What I love about Robert is...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What I love about Robert is...

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:11

Tarathemis wrote:
gorgclaud wrote:I love the fact he is the only man in Entertainment I have loved THIS long. Usually i go off crushes and phases but I have never stopped loving everything Robert is and everything he does. This is because he gets better with every role and puts his heart and soul into every role, and even when he 1st started out, he still acted his ass off and when he got famous he was still nice, polite, fun and down to Earth and humble and I will never forget the presense he has on screen when I see him. He mesmorised me and took over my life when he took the role of Doggett and I have never gotten over it since that time over 10 years ago.

I love the fact he made Double Dragon watchable, just cause he was awesome in it.

Wow. Well said, Claudine. I completely agree with you about the "staying power" of the RP Love. I've enjoyed other actors over the years, but have never continued to be interested in their work and follow it the way I have with RP. I also agree with what you said about him continuing to be nice, polite, and down to Earth after achieving fame and success. Having previously lived in Los Angeles for 14 years, I can attest to just how many egotistical, self-absorbed, vacuous ASSHOLES there are in the entertainment industry. Robert Patrick is the complete opposite of all that, judging from what I have heard about him from others in the industry to everything I have ever read about him. He is a class act all the way, and a terrific actor who STILL doesn't get the credit he deserves for his work.

His hair in "Double Dragon" still freaks me out, however.

crackup For some reason it really turns me on!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

Thanks sweety and I agree with what you said too - its funny....I do believe that once someone is a fan of Robert Patrick, they are always really loyal and longlasting as a fan.

Last edited by gorgclaud on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:14; edited 1 time in total
gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:12

Tarathemis wrote:I love that Robert Patrick renewed my interest in the X-Files from the moment Doggett first appeared on the screen.

I love the way he rocks a goatee. glasses

I love that he is the very definition of a "working actor", and he seems to well and truly love what he does and appreciate the opportunities he's gotten. The fact that he does it with integrity, humility, and a genuine work ethic just makes him even more awesome. thumbsup

TOTALLY!!!!!!!

Renewed is the right word!! That 1st reason here in this quote is so spot on!!!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 20:36

What I love about Robert is........ *sigh* pretty much everything.
Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cindersmommy on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 15:53

cheer
Cindersmommy
Pod Monster

http://lilangel387.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInvisibleMan on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 20:30

Aaaaaahhh, there's so much wonderful truth in this thread! I agree with all and everything!

I seriously love Robert's ears. I love that because of his ears, I can recognise him from his silhouette. rolleyes

I love the naturalness he brings to the screen. I can wholeheartedly believe that his character is a real person, even if everything else in the film is ridiculous.

I love that he gives himself so completely to his performances, that the rich detail he brings to his characters provides me with astronomical amounts of food for thought long after the movie (or show) is over, and that I can feel affected on a deep level by a single moment of screentime due to the sheer power of his artistry.

I love that I can say all these things about him, and none of it feels like exagerration in the slightest. If anything, I am at a loss as to how to fully explain the way I feel.

I love that he has such a great wife, that they've been married for so long, and that they've worked together a bunch of times. They seem really happy.

I love that he's not afraid to do nude scenes. I love that for a number of different reasons, some of which are pervy, but I also admire any man who is comfortable enough with himself that he can strip off and (potentially) expose himself to the whole world.

I love that he's the only actor for whom I will gladly view 'bad' films, the only actor who makes those 'bad' films totally watchable and enjoyable, and the only actor whose work in 'bad' films I would happily watch more than once. That's an achievement.

I have to voice my total agreement with what Patsy said about him renewing interest in The X Files, that's exactly how it was for me too. My attention was really lagging in season seven, watching on DVD I would sometimes not bother for a few days, even a week, and then I might only watch a couple of episodes in a sitting. I was dreading the thought that I might have another two seasons to drag myself through, I just wasn't feeling excited anymore. Robert Patrick changed that, and I raced through season eight and nine, willing the night to come on faster so that I could sit down and get my fix. Without Robert Patrick, I would have shrugged my shoulders and said "X Files, it was a pretty good show", but instead, it's one of my Top Three favourite shows ever.

