Top 10 Reasons Why People 'Ship DSR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top 10 Reasons Why People 'Ship DSR

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 13:55

These are in no particular order just yet (hoping y'all will help out with organizing these or suggesting other reasons that might be better than the ones I came up with). I was inspired to make this list the other day when that asshat 'shipper accused some DSR fans of only liking DSR because we think Mulder was possessive of Scully (and I'm damn sure she was including us involved as "some" DSR fans considering us involved agreed with the comment about Mulder being possessive of Scully, but I digress). Anyway, the idea of creating a Top 10 Reasons Why People 'Ship DSR is to keep Mulder out of it, to show to those who think liking DSR means bashing or undercutting Mulder as a character, and making up "lies" about him to make DSR/Doggett look better. I think we all know that Doggett and DSR stand strong on their own and don't need the character destruction that Carter imposed on Mulder to make it stand up against the MSR/Mulder, right? Anyway... here are ones that I came up with, feel free to tell me if any are lame and not good/strong enough for a Top 10 list, and please add your own reasons to the list if you have one I haven't thought of yet. Once we have this Top 10 finalized I will post it on my doggettscully Tumblr page smile

- Doggett respects Scully's relationship with Mulder and her decision to stay loyal to him, his desire for her is always at war with his honor.

- The trust and respect between Doggett and Scully was hard-won and deserved.

- Doggett and Scully make the conscious effort to break professional formalities that long existed in the X-Files office by calling each other by their first names when they were no longer each other's FBI partner.

- Scully went out of her way to help Doggett when he needed her in season 8 when she was on maternity leave, and again in season 9 when she was an instructor at the FBI Academy. This shows that Doggett was much more than just a working partner to her, it shows us that she cared for him as a friend.

- The path of their lives reflects that of the other: they each have suffered the loss of a child, they each are skeptics of the paranormal. Doggett is a Marine, Scully grew up in a military (Navy) family so they are both familiar with that kind of living, they respect the law and need hard evidence to accept something is paranormal, they both have a desire for living a normal life free of darkness. These similar experiences and goals can draw them closer together if they would let it happen.

- Their body language reflects unspoken attraction between the two: hands on hips, mimicking each other's body positions, standing closer to each other than working professionals should, lip-gazing, holding hands while running, touching each other's arms to show understanding or comfort, etc.

- They are there for each other at the difficult times in each other's lives: he was there when Mulder was missing, he watched her back, supported her, defended her, offered kind words, and did all he could to protect her and her son. She was there for him when his partner, Monica, was on her death bed, she rubbed his back, she had his back when Reyes didn't agree with him, she was at his side supporting him when he had a lead that led to him solving his son's murder case in which his FBI partner didn't think was relevant.

- The series showed us that they spend their free time in the same manner: cleaning weapons, watching TV, and reading books. Even though these seem to be mundane similarities, having the same hobbies and interests can be beneficial to a potential relationship.

- Scully sheds tears for Doggett in season 9 when he is hospitalized because of circumstances having to do with hers and Mulder's work. She doesn't want Doggett to go down the same dark and dangerous path that she has travelled with Mulder, and she expressed to him that she never wanted him to get hurt and she doesn't want to lose him too.

I think that's nine, if anyone can word any of that better (or shorter) or has anything to add, please do. I know the first one mentioned Mulder and Scully's relationship with him, but I think that's all right because it doesn't go into specifics of Mulder's character that, in our opinion, makes DSR more appealing than MSR.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why People 'Ship DSR

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 14:00

Other things we could add, but I don't know how to word them right now:

- "Concern's for your well being, Agent Scully. That's all it's ever for." - Doggett

- "He's worth the effort, Mulder." - Scully

- "I've been thinking a lot about you, Agent Doggett... About why someone so ill-suited would draw this duty. Clearly, you have feelings for her... But you can't compete with the long-lost Agent Mulder. His easy good looks. His oxford education ... Mulder has what you can't have but you stumble forward, the flat-footed cop thinking he can put handcuffs on a demon... You want her but she feels sorry for you. They both do." - Kobold

- "If Mulder's safety is Doggett's paramount desire, his desire for Scully is always at war with his honor." - Chris Carter

- "I got the pretty clear sense that John Doggett was in love with Dana Scully. And of course Dana Scully was in love with Fox Mulder. So, you sense this heartbreak, you know, she's in love with this guy and he wants to be there for her and he can't be, because her heart's taken by someone else. He so wants to protect her, he so wants to be the one that she's turning to. And that just ain't gonna happen." - Frank Spotnitz

Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 16:30

I got one

They are damn sexy together. The set the scene on fire. They spark and ignite. They suit each other aesthetically.

That sometimes can be all the reason I need to ship someone.

Man, Mulder was so far from my mind when I started to ship Doggett and Scully.

gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 11 May 2016, 05:40

Can we just recall how many times Doggett waited for Scully in the hospital?

Without - and has a Get Well Soon card ready for her

Roadrunners - "ready to go?" - sounds like he is driving her back home....and of course carried her bags for her...imagine that - him walking to the car with her bags and driving her home.

Per Manum - at the end, how long was he standing her waiting for he to wake up?

Via Negativa - he aint waiting for her to wake up, but he certainly stalked her a bit

Empedocules - how many times does he stand there whilst she is in the hospital? It must have been at least 3 times we know of . I love how he secretly walks into the hospital room to see her, trying to not get caught. Simply stands there and thinks of his son then gets told off by the nurse for being there. Seems like he visited her before Mulder did too...

then he goes there quietly again, just standing there, and Scully wakes up.

Then he is there again, whilst she sleeps, but Mulder catches him this time.

So in total - 6 times.
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 11 May 2016, 14:25

yes! doggett/scully hospital scenes! (i didn't realize how often that happened in s8)
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top