1x04 "Bad Boys"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 1x04 "Bad Boys"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

1x04 "Bad Boys"

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Bad Boys"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder comes across tickets to the ballet and makes Krycek go with him.

Review By: Cerasi J.

“GET SOME PANTS ON!”

Bacteria wars and bubble gum start off this outrageous episode of Fox and Rat! Mulder-literally-gets stuck with tickets to “The Nutcracker” and forces Krycek to attend with him. He tried to invite Skinner… but Skinner seemed to be… ahem… busy with Agent Scully. After comparing a dancer to November’s Play Pen Model-of-the-Month, Mulder and Krycek get stuck watching a man with no pants on and two ditzy women with magazine perfume. Mulder and Krycek are just thankful when the show is over!

* What did you like and dislike about "Bad Boys"?
* Have you ever wanted to walk out of a ballet or other theatre production because of bad audience members?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x04 "Bad Boys"

Post by Rey Solo on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 17:49

Did you know that this episode is based off of actual events?

I think I'll leave it at that. winkiss
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 21:41

*What did you like and dislike about "Bad Boys"?
Like - I liked the humor. Were Scully and Skinner supposed to be messing around? I like that. Hehe.
Dislike - It was a little disjointed - there were sharp changes of scene and was a little hard to follow until they made it to the theater.
* Have you ever wanted to walk out of a ballet or other theatre production because of bad audience members?.
No, I've never encountered obviously rude persons at a big, artistic production. Most people there pay a lot for the ticket and want to be there.
However, I have told some people to "shut up" in movie theaters. Now, that is a venue with a lot of rude people.

On, a slightly different bend to the question, I have gone to several concerts/performances where I kind of felt bad that there wasn't more enthusiasm or applause for the performer. It's like people were being so polite they don't want to clap. I've actually felt sorry for them!
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:04

I voted 3, nothing spectacular. I think the episode has great potential to be really funny if it were re-worked though. Oh the early years of mine and Kristi's fanfic writing...

Right away, Mulder and Krycek start to sniff the air. Their little noses cringe. There is a GOD AWFUL smell in the air!!! Kinda like the smell from teeny-bopper magazines... perfume. BLAH!

Mulder leans in towards Krycek ...

MULDER
(rather loud)
What is that smell?!

KRYCEK
Smells like (beat)
magazines!!

This part of the episode is based on a time when Kristi and I went with our mom and her friend to see "The Nutcracker", two girls/women sat down in front of us and reeked of perfume like the icky ones you can sample in magazines. I think whatever they used as perfume that day was a horrible decision, that stench sticks with me to this day. It was awful. So awful that K and I stuck them in an episode of FRVS to further make fun of them.

The second truth of this episode is this part:

MULDER
(yelling at the male dancer)
Get some pants on!!

Our mom's friend actually said this quite loudly during the ballet (not yelling, but ppl around us heard the comment) when she was talking about the tights that the male dancers wear and how their pants highlight their junk.

Were Scully and Skinner supposed to be messing around?

Yes! Absolutely, when FRVS began Skinner/Scully was our 'ship pairing of choice!
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:16

* What did you like and dislike about "Bad Boys"?
I loved it! I laughed (well, snorted - I'm in public and pretending to be quiet) out loud a couple of times. I did feel that the scene outside the theatre was unnecessary (it was hardly a scene at all) and it made things confusing for a second there, but otherwise, damn, I was entertained. biggrin There's just something about the image in my mind of Mulder bursting into Krycek's apartment and Krycek yelling at him to get out, immediately followed by Krycek doing exactly what Mulder wanted. And isn't it nice that they got to be buddy-buddy at the theatre? thumbsup Oh, the smell of magazines...yep, I thought there was a lot to like. Potential to be better? Absolutely. But judged such as it is? Still awesome. banana

* Have you ever wanted to walk out of a ballet or other theatre production because of bad audience members?

No, but I can take this the same way as Sue did, and say that I have been to some concerts with less than desirable audience members. Unfortunately in my case, I'm talking about inconsiderate violent jostling arseholes who put so much energy into pushing people around, they just don't even seem to be there for the music at all.

Last edited by TheInvisibleMan on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 23:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Only put one of the questions in bold. What an idiot!)
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum