2x03 "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rate This Episode - 2x03 "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

2x03 "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 22:07

http://www.serenityofx.com/frvs/S2/2x03.html

Title: "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"
Story by: Nate
Written by: Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder breaks Rule #1 and Krycek gets pissed ... bullets fly.

* What did you like and dislike about "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"?
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x03 "Potatoe Salad And The Lazarus Bowl"

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 23:19

Because I know how Nate writes and the kinds of stories that he contributed (later) to FRVS, I knew this episode was going to be weird. Kristi's "written by" credit actually tells me that it was tamed down quite a bit from the two of them coming up with the story during German class in high school so long ago.

The episode had some good moments: Krycek hearing Marita moaning to Mulder's back massage, the use of Krycek's (only used when it's funny in FRVS) prosthetic arm, and the ewwwwie part at the end of the meat in the salad coming back to life because of the Lazarus Bowl LOL Ok, I admit that actually got a chuckle out of me.

What I didn't really care for in the episode was the use of violence and gunplay, I know it's fiction and all that, and back when this was written I was young and thought it was oh-so-very-very-funny, but in retrospect comedy can be done without violence and gunplay, and those two aspects of this episode, IMO (in any writing or entertainment) shouldn't be used for comedic purpose (unless the comedy writer is very, very, very good at what he/she does).

That being said, I'm curious now to re-read the episodes written by Nate. I know they're way bizarre and slightly OOC for the FRVS characters, but I remember liking the episodes all those years ago and wonder if my opinion will change now that I'm older.

Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 03:14

Not fond of this one. I felt like it was totally all over the place, I couldn't tell if it was angling for the "it's all a dream" thing or not, stuff just kinda happened with no rhyme or reason. The meet coming alive in the Lazarus Bowl was pretty funny though. smile It's the episode's saving grace.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 21:37

Ahh... the only fond memories from this is German class with Nate (the crazy nut who helped me come up with this brilliance LOL)

What a piece of shit. Man, I hate my early writing... hell, I hate all my writing, but that's because I've turned into a crazy perfectionist where nothing is ever perfect enough to post and I have to post it anyway because of deadlines. Blah!

It's ok to hate this episode. It's ok to hate all these early episodes because they are crap <--and that coming the brilliantly typing fingers of the writer behind this junk. smile
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 21:39

TheInvisibleMan wrote:Not fond of this one. I felt like it was totally all over the place, I couldn't tell if it was angling for the "it's all a dream" thing or not, stuff just kinda happened with no rhyme or reason. The meet coming alive in the Lazarus Bowl was pretty funny though. smile It's the episode's saving grace.

That's because my brain is a jumbled mess. Heh! biggrin
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top