1x02 "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 1x02 "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

1x02 "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 22:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder and Krycek argue over what cereal to get...

Review By: Cerasi J.

“I need my Lucky Charms!!!”

And Krycek fans cheer for this episode! Alex finally gets his revenge on the inept Fox Mulder by making him walk through the rain! In this crazy episode Mulder wakes up in the wee hours of the morning with a strange craving for Lucky Charms, [ let’s hope Fox isn’t expecting any little Mulders! ], he calls up Krycek complaining that his tires have been slashed. So, with Krycek in tow, Mulder starts on his desperate search for Lucky Charms which turns into an all out cereal war! Let’s just hope Mulder didn’t forget the milk!

* Which do you prefer? Lucky Charms or Cheerios?
* What did you like and dislike about "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"?
* A reference to "Fight The Future"?! Could it be that FRVS may use some things from the actual XF series canon?
* Do you expect references to the actual XF series to wiggle their way into FRVS? If yes, which things about TXF series would you want to see referenced in FRVS?
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x02 "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 23:02

I voted for "it's ok, nothing too spectacular". It's been years since I have read this episode, and for some reason, in my mind, I remembered it being more funny. Oh well. I still love how totally random Mulder and Krycek are, and I still feel like this episode is like an extended pilot episode, we're still introducing the characters to readers. I'm sure y'all have figured out that Mulder's more or less the moron of the two, and Krycek seems to be the more mature and wise one, right?

Lucky Charms or Cheerios... hmmm... depends on whether or not I'm trying to be a healthier eater. I do like the marshmallows in LC, but Cheerios is better for you. So... yeah... right now I'm going with LC LOL crackup

Series Insight... "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios" was the very first episode of the FRVS series to be written. At the time that Kristi and I wrote the episode we had absolutely NO INTENTION to actually write a virtual series. We were only going to write maybe a handful of utterly stupid Mulder and Krycek stories and leave it at that, but a group of readers at the old defunct Diana Fowley Haters Brigade mailing list kept encouraging us to write more, and we did, and eventually we got the crazy (and yes, writing a virtual series with just TWO main writers is fucking nuts!) idea to make a virtual series out of our stupid slapstick humor. At first we called it "The Adventures of Mulder and Krycek" and eventually (I forget exactly when) it turned into "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series.

In our first two or three seasons we had no idea that our little series was 1) the only online XF virtual series at the time, 2) how to write stories worth a damn, and 3) that we would learn how to craft plots and arcs later down the road which lead us to 4) that the series would go on through ten seasons and two "movies".

*FRVS would also go on to win virtual series award categories in Best Comedy, Best Drama, Best Production, Best Design, and Best Drama and Best Comedy in one year! Wowie!

(* if you would like the exact name of the VS award contest and years, I can probably hunt down that information by searching for an older version of the FRVS on a data DVD *)

Anyone have any specific questions about "Lucky Charms vs. Cheerios"? I always have a hard time coming up with discussion questions *g*
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 00:06

I can't say, we don't have Lucky Charms here (and I don't know that our 'cheerios' are the same as what they have in the US). I'm not very excited by the Cheerios we have got though, and I love the Hell outta marshmallows, so I bet I'd pick Lucky Charms. biggrin

I liked the set-up with Mulder calling Krycek like a whingy little child. The best bit was Krycek parking far off because he didn't think he'd be getting out of the car. rolleyes

* A reference to "Fight The Future"?! Could it be that FRVS may use some things from the actual XF series canon?

My spidey-sense say yes. thumbsup

* Do you expect references to the actual XF series to wiggle their way into FRVS? If yes, which things about TXF series would you want to see referenced in FRVS?

I surely do expect it, can't say there's anything in particular that I desperately hope is in there. I'm cool with seeing how it all plays out.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 22:50

Ah, yes... Mulder being whiny is pretty much a constant in FRVS (yes, even back when we were first writing this series, before Doggett*, and I was a diehard Mulder defender/fan, I was viewing him in this manner).

* FRVS Season 3 is Doggett's first season.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 00:00

Slightly off-topic question: what was your online name/username/ whatever before Doggett came along, Cassie? In the pre-DanaDoggett days?
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 00:27

TheInvisibleMan wrote:Slightly off-topic question: what was your online name/username/ whatever before Doggett came along, Cassie? In the pre-DanaDoggett days?

My username back before Doggett was "foxytime" - it's what I renamed the scene in "Unusual Suspects" in which Mulder tears off his shirt writhing on the ground LOL It's totally from my days of being a diehard Mulder fan shy I still like the name, and still react to that scene by saying "it's foxytime!" LOL
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 02:39

crackup It's an appropriate reaction to the scene, I think.
TheInvisibleMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 16:24

I prefer Lucky Charms to Cheerios, but I'd put Honey Nut Cheerios as about the same. They're both sweet and tasty. I hardly eat cereal anymore but I have bought both a lot. I think Krycek bought HNC because that's the only one with the bee on the box???
Like - The poor Gilligan's worker, Bob, and how he just left the mess and walked out. I'd have wanted to do that too!
Dislike - This story came a bit out of "left field" and was a little disjointed. Why the excessive annoyingness towards Krycek and why does Krycek put up with it? Did Mulder lie about the tire? Or was it legit?
Um, .... yes? But I was lost about the bee at first. Cheerios doesn't have the bee unless it's Honey Nut!
Anything. Scully is immortal is one! :)
Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum