1x03 "Ten Thirteen"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 1x03 "Ten Thirteen"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

1x03 "Ten Thirteen"

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 22:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Ten Thirteen"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder and Krycek on a road trip to nowhere, come across 1013 Productions.

Review By: Cerasi J.

“He's having an identity crisis.”

Mulder has really done it this time! It all starts when Mulder and Krycek are going for a drive, (quite possibly to find some Lucky Charms, perhaps?), and suddenly find themselves in a very strange situation! First poor Mulder must find Sound Stage Five… or was it Three? And what’s with Marita? And Scully? Who is this “Tea” person? And who the hell is “Blue”? What’s happening to our poor, confused heroes? Find out in tonight’s crazy and mind-boggling episode of Fox and Rat!

* What did you like and dislike about "Ten Thirteen"?

I really can't think of any other questions, make comments at will smile
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x03 "Ten Thirteen"

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 22:47

wallbash

This one makes me cringe because it was written back in the days before Kristi and I really took a good look at the writing of Chris Carter and we thought we'd honor him in our series. Gaaaah! I'm also not a fan of fictional characters meet real life people. I have no idea what we were thinking when we wrote this. I hope you guys enjoyed it more than I did.

Man, oh man! These early episodes of FRVS are hard for me to get through (thank goodness they're super short!). Don't let our lack of writing and plotting skills scare you away, I promise that FRVS gets better than this! (and I'm sitting here hoping that you guys are enjoying these anyway since y'all are new to reading the series).

If there is one thing redeeming about the episode it's that we took from one of our favorite Mulder/Krycek scenes from the actual XF episode when Mulder is dozing off and drifts into oncoming traffic (is that "Sleepless"?), we liked the idea that he was moron enough to actually do that than trust his new partner to drive while he rests LOL
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 23:54

Did you know... that the episode graphic/print ad was only just made the day before the story was posted for the 2012 FRVS Re-read? Many of the early seasons of FRVS are missing print ads, and I spent some time today quickly throwing print ads together for the remainder of season 1 episodes. I still have quite a few to make from seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5. Oops.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 23:58

Aww, this was my favourite one so far! I was just having great fun seeing where it was going. I'm not generally a fan of "and then he woke up", but I'll let you have it on this one since there was a certain surreal element to it already. smile I love all the little references to actual episodes, and I'm diggin' the cameraderie between Krycek and Mulder - that they're out doing stuff together and just kinda hating each other the whole time, but they obviously don't really hate each other or they wouldn't be doing it in the first place. Also, I just loved that when we first meet CC, his BUTT is referred to all in capitals. I thought that was hilarious.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 00:30

I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! Seriously! So glad! The camaraderie between Mulder and Krycek is the most endearing aspect of the series, that's for sure. The hate/friendship thing... yeah, that's a constant in the series.

I almost literally banged my head on my desk when I read the end of this one. I'm not a fan of 'and then he woke up' stories either. I have to keep reminding myself I was only 19 when I wrote these episodes, and my sister was 16. We had much to learn about story telling and writing back in the day.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 02:41

Ah yes, that's often the way when you re-read things you wrote back in your teens. Sometimes, I look at my old stuff, and I still love it and am really impressed. Other times...not so positive. rolleyes Writing is definitely a 'learn by doing' type of thing.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 16:52

*What did you like and dislike about "Ten Thirteen"?
I was a lot confused about where it was going after they ran into alternate selves. I was like "oh no we have to follow double people from now on?" Hehe. I'm glad it was only a bizarre dream.
I thought Tea's long-ramble was funny. I could totally see her doing that. I really didn't want to see Tea or other family members in the series, to be honest. I never liked that about the show. :/
I did like how the "real" David was so smooth about running into himself. The Agent Mulder would have freaked out and pulled his gun if he just ran into himself not confused (like he was and that was why he didn't act psycho, right?). hehe.
The not shaking Krycek's hand - is that a nod to when Scully wouldn't shake his hand the first time she met him? I love that scene.

Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum