When Did you become a fan of DSR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When Did you become a fan of DSR

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 17:13

When did you jump on this ship? What episode / scene ?

Did another ship hold you captive? Why did you change your mind and when?

Was it when the show was off air and some fan vid or fan fic excited you? (I have had fans of my vids actually say my vids turned them to DSR!! cheer )

gorgclaud
Narc!

http://doggmaticproductions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: When Did you become a fan of DSR

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 18:16

I first considered DSR when Doggett held Scully in his arms at the end of "Without", but didn't actually hop on board the 'ship until "Roadrunners", you know the scene... The Rescue Scene. Scully was in danger, Doggett rescued her - proving himself to her and the viewers that he is a trustworthy and protective agent, even though poor Scully had a slug up her spine the sexual energy between Doggett and Scully when he helped lift her off the bed was just so intense, so intense... seeing that kind of sincere chemistry again had me. I remember watching all that go down thinking to myself "wow, wow, wow, OMG, wow" and then trying to back myself up and remind myself that I was a Skinner/Scully fan, but I knew that my days of 'shipping Skinner/Scully were over - I was set as a DSR fan forever when Scully goes to carry her overnight bag out of the hospital, and Doggett takes it from her to carry it. Wow. Still, to this day, WOW.

Yes, before my Doggett/Scully 'shipping days two other relationships on TXF held me captive. The first was Mulder/Scully, but I jumped 'ship on that one after they kissed in "Millennium" and jumped on board another 'ship that I enjoyed during my MSR days... Skinner/Scully. I just like her with manly men, and Skinner is a Marine, a man's man, and seemed an appropriate match for Scully in the pre-Doggett years. I always viewed his interactions with her as if he crushed on her and cared for her in a way that a boss isn't really supposed to care for an employee.

I changed my mind with Mulder/Scully when they kissed during the s7 episode "Millennium" and I changed my mind with Skinner/Scully with The Rescue Scene from "Roadrunners". Granted, I still enjoy Skinner/Scully to this day, but my love for it is nothing in comparison to my love for Doggett/Scully. I believe strongly that John and Dana are a perfect match for each other and could have brought them so much happiness in the dark world that they both live in.

I became a DSR fan when the show was on the air. Fanfic and fanvids only help me love the idea of DSR more now that the show is over.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:14

Dana Doggett wrote:... even though poor Scully had a slug up her spine the sexual energy between Doggett and Scully when he helped lift her off the bed was just so intense, so intense... seeing that kind of sincere chemistry again had me. I remember watching all that go down thinking to myself "wow, wow, wow, OMG, wow" and then trying to back myself up and remind myself that I was a Skinner/Scully fan, but I knew that my days of 'shipping Skinner/Scully were over - I was set as a DSR fan forever when Scully goes to carry her overnight bag out of the hospital, and Doggett takes it from her to carry it. Wow. Still, to this day, WOW.

Wow wow and omg wow! pretty much how I reacted!! LOL cheer I think I was actually speachless and jaw droppingly shocked as those scenes unfolded!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:23

Right, for me, it was during the episode of Patience.

I have to say, I dont automatically lean towards Shipping characters all the time. I enjoyed Mulder and Scully with some UST, hell I liked Mulder and Covarubias together and would raise my eye brows at Skinner and Scully in their scenes together but never really Shipped anyone seriously. It just wasnt what I focused on. I can enjoy sexual tension but dont think much on it after that.

I think I seemed more interested in JUST Doggett when I 1st saw Within and Without, that everything else in that episode just looked like they were in some mist or fade!

So in Patience, when they both get out of the car and ask Myron Stefaniuk at the river...just the way they stood together and she had a giggle and looked up at Doggett, he stands there with his hands on his hips and then she puts her hands on her hips...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think its the way she laughs and then notices Doggett is serious and she stops giggling and joins him in how concerned he is, with how she is standing and kind of finishing off Doggett's lines:

DOGGETT: Well, we're not saying for sure that you do.

SCULLY: It may just be your connection to the body.

They are both intune in the investigation now, whereas before we just saw each of them butt heads too much. Its clear and spoken by them both that they agree with each other on the case. Doggett is also very relaxed and funny when he says "We're not saying for sure that you do" - He is mimicking Scully's amusment that their interest in this man might be detached and vague.

Interestingly, this is how Inside The X Files Transcripts site describes this moment - "(SCULLY looks relaxed. DOGGETT, being the manly man he is, has one hand resting casually on his gun.) "
"The manly man" bravo everyone notices this and its nice to see Scully relaxed all of a sudden with this new man, this manly man!

More noticeably to me, Doggett and Scully just look simply beautiful in this entire scene. I love the sun set look to the scene, the blue of his shirt and of her blue top against the green bushes and trees. Its this and the way they act with eachother and are good partners together, that I just adore and this got me to notice them as a couple.

Then Doggett asks Myron in a gentle but firm way if he knows a guy called Ernie, and makes it clear he is about protecting Myron' s brother - Scully lets Doggett do all the talking, showing how she is trusting in Doggett and how he is doing the investigation.

Then Myron walks away for good and

Doggett stands there thinking and staring as he walks away, with his hands on his hips and his body turns to Scully,

but his stare goes past her and to the river.

She stares as Myron but then looks Doggett up and down

and immediately puts her hands on her hips, like a mirror reflection:

Doggett is looking at the river, Scully is back looking at Myron going away and then at the exact same time, they both turn to look at each other - he even looks like he is lookng at her chest when he looks at her and on the 2nd one here, looks back at her eyes and in the last cap here she looks at his lips or his shirt

and I always see this and think it looks like they are about to forget the case and just have a big snog! Thats how intense that scene looks to me!!

But then they both look back and just look ICONIC and perfect together!

I rewound this scene every day I could after I saw it!! angel

So it was just one thing to another after that for me!! cheer

The next scene we have them in a hot car with eachother, he has removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeves drool and she has a little joke, he laughs, she starts to open up to him about trying too hard on the case and he finishes off that theory with the very accurate question of whether she is trying to be Mulder, and instead of mocking her, he says it in so many words it doesnt matter if thats what she is doing, he doesnt think she is wrong and he talks about his cop experience and how that helps to find out things for a case and they are both on the same page again.

To me, just having them sit together in a hot car for some 9 hours, like Scully says it was, makes me all hot and sweaty! That man, in a sweaty shirt in a car.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Then we find them on a boat together and that makes me think of them romantically.

Then he gets hurt, she needs his help, he comes to her all hurt and bloody, he protects her and shoots at the bat, they both end up on the floor together,

and he sighs on the floor in a sexy way, and he automatically rolls his body towards her and she is suddenly holding him and picking HIM, this manly man, off the floor!!

and whilst she looks at his obvious wounds, touching him all over, he is asking HER if SHE is okay!

Man oh man alive! I loved him so much anyway and then he goes and does that !!

Then he FALLS into her arms, she says "I gotcha" and she carefully lays him on the floor. The manly man finally gives into his wounds.

Then she gets him a desk and Im just thinking this is ALL SO WONDERFULL!!!
banana cheer angel biggrin cloud9 chicken dance cheer2 And I'm in heaven! I suddenly see this gorgeous cool brilliant character just become the best man Scully has ever come across!!

Then of course, it just gets better in Roadrunners and in the next episodes like Medusa, Via Negativa etc....everything there, I watched that as a shipper of DSR or Dipper, as some called it and I never really cared to ship anyone properly before! It was so fun and new and exciting and sexy!! Whats not to like?????!!!!!! The more I saw them together, the more I shipped them. If I didnt ship them in Patience, seeing Roadrunners, I know I would have shipped them from that one!

Then later inthe season it just gets more obvious that their UST has become her being too scared to enjoy his nice qualities (scared of falling in love with him) and he is secretly in love with her! So, yeah, man alive, yes DSR was so damn fun, sexy and brilliant to me! banana

This was all when the show aired, as all the eps unfolded. Doggett, Scully, DSR was a big deal to me each week!!

In time, years has passed, 10 to be exact, and I always concentrate and enjoy DsR over everything thing else.

I have known the show for some 17 years now and the WHOLE show was a massive obsession to me for a LONG time and now that part of the show is all a bit TOO far in the past and too "already done" to jump onto all the time, so now I bascailly enjoy the show for Doggett and DSR. That was the best thing the show did in the later years. It might sound narrow minded but I have loved the show for everything else for so long, I just have fun with DSR now.

Even after saying good bye to the show in 2002, getting married and throwing away all my X Files merchandise, the 1st thing I searched for on You Tube when i got back into TXF again was some DSR vids. When I found them, I was so happy! I wanted to make some of my own! Then I got back into vidding again in 2008 and the 1st X Files vid I made after my Doggett tribute was an anti-msr/anti DRR/ Pro DSR video! Now 3 years on, 100 or so vids later, highlighting loads of stuff I love about the show and doing a lot of DSR vids in that time, the main focus of my vidding , if not the only focus now is DSR.

So as much as I tried to accept who ended up on the show together, and said good bye to loving the show back in 2002 and other times after that, I come back to it quite easily and quickly and immediately sail on the DSR ship. In fact, the more the years pass, the more I love it.

Last edited by gorgclaud on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 03:30; edited 3 times in total
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 16:15

bravo

I had fun reading that analysis of the Hips On Hands scene in "Patience", what a great detailed analysis of what is going on there. It's funny that Chris Carter - in the MSR 'shippers' minds is the biggest MSR 'shipper, but there he was writing and directing Doggett and Scully in that manner. I don't like Chris Carter, nor do I especially like "Patience" (outside of all the good DSR bits), but the man did PURPOSELY pose Doggett and Scully in this way, he wrote them this way, etc. So as much as the MSR 'shippers like to think of him as one of their own (a 'shipper), I think it's clear that the man isn't completely stuck on MSR, but allowed DS/UST to shine (at least back then - nowadays he's totally stuck on licking 'shipper ass when it comes to TXF and MSR).

I agree with you, although I can (and will) discuss other aspects of TXF, my heart is really only in it for Doggett, DSR and - for me - the mythology. I continued watching TXF back in 2000 because of Doggett and to this day he's really the only reason why I still take any kind of interest in the show at all (and the mytharc, I'm really a big fan of the mytharc that I can't say that I don't watch it and want to talk about it anymore).
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 03:18

Thank you

Yeah, I could still talk about loads of stuff in the X Files and depending on my mood, I sometimes do but never now to the extent that I do about DSR or Doggett. I think one of the reasons is that its the freshest part of the show that got me to be obsessed with the show still and when it was on air I really didnt have this outlet to express everything I feel or felt about it, like I do now. Whereas the older stuff I loved about the show, I had friends who loved it back then and more of my letters were published in the magazines, etc. So I got to express everything I loved about the show back then. Also, the DSR fan part of me was somewhat silenced everywhere else, most of the time anyway, not always though.

I agree about Carter and I think the makers of the show back then tried really hard to make season 8 work without Mulder. And he probably was trying to create this UST and chemistry (and that the two actors naturally had chemistry too) so that he had something to work on for the future of the show. But as we all unfortunately know, this idea faded and was ditched in time for the Shippers and the Networks. Such a shame.

Patience certainly has a lot of flaws but theres tons of DSR in it that I love and always will. As much as I hate Carter and most of how he directs, I do think there is magic in this scene with how it looks and how they were both standing.

It's lovely to remind myself why I love DSR and how far back it started. It hit me so hard, unlike the UST between Mulder and Scully. And when I'm always defending the DSR Ship, sometimes I get so caught up that I forget why the hell I do it!!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rey Solo on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 08:12

I remember distinctly the moment I became a DSR fan. It was "Without" when Doggett went to Scully who was in distress on the floor and he held her in his arms. I thought: "wow, here's a guy who actually cares." The moment was so compelling that I can't even remember what Scully 'ship I was on before that--though I'm certain it was Scully/Skinner. But yes, it was that moment when Doggett showed such compassion for her that I though about how amazing their relationship could be. They challenged each other, they were at odds though the episode, but they were human together and that was something rare for "The X-Files".
Rey Solo
Talks To Self

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 09:37

I find it hilarious that Kristi was on the DoggShip before me! LOL I was so stuck on Skinner/Scully at the beginning of season 8. But you know me, of course when she brought it up after "Without" it did cross my mind, you know, because I'll 'ship just about anyone. Thankfully, DSR became my main pairing and I've never gone back.
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 09:43

Little Albatross wrote:I remember distinctly the moment I became a DSR fan. It was "Without" when Doggett went to Scully who was in distress on the floor and he held her in his arms. I thought: "wow, here's a guy who actually cares." The moment was so compelling that I can't even remember what Scully 'ship I was on before that--though I'm certain it was Scully/Skinner. But yes, it was that moment when Doggett showed such compassion for her that I though about how amazing their relationship could be. They challenged each other, they were at odds though the episode, but they were human together and that was something rare for "The X-Files".

So damn true. It was rare, to show their humanity like that. I love it ! Thanks for sharing!
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarathemis on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 22:12

Wow. All of this analysis and discussion about DSR was wonderful to read and think about. Claudine, you nailed it regarding "Patience", and everything you described regarding Doggett and Scully. Every bit of it.

Little Albatross wrote:I remember distinctly the moment I became a DSR fan. It was "Without" when Doggett went to Scully who was in distress on the floor and he held her in his arms. I thought: "wow, here's a guy who actually cares." The moment was so compelling that I can't even remember what Scully 'ship I was on before that--though I'm certain it was Scully/Skinner. But yes, it was that moment when Doggett showed such compassion for her that I though about how amazing their relationship could be. They challenged each other, they were at odds though the episode, but they were human together and that was something rare for "The X-Files".

I cannot recall the exact moment when I became a DSR shipper, but that scene in "Without" certainly gave it a kick-start. Like Little Albatross, I remember being struck by how genuine Doggett seemed in his compassion and concern for Scully at that moment, even though they had been arguing and generally butting heads prior to that. It established for me Doggett's true nobility, honor, and loyalty --- he may have disagreed with Scully, maybe even been pissed at the way she had been evading him and appearing to want to put up roadblocks to his investigation of Mulder's disappearance. HOWEVER, as a fellow agent he still had her back and respected her, and as a man he was still going to be protective (but not in a sexist way --- he clearly respected her abilities and strength).

Forgive my uber-geeky reference, but if this were Dungeons & Dragons, Doggett would be a Paladin, with a Lawful Good alignment. (IMHO.)

Tarathemis
Toothpick Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:58

It's been interesting read all your analysis..(Sp?)

I haven't exactly been able to pinpoint exactly when I started being a fan of DSR, but I think it was actually when Doggett was watching them outside the hospital room at the end of "Alone" that I started to backtrack to other moments, like when he found out she was pregnant and how protecting her without being a chauvanist and treating her like a weak woman...
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsofacto144 on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 23:13

Apologies in advance for a long post! >.<; blush

For me, it was when Doggett's charming but oh-so caring and selfless personality started to show through, and with Scully. I was so wow'd by not just how witty, matter-of-fact, and kind of fun he was, but also of how much of a gentleman he was to Scully. But in an exciting in sexy way that just made me board this ship in a flash. He's proven, to me, to be the most normal and most human and compassionate man on this show, and the way he helped Scully through everything... I was swooning. He was too perfect. It was my initial attraction to him that led me to this ship then, I guess, lol. I realized how ideal he was in that he had personality and brains, but was also selflessly caring of those around him, especially those he had to protect... and then I thought, by the gods, he's the normalcy, the calm, the tenderness and devotion that Scully needs. Mulder dragged her into a deep dark hole with him, leading her into a sorrowful life because of work, having to lose so much... And what did Scully get in return? Nah...DSR was just so automatic for me because it was so easy to not really see, at first, but feel how good this pairing felt. It was refreshing and easier to breathe with these two partnering up or just hanging back.

The episode Roadrunner sealed the deal for me as well, and that awesome and exciting partnership exhibited in Medusa [and holy crap did John look good in that stealthy outfit >x3] just made me know that full-circle, DSR was golden as a friendship, romance, AND partnership.

It was such a quick thing to happen, for me. I was already phased out of ScullyxMulder and, the romance-fan within me, looking for something new to ship to spice things up as I watched. But I didn't expect to ship DSR as quickly and as heavily as I do. It's been like... maybe one week, if that, since I started season 8 [I kind of fly through these boxsets lol], but the first couple of days of watching it, I was just like... so focused on DSR... seeing if anything would pan out... Snapping to attention anytime the two were in a room together, or had a moment or what have you. It was shocking because this point in fandom for a ship, for me, usually takes a while to get to. Like with LOST, I ship Jate so badly and did from the beginning but I wasn't as rabid about it until season 2...and then season 3 with the entry of love rivalry... But yeah, that's kind of how I knew I was hooked and hooked on something that was just perfect - I was reeled in deep and so very quickly.

gorgclaud, wow... that one scene from Patience seems like a subtle masterpiece of a growing relationship, if you take the time to make such adept observations of body language and dialogue. =O What a beautiful little scene... It doesn't seem like all that body language was for nothing. I've got to go back and watch this episode! >x3 Thanks for finding some really golden DSR moments there, I would have never seen it. But that's the best part of some DSR moments - they're subtle. Definitely something going on but it's subtle and not in your face and it just feels... nice. x3 And makes you want just a little bit more. Dx

gorgclaud wrote:Then of course, it just gets better in Roadrunners and in the next episodes like Medusa, Via Negativa etc....everything there, I watched that as a shipper of DSR or Dipper, as some called it and I never really cared to ship anyone properly before! It was so fun and new and exciting and sexy!! Whats not to like?????!!!!!! The more I saw them together, the more I shipped them. If I didnt ship them in Patience, seeing Roadrunners, I know I would have shipped them from that one!

Definitely! Any moments between Doggett and Scully just added flames to the fire of the growing love for that ship, lol, for me. Every moment between them in the beginning was quite nice and not wasted at all, just building up to bigger things. I got more and more hooked and fanatical over it as the episodes passed by. I was so ecstatic when the signs that Doggett really did care for Scully started appearing, and Daemonicus was The verbal confirmation that I was waiting for. Not because I needed to hear it to know it was true - I'm not skeptical xP - but because to hear it in words was just awesome. It was such... argh. Hard to put into words. But it pulled on my heart so. That's all I can say for sure. <3 DSR was pretty much pounded into me at this point but with Daemonicus I became DSR-or-nothing. >xD

jsabat28 wrote:I haven't exactly been able to pinpoint exactly when I started being a fan of DSR, but I think it was actually when Doggett was watching them outside the hospital room at the end of "Alone" that I started to backtrack to other moments, like when he found out she was pregnant and how protecting her without being a chauvanist and treating her like a weak woman...

The hospital episodes always get me...when Scully was hospitalized and Doggett just kept watching over her, moreso than Mulder... and he placed that get-well card within her hands.... When he watched Scully and Mulder in the hospital as he was slowly recovering and she was leaning at his bedside... It was then I could see just how much Doggett cared for Scully, and just wouldn't act or speak upon because of Mulder. That makes him even better. DSR was so strengthened by Mulder's interference because Doggett to me always came out on top, whether "winning" or "losing" Scully or a case, Doggett always handled things with more maturity, sensibility, and delicacy than Mulder. The love triangle or whatever it was [since nothing really happened...ever....even with Mulder later that season it was just such a short spurt of romance] made things so much more exciting and Doggett's affection for Scully even more apparent for me and even more... strong. Because as stoic as he was, he didn't look too pleased walking away from that hospital room. Just seeing her so happy with the man she loved after he'd gone and rescued him...

Damn there is too much good to Doggett and his character! Dx DSR was sealed for me early on but still kept growing throughout season 8. <3 It all started when Doggett showed his potential and the excellent, wonderful traits of a well-rounded guy. >w<

Sorry if this post is too long...I know it's incredibly long but I guess I had more to vent out about DSR than I thought...! And now I have such a craving to watch season 8 again, even though I'm working through 9. >.<;
ipsofacto144
Quiet Willy

http://fountainofrandomness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 20:51

It's not long at all....it's great!
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by ipsofacto144 on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 20:17

^Ahaha, thank you. =] ^.^;; I just feel like I blabber so much about DSR, lol. xP
ipsofacto144
Quiet Willy

http://fountainofrandomness.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jsabat28 on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 20:21

No problem. :)
jsabat28
RIP, Sweetie - 1974-2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:29

Ahh! I love your post! OMGosh! I wish I were on my own computer (and not on vacation so I'd have more time to post back with comments to your comments - I'll do that when i get back from vacation when I have more time). But seriously, I love reading long posts especially when they pertain to the DSR and Doggett wub
Cassiopeia
Browncoat

Back to top Go down

Post by gorgclaud on Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:26

I will have to read this long post later when I have more time but I need to quickly say that someone has finally outdone me on the EPIC LONG POSTS here!! I LOVE IT! cheer woohoo
gorgclaud
Narc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum