5 = one of the best hours of TV you'll ever see

View results

4x18 "Max"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 23:27

4x18 "Max"
Original Air Date: 23 March 1997
Written by: Frank Spotnitz, Chris Carter
Directed by: Kim Manners

Mulder finds the second crash site at the bottom of a lake, revealing a downed U.F.O. However, the military is close behind and Mulder is arrested. To cover their tracks, the military issues an apology to the public using a false story in order to cover up what really occurred in the skies above New York State.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 4x18 "Max"

Post by Rey Solo on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 12:39

Why'd they get rid of Max? I liked him.
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 13:21

Actually, I never cared for the "Max" character. I was just saying to my boyfriend, why'd they give Max 3 episodes? Hehe.

I just watched this and the only things I remember...

Scully turns while Mulder changes clothes - reminds me of her and Doggett in that episode where he changes out of his hospital gown.

Scully's monologue about the Apollo 11 keychain.

Scully's nose bleeding and Skinner tells her to go take care of herself (Skinner's worried about her).

Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 00:10

Yeah, I get a kick out of how Scully turns her back to Mulder while he changes clothes, but when Doggett came out from behind the curtain in the hospital (Medusa) she turns toward him even though he's very obviously zipping up his pants. Four years with Mulder, still turning her back to him. Less than a year with Doggett: faces him and steps closer to him as he changes into his clothes. Haha!

I like Scully's monologue about the keychain too. She was always the more thoughtful one.

Skinner/Scully! Skinner/Scully! I love his worry for her when she is sick.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 22:56

I love my little Skinner/Scully ship. I feel Skinner's care for her is far more sincere than Mulder's ever was.

I'm not a big fan of this two-parter. I find it weird that they brought Max back at all, since we haven't heard a word about him since season one, and the last we saw there was him being abducted. I mean, we know that abductees get returned most of the time and all, but I feel like Fallen Angel had a tone to it that said "this guy is gone forever", so him being back and no-one acknowledging what happened in his first episode just feels off to me.
They killed Pendrell! Damn them!
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top