that much attention to this episode on rewatch, it's not bad, but it's never grabbed my attention. But perhaps I should with "Fringe" in mind smile I have a feeling it would become a favorite after that! LOL
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 22:48

My least favourite episode of this season. Not horrible or anything, just not my jazz. Time travel opens up a REALLY big can of worms, it's a different level of sci-fi to what The X Files commonly dealt with, and I just don't think it suited the show.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top