1x05 "Boys Will Be Boys"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Boys Will Be Boys"
Written by: Ging
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder and Krycek discuss coming out of the closet.

* What did you like and dislike about "Boys Will Be Boys"?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x05 "Boys Will Be Boys"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:17

Ahhh, the first episode written by a guest writer, Ging! I like that in the short time that FRVS had existed that Ging caught on quick to the underlying joke of the series... is FRVS a Mulder/Krycek slash series? Back in the day when we were writing new episodes and promoting the series that was the most commonly asked question that we got about FRVS, and our response (and our official description on an older version of the FRVS website stated) was: FRVS is *NOT* a Mulder/Krycek slash series, but we can say that the situations and the friendship that Mulder and Krycek have will likely entertain the M/K slash fans. Whether or not the question was ever answered in FRVS I will leave open devious

After the first handful of FRVS episodes I find Ging's first contribution refreshing. She doesn't write in the script format (which is typical of FRVS episodes), and her structure of her story is strong. She nailed the FRVS characterizations of Mulder and Krycek perfectly, and had the exact kind of humor that FRVS strove to achieve in the early days.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:26

I didn't like it at all. blink I found it trite and predictable, the characterisation way off and the subject matter - despite having great potential for humour - wasted and sometimes on the verge of offensive. The only positive would be the format change, but that's very minor praise considering the lacklustre content.
Sorry. blush
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:36

No worries smile The subject matter is slightly controversial, but I don't think that was Ging's intention. I'm very pro-gay/homosexual and I also do not like it when that lifestyle is made fun of.

I do like the format change and I wish that when we were initially writing FRVS that we had had the time to adopt this format to the entire series, but the script form made it easier to write quickly. Kristi and I were always off deadline, and several handfuls of episodes were finished the night before they were uploaded online for first airing LOL
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 22:18

I knew that couldn't be your guys' writing!

* What did you like and dislike about "Boys Will Be Boys"?
I liked the mischieviousness of Krycek, trying to get Mulder's goat only to have Mulder get the upper hand and get under Krycek's skin and doubt his own sexuality! Hehe. I could picture the scene in my head.
I thought it was more of a stand-alone scene, without any context and without any hint of this scene causing impact in the storyline. That is one negative.

I actually prefer the script format. I like to read it that way. But I can follow any format. :)
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum