1x01 "The Race"

Go down

Rate This Episode - 1x01 "The Race"

1 - Shitty!

2 - Meh, not too good, but also not shitty

3 - It was ok, nothing too spectacular

4 - It was good :)

5 - Awesome episode! OMG! I *LOVE* IT!!!

View results

1x01 "The Race"

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 22:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Title: "The Race"
Written by: Dana Doggett & Little Albatross
Date: 1999
Rating: PG

Summary: Mulder finds out that Krycek is his neighbor after scurrying around a grocery store.

Review By: Cerasi J.

“We can be buddies!”

In this hysterical episode of FRVS Mulder stops by Happy Gilligan’s to pick up some groceries and meets there [ of all people ] Alex Krycek! First Krycek and Mulder face off in the Great Turkey Debate, and wind up having an in-store food fight! Suddenly, they pick up the pace by starting a race to see who can get out of the store and home first. It’s only then when Mulder makes the startling discovery that he’s not alone… in his apartment building!

* Have you ever misbehaved in a grocery store? If yes, what did you do? If no, what do you wish you could get away with?
* What did you like and dislike about "The Race"?
* Do you think that this rivalry will continue between Mulder and Krycek, or do you think that they will become "buddies"?

Last edited by Dana Doggett on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1x01 "The Race"

Post by Cassiopeia on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 22:29

I had to vote to give this one a "5 - Awesome episode" rating. To me, this episode is so much better than the pilot episode - and shorter! I actually giggled a little bit aloud (trying not to since kristi has gone to bed). I don't remember many episode "plots" from season 1 of FRVS, but I did remember this one simply because sometimes, yes, sometimes I'll whack Kristi with a loaf of bread at the grocery store when we're shopping LOL so I guess that answers the question of whether or not I've misbehaved in a grocery store.

I liked that there was very little speaking dialog between Mulder and Krycek in this episode, most of their communication was through their looks at each other. I also absolutely love how there was this tense competition to race home, and they're enemies and all, but then Mulder flips around and is happy to realize that he could become "buddies" with his new next door neighbor! LOL crackup

I can't answer the last question because I know what happens in the series and don't want to spoil those of you who are reading for the first time peace
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 00:04

Did you know... that FRVS was highly inspired by "The X-Files" season 4 episodes "Tunguska/Terma" because we really, really enjoyed the idea of Mulder and Krycek running around together in Russia. We wanted more interaction between Mulder and Krycek so we made it happen! I hope that despite our completely Out-Of-Character portrayals of Mulder and Krycek will not scare you away from reading FRVS. No worries, we eventually get to telling our own version of the alien conspiracy mythology: silly at times and very serious in later seasons. Hang on tight!
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 02:13

* Have you ever misbehaved in a grocery store? If yes, what did you do? If no, what do you wish you could get away with?
No, at least not too much (I may or may not have run up behind family members and kicked them on one or two occasions...) Certianly, I do wish I could have myself a little food fight. smile

* What did you like and dislike about "The Race"?
The shop is called Happy Gilligan's! The image in my mind of Krycek and Mulder racing along together with their shopping bags cracks me up. I'd also like to know what Mulder wants with so much turkey?

* Do you think that this rivalry will continue between Mulder and Krycek, or do you think that they will become "buddies"?
Gee, I have a sneaking suspicion they'll keep up the rivalry...

I love your fun facts Cassie. thumbsup And you do like to entice us onwards with promises of grand adventure and conspiracy. I'll be happy to stick around for that.
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 17:29

If I could get away with an actual messy food fight in a grocery store, that would be so much fun!

Ahh, yes... Happy Gilligan's the first establishment in FRVS named after one of our favorite XF writers wub I don't think there's really a reason why Mulder wanted so much turkey, it's just in there because it's an obscene amount of turkey for one man, and this is also in there to suggest he doesn't always think things through before acting.
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue866 on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:16

* Have you ever misbehaved in a grocery store? If yes, what did you do? If no, what do you wish you could get away with? - No, not really. I ate a grape once when shopping with and old boyfriend and he treated me like I was a convicted felon - or should be one. Haven't eaten a grape in the store since!
* What did you like and dislike about "The Race"? - I loved the random little actions of Mulder. I especially giggled at Mulder smacking things with the bags of bread - even before hitting Krycek.
* Do you think that this rivalry will continue between Mulder and Krycek, or do you think that they will become "buddies"? - I think that Mulder will always be in Krycek's shadow, buddies or not. Hehe.

Sue866
Arm Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 22:49

LOL I love Mulder smacking the bag of bread around! Have you ever done that with really stale bread? If it's whacked around hard enough, stale-very stale, it can actually hurt on impact!
Cassiopeia
Clockblocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum