Robert and the Love Ride 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robert and the Love Ride 2010

Post by coolbyrne on Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Where to begin?

I've been out of the fandom for quite a while, but got pulled back in by Cassie when she made me author of the month back in December. tongue Then Geocities went defunct and reminded me of the fun I had back in the days of "mr. INTENSITY". I was so overcome by the nostalgia that I had actually contacted someone involved with Love Ride last year, with the intent of getting back into fundraising for Robert. Unfortunately, along with our paths never seeming to cross at the right time, Oliver had to cancel the Ride last year due to the recession.

The last bit of news I heard from Oliver's camp was that they are not doing the Ride this year, but instead are doing something smaller, with the intent of regrouping and kickstarting things for a brand new Ride next year. The silver lining for the fundraising is that it can be approached almost as a "dress rehearsal"- see what works, what doesn't work, what might work better next year, etc. smile (All money raised still going towards Love Ride in Robert's name.)

To make a long story short (if that's possible with me!), I've asked someone connected with Oliver and Robert (Emily) to help me out, and she's graciously agreed to do so. What this means is, I can get a few things autographed from Robert, which will be used to raise money. I've got other ideas, too, but I wanted to share this one with you all, mainly because I need your help- what would you like autographed? This is part of the e-mail she sent me:

We were thinking he could sign a few of the old Love Ride items unless you have other items to provide that we could ask him to autograph. I am sure he has some photos that he could sign. So I just wanted to make sure you know that this is a go and just let me know what you would need from us, if you would like us to compile some items for him to sign or if you have some items you would like to provide for him to sign.

So we can definitely get

-some Love Ride items (right now, I'm not sure what they will be exactly)
-some photos

I thought maybe an autographed script or two if he has any. Any other suggestions? Would anyone be willing to donate items either to be autographed or just to be raffled off?

Any and all ideas would be appreciated! I'll have a website set up most likely by next weekend, but in the meantime, let me know what you think.

coolbyrne
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert and the Love Ride 2010

Post by cassiechan98 on Sun May 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I hope that LR can happen again. I already have a lot of things autographed by Robert, and I don't have anything that I'd like to donate. I do have a lot of TXF scripts, but I don't have the money to copy them in order to donate them for an autograph. If anyone would want to pay to copy the scripts then I could get them copied and sent out to those in charge of getting him to autograph for charity.

- Ekatarina Gordeeva

cassiechan98
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert and the Love Ride 2010

Post by coolbyrne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm

I've put up 3 auctions on eBay today, 2 include autographed items by Robert! Please check them out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've also got t-shirts for sale, which I've silk-screened myself. They are $20 + $5 for shipping, with the $20 going right to Love Ride in Robert's name.

This all for charity, so please take a look and I hope you'll find something you like! peace

coolbyrne
Quiet Willy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top