I love that there are so many things I love about Robert Patrick that by the time I write one thing down, I've forgotten what else I was gonna say. tongue

I love that through my love for Robert Patrick, I have come in to contact with such wonderful fellow fans. I know I've only been here a few days, but already SoX has become a haven for when I'm feeling down or upset, and you guys are the most all-around pleasant, respectful, and openly loving fans I've ever come across, in any fandom. I feel like I can really express myself here without fear of judgement, and that is an amazing feeling to have. So, if you'll excuse my (possibly premature) gushiness, I love that Robert Patrick attracts such excellent people. inlove
TheInvisibleMan
The Gun In Doggett's Pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:12

I have to voice my total agreement with what Patsy said about him renewing interest in The X Files, that's exactly how it was for me too. My attention was really lagging in season seven, watching on DVD I would sometimes not bother for a few days, even a week, and then I might only watch a couple of episodes in a sitting. I was dreading the thought that I might have another two seasons to drag myself through, I just wasn't feeling excited anymore. Robert Patrick changed that, and I raced through season eight and nine, willing the night to come on faster so that I could sit down and get my fix. Without Robert Patrick, I would have shrugged my shoulders and said "X Files, it was a pretty good show", but instead, it's one of my Top Three favourite shows ever.

I'm sure Robert would love to hear comments like this. He was only on TXF for two seasons, but he made such an impact for so many fans who were getting bored with the previous season. He's the reason I even bothered to tune into season 8, if it weren't for him I would have stopped watching at "I'm pregnant." Even 12 years after his first episode, rewatching the Doggett Years episodes is still such a breath of fresh air that the show desperately needed at that time. Imagine how a XF movie franchise could be if instead of the dull and boring (uncharacteristic) portrayal of the original duo, they instead focused on telling XF stories with John Doggett taking the reigns. Get rid of Chris Carter as a writer/director and XF movies after FTF would be so worth watching over and over and over again.

I love that through my love for Robert Patrick, I have come in to contact with such wonderful fellow fans. I know I've only been here a few days, but already SoX has become a haven for when I'm feeling down or upset, and you guys are the most all-around pleasant, respectful, and openly loving fans I've ever come across, in any fandom. I feel like I can really express myself here without fear of judgement, and that is an amazing feeling to have. So, if you'll excuse my (possibly premature) gushiness, I love that Robert Patrick attracts such excellent people.

I'm so glad that you feel this way, this is the goal of the SoX Forum - for fans to feel free to say anything they want and to enjoy whatever they want about TXF (or any show/fandom for that matter) without fear smile I don't know when you came into TXF series, but I was active online in the XF fandom back when the show was on the air and it was (and often time is still) such a hostile fandom. I walked away from attempting to get along with "general" fans a couple years back, and being here on SoX only to discuss TXF, has been pleasant ever since.

And yes, RP does attract some really awesome fans monkey dance
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Sat 14 Jul 2012, 18:23

SoX is my 1st go-to when I get online. I wish I could spend more time on here these days, because of new members theres more fun stuff to talk about and also its easy to talk about personal issues here. Even when I decided to stop chatting about this show but still be a member of this forum, I still find something about this show I wanna say because of the awesome fans who come to this forum. My main objective if I do talk about this show now, is to talk positively about it. I was just sick of moaning about the same old things for too many years and so long after it all happened.

As a fan of what I regard to be "X Files subjects worth talking about" (Doggett, mythology, nit-picking, alternative relationships, silliness, other characters etc) this is the best place for it and with that so many people feel the same and we have become some online family. Its awesome! I think because we like the things we do, it means we are open minded and respectful people naturally.

I agree about RP and his wife, his willingness to do nude scenes and especially the fact he brought me back to my fave show and brought life to it back when it was on air. I was so ready to not tune in after struggling to watch season 7. But he made it better than I ever could have imagine and thats why I was, and still am, always shocked that he, and his fans, received such hatred. I hope RP knows what he did for the X Files and doesnt just remember what the loser fans said about him online. I keep saying, if it wasnt for him I would not be talking about this show this long after it was my obsession and this long after it ended. He is the only reason I have interest and the only reason I talk about this show here.
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Sat 14 Jul 2012, 20:04

I love that because of RP, I found SoX! peace
Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 09:33