2x01 "The Cruise: Part 2"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 2x01 "The Cruise: Part 2"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

2x01 "The Cruise: Part 2"

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 22:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "The Cruise: Part 2"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Continuation of "The Cruise". What will happen to the Magazine Girls? Will Krycek be saved by a miracle?

* What did you like and dislike about "The Cruise: Part 2"?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2x01 "The Cruise: Part 2"

Post by Cassiopeia on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 22:19

Our very first premiere to follow up a "cliff hanger" LOL Nothing very important or interesting really happens in this episode. I know that Mulder's voice over in the opening scene was intended to kind of copy the tone of Mulder's voice over in the XF series s2 opener, "Little Green Men".

Thus begins the FRVS season that really starts to inject in other characters into the episodes than just Mulder and Krycek!

From my recollection season 2 stories are a bit better than those of season 1, after the premiere, IMO, of course biggrin
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 02:57

I liked the warm and fuzzy positive tone, even if nothing much happened.
Skinner is totally my favourite. I ship FRVS Scully/Skinner so hard. biggrin
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 13:58

Gah! I *LOVE* your Spender avatar! wub

I love FRVS Skinner/Scully so much too! I know that the eps so far haven't really had much of them, but is there anything specific that draws you to FRVS Skinner/Scully (and do you consider the 'ship of Skinner/Scully on the XF series)? Back before Doggett, Skinner/Scully was my numero uno 'ship for TXF. I have this thing about liking Scully paired up with strong, military background men smile
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 01:21

Ah, I love Spender so damn much...

I like that FRVS Skinner is just a good, strong, manly type. FRVS Scully has been quite curt and serious so far, but she and Skinner seem to have a sort of unspoken bond. She seems kinda high-maintenance, but Skinner cares enough and is man enough to cater to her. Not that Scully is demanding - I just don't think Scully can be with a self-centred person, she doesn't have the patience to deal with it, and she needs someone who can set themselves aside to support her when necessary. Haha, I feel silly, considering what I'm interpreting...I guess it's all true of the way I feel about the characters on the show as well. Both Scully and Skinner are stoic, emotionally closed-off types, and they need partners who can deal with the silence, but also take the effort to make it past those barriers and be there for them on an emotional level. On the show, for whatever reason, I always felt like Skinner was a closeted homosexual (really, I think that's just a vibe I get from Mitch Pileggi, I've thought the same thing about his characters on other shows...I don't know why that is, Mitch). Regardless, I am pretty susceptible to the Scully/Skinner relationship, whenever we got a glimpse of it. Those times where she'd be at his side in the hospital, or all the things he did for her, not as her boss, but as her friend (Skinner never gets enough credit for that). I find them really well matched, and the thought of them in a relationship just makes me happy. I ship it.
scully1 skinner
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 17:04

= wub

I do love me some Skinner/Scully, I know that in FRVS it is different (and depending on the writer sometimes ridiculous), but I honestly do not remember many of the SkSc moments of the FRVS series. I mean, I know the big things that happen, but none of the little details, it's been so long for me.

Speaking of Skinner as a closeted homosexual... have you ever checked out Doggett/Skinner fanfic? I've only really read one (and Scully shows up eventually which gives me both a Doggett/Scully and Skinner/Scully fix all wrapped up in one), but man! Doggett and Skinner together is quite hot too!

Caps from my favorite SkSc scenes from TXF series smile

And with this next one, I really thought as I was first watching the ep that Skinner was going in for a kiss LOL I wish!

Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 23:21

I haven't really checked out fanfic in general (though I did read that one Doggett/Scully post-apocalypse one that kept popping up on my dash on Tumblr), I have been meaning to look into more though. I just don't want to waste precious time on anything that's poorly written, or discards character and story in favour of graituitous sex scenes. So, any recommendations for actual good-quality fics, I'd be happy to check out. biggrin Doggett and Skinner, that is a pairing I have never considered before...

Ahh, I really do love Scully/Skinner! This leads me to something I've just gotta get off my chest - the whole curing-Scully's-cancer thing. I ALWAYS see people giving Mulder all the credit for 'saving her', when in fact, he deserves none of it. Mulder bitched and whined about the place and was no help whatsoever - it was CSM who gave him the cure to give to Scully, who led him to it, and who even then, had to tell Mulder outright what to do because he was still too dense to get it. And before that, who made a deal with the CSM, agreeing to do his dirty work in return for that cure? Skinner. Things didn't really work out for him on that front, but he was still the one who put in the effort, who put everything on the line for Scully. Mulder just pansied about and then took all the credit in the end. I hate that.
Ok, I feel better now. smile
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 01:58

I think that DSR one was "Souvenirs of a Day Gone By" by Paige Caldwell, that's a good one. I can give you loads of DSR fanfic recommendations, but that's about it, I stopped reading a lot of fanfic years ago and anything that I read way back then I don't remember now (except one Scully/Reyes and a Krycek/Marita story - both are novel length IIRC). I'll post them in the fanfic recommendations folder soon smile

YES! YES! YES! It irks me too that people always think Mulder saved Scully when he did not! Skinner got himself caught up in a nasty deal with the CSM to save Scully's life, Mulder just went around hunting for answers with TLG and Kritschgau! CSM and Skinner saved Scully's life, as did Scully herself when she chose to try the technology that the CSM gave to Mulder to give to Scully.

It's like people that give Scully all the credit for saving Mulder's life at the end of "Amor Fati" even though that was 99% Diana Fowley who saved him (and IIRC Scully even said that Fowley was the reason Mulder's life was saved).

I don't think I have to say this though... most people can't even open their view of the series enough to see that Mulder and Scully aren't the only ones capable of saving each others' lives all the time. I think we all know who I mean by "most people" wink LOL
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 02:41

I put the recs in the fic recs folder:

"She Mends Me" by MyGirl Reyes
Scully/Reyes - NC17

"Not My Lover" by Deslea
Krycek/Marita - NC17

Though both are NC17 they are not fluff, they have plot, character development, and are very interesting to read. "She Mends Me" is the fanfic that made me realize that I love Monica Reyes in fanfic even though I can't stand her on the actual series. They're long, so I'm not sure if you even have the time to read them, but in case you do, enjoy!

I'll post some other recs too smile Even that Doggett/Skinner + Scully one wink

ETA: I added some shorter fanfic recs in the recs folder, they're a variety, and they're all fanfic that I have archived on my website as recommendations: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 03:17

Cool, thanks. biggrin
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:24

Haha, so it was Krycek's credit card. He bought Mulder's birthday trip. How nice. Hehe. I love Frohike. And his Kung Fu. :)

What a nice moment between Mulder and Scully as friends. Awww...

Everyone seems to be happy. :)

I like the idea of Skinner/Scully but there is not much to go on, truly, in these episodes. So far, anyway? I'm not much for Scully to be with Skinner these days after Doggett, though. :D
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:49

I know exactly how you feel. I still like Skinner/Scully, but once Doggett showed up on the XF series, it's hard for me to get behind backing it strongly anymore. Doggett joins FRVS in season 3, btw - not a huge role yet, but he does become a major main character near the end of s3 and all seasons after smile

About how Sk/Sc was written back then... we wanted to try to follow the "lead" that Carter gave us with the M/S relationship on the actual XF series back then, keep it on the back burner, don't show it very often, that's why it's hard to really grasp what's going on with them at this point in FRVS, I think (I hope) that we got better with it, but it's been so long since I read these early episodes that I really don't remember LOL
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